Horizon: Forbidden West (Febraury 18, 2022)

Ghost

15 hours ago, BNAG_Gamer said:

The second game looks absolutely breath taking and I am going to buy it just to look at these gorgeous 4K graphics.

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn the day it came out............... I still have not played it, Its on the shelf in the plastic wrapping :-O

Keep it wrapped and it might be a collectors item one day, the complete collection is so cheap digital now with frozen wilds its the way to go. I had the physical edition and recently wanted to play the dlc but it was cheaper buying the whole game than just frozen wilds on its own

Edited by Vivis_apprentice

23 hours ago, BNAG_Gamer said:

The second game looks absolutely breath taking and I am going to buy it just to look at these gorgeous 4K graphics.

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn the day it came out............... I still have not played it, Its on the shelf in the plastic wrapping :-O

Get on that. You won't be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so excited for this! HZD was not just one my favorite games this generation, but one of the best of all time for me. I loved Aloy, loved the story, loved the gameplay with all the strategy for the machines. It stole my heart, I couldn't stop playing it, and it was actually challenging for a game of the genre. I can't wait for Forbidden West! I knew they were going to show it at the PS5 reveal event ?. Hype hype hype!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

GLITTER_SOP_Announcement_Post_16x9_en_US

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/25/discover-the-forbidden-west-in-our-next-state-of-play/

Nearly eleven months ago we showed you the very first glimpse of Horizon Forbidden West during the PlayStation 5 Showcase, and now we’re excited to show more! This Thursday, May 27 join us on a very special journey into new and uncharted lands.

Starting at 9AM Pacific Time / 5PM BST / 6PM CEST, please tune in at your leisure for a uniquely crafted countdown towards the main State of Play event, which starts at 2PM Pacific Time / 10PM BST / 11PM CEST.

During this State of Play, we will debut the Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal! In this 20-minute exclusive segment, you’ll be seeing about 14 minutes of brand new in-game action featuring our heroic protagonist Aloy, all captured directly on PlayStation 5. 

This reveal has been a true team effort and we’re very excited to show you what we have in store. Whether you’ve been with us and Aloy since Horizon Zero Dawn or are only just getting to know this incredible world, we want to share this huge milestone with you and cannot wait to see your favorite moments and reactions.

Please join us on Twitch or YouTube at 9AM PDT / 5PM BST / 6PM CEST for the special State of Play Pre-Show, and at 2PM PDT / 10PM BST / 11PM CEST for the Horizon Forbidden West gameplay reveal.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

I'm curious why the countdown has to be 5 hours long. No one's gonna sit there and watch a 5 hour countdown, even if it is "uniquely crafted". .. but it kinda reminds me of the hours-long countdown to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla reveal (it was someone making a piece of digital art).

Anyway, can't wait to watch this. I guess I should really start playing Zero Dawn..

After watching the gameplay again but in 4K, it looks surreal. I'm guessing they'll release it early next year, maybe February? (as it marks the 5 year anniversary for the first game)  Development is on track so that's good to hear.

If they release a collector's edition with an Aloy statue, I'll definitely get it.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

Looks pretty incredible, which we all expected. Hopefully Sylens (Lance Reddick) is in this one more. He was the only interesting character in the first game. Would be cool if you could even play as him in a mission or two. What I'm saying is that more Lance Reddick in anything is always a good thing.

Hopefully it will run well on PS4. ?