PS5 Apperance!

Lord_Azrath

1 minute ago, rpg49ers said:

Is the Digital edition cheaper than disc drive?

Has to be. Otherwise why take the clearly inferior version if the prices are identical?

1 minute ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I'll probably get the digital edition if it's cheaper and the same console spec wise (you'd think it would be).

I don't ever buy physical releases anyway.

The console itself looks okay just was hoping to see more gameplay videos. A lot of those were cinematic. 

Do you have PS4 games physically? Because those won't work either

I love the PS4 design (except how heavy it is), so I didn’t think Sony would really top it for me, personally. 

But I think the PS5 looks futuristic and different, which is what they were going for. I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it yet, since it’s kind of cool but kind of strange. Then again, that’s almost always the case with any very different looking devices’ designs. I was sure the controller was going to match the console with the white part, but a little part of me wants there to be less white because the scratches on that thing will be more prominent than on black. 

I also wanted to see it horizontally since that’s how I always place my consoles. But it seems like there’s some blue light near the black part, unless that’s just editing? Is that part lit or something? Would be cool if it was and if you could change the colors. ^_^

Edited by Mayellie
  • Like 2

Imho looks much much better that the Xbox, I'd prefer it black but tbh the 2 tone white and black is kinda growing on me and now that I'm desk gaming and not couch gaming anymore I think it'll look great on the desk.

I'd say Sony killed it this gen reveal again.

Don't like it at all. It looks like a giant fucking white taco. The disc version looks like they just stuffed it on the side without considering it looks completely asymmetrical.

I saw a mock up of it in black that looked way better. I actually liked the dev kit a lot better.

This is one of the ugliest console designs I have ever seen.

• Like 2

Yes. I was honestly in shock of the design, it looks awesome and it took me by surprise how good it looks in white! I bet no one guessed the console would be curvy, it looks futuristic and unique. I love it.

When I am a huge fan of the white console, I’m not a fan of the white controllers. I don’t think a white console with two black controllers will look good so I got a decision to make, lol.

Im positively surprised. I like the design, and i like how they made accesories that matches. I could go for a full set :D

Bravo Sony.

Now i just hope the SSD provides the "zero loading screens" they talked about, then im happy. No need for more frames pr second and all that. Just give me games without loading please. And a little better graphics.

I've got to say, it looks better than I expected.  Not sure exactly what I was expecting, but still... it's very eye-catching and "futuristic."  Looks like something you need to activate for reasons in a sci-fi game by waving your hand over it until it glows, lol.  I like it.

Really love the white design and shape of the console. Though to be honest if a color and shape of a piece of hardware stops you from buying it to play some really awesome games that will entertain you for hours on end, I don't know what could honestly be more silly than that. I don't buy consoles to look at them all day, I buy them for the games and entertainment value you get out of them. Lol.

Still though the white is great. Not really a fan of black at all. Hope they do go with a all black version though for the folks used to that. Would hate to lose people just because of some silly color.

Edited by Sword

Personally I think it's incredibly ugly, and it looks like a prototype rather than a finished product. However I think the white coloring is responsible for like 60% of my dislike for it. We need a dark color option stat. Guess ima be holding out for the 2nd version.

And the sizzle real was great except only like 1 AAA game at launch (spiderman) so again, no real reason to buy it day 1. I can def wait for more spidey.