PS5 Apperance!

Lord_Azrath

It is such a mistake having the buttons all the same colors. Not having the trademark pink square, red circle etc. I think is criminal! It's literally the oldest symbol of the Playstation.

Especially since it is supposed to have backwards compatibility and all old games will have those color sets on screen. (Ala Parappa The Rapper)

6 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

It is such a mistake having the buttons all the same colors. Not having the trademark pink square, red circle etc. I think is criminal! It's literally the oldest symbol of the Playstation.

Especially since it is supposed to have backwards compatibility and all old games will have those color sets on screen. (Ala Parappa The Rapper)

Good point.

10 hours ago, locoporkko said:

Ps5 rules,xbox series x shit

Carefull. I got a warning for trashing xbox on a playstation site for some reason. I agree with you tho

I know its a bit off topic but i thought a vr game or 2 would have been trailered especially because current vr is ment to work on ps5. New Astro bots was trailered but dont think its vr ?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I just noticed, thx! 

Speaking of which. Its priced 150€ here in Sweden. I hope its a place holder price 

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

I hope when you turn it on  the buttons will show the colours

I'm 50/50 on it right now, I think it would look better with white and dark blue instead of black. The all black boxes we're getting boring in my opinion so I'm glad they at least tried something new. Overall not bad but definitely could have been better. Although I'm not a fan of the controller's look, the d-pad would look better in a different colour, and the iconic colours of the PS symbols need to be much more pronounced.

The moment I saw it I thought it looked like a WiFi router xD but it looks cool. Like other people have said before, I'd prefer if it was all black and preferably matte for dust. I love black consoles. The design in my opinion looks even sleeker when in horizontal, the stand blends seamlessly with the console.

I won't buy it day 1. I'll wait several years for new revisions and such, so I'm waiting somewhat patiently for the slim model and its improvements over the first model :3 I just hope they manage to erase the existence of the move controller... because if Microsoft managed it with Kinect on the 360, I don't know why PS5 shouldn't be able to use that 3D camera like a move controller all in one.

I personally think the Xbox Series X looks much nicer in terms of pure aesthetics. I'm an Xbox 'main' anyway so this isn't a huge issue for me, but I really liked the simple design, matt colour, LED light out the top and general mini-PC tower vibe. I also love PlayStation, which I always get 6-12 months after for exclusives, so I was sligthly disappointed at the aesthetics of the console. I love white consoles, but the two tone looks really jarring. I get it is to accent the curves of the console, but overall I think the PS4 Pro and Slim look nicer than both the PS5's. I would have done white/off-white and black/gloss black or charcoal rather than white/black. I also think the digital version looks considerably nicer than the standard version, which is an issue, as I'd 100% want to buy the standard version due to my prefer for a physical-disc option. The disc drive on the standard version looks really out of place stood up, less so on its side, and I really don't like the design of it. Digital looks decent.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

If someone posted a leak of it months ago I feel like some people would not have taken it seriously because it looks too futuristic lol

Anyway, it looks ok I guess, but I for one would have preferred a more minimalist design. Would also have liked an all black version, here's hoping.

Edited by sillyrobo75

14 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

I don't mind the white as long as it doesn't turn yellow like SNES.

My white ps4 pro has not started yellowing yet, so that's a good sigh. It's not that old though (5 months).

I keep it out of direct sunlight, just in case.

Edited by Bratinov