PS5 Apperance!

Lord_Azrath

14 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I hope they make it in black at some point. White consoles are dust magnets.

HEll no!! lol I was hoping it was 2 tone or just white! So damn happy about this .. Every console is black ..Its about damn time we get a white one right from the start! Last one that was white or gray was my ps one :) I almost cried when I saw it white!! I will buy both ed :)

The more I look at it, the more it looks like something that I would expect to find in a spaceship. It is not ugly, just a big strange, but would prefer it black though. I just hope that it doesnt have to stay upright. 

And that pizza thing that people were mocking, was real or fake? 

I'm not really a fan of the appearance of the PS5, I like simple shapes and the PS5 just looks too bling and 'gamery' in my opinion. Then again I'm getting it to play games not to look at it so the appearance doesn't really bother me. I think it might look better all black and when positioned horizontally.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Unless they still use bromine in the plastic it shouldn't turn yellow. Plus you can remove that yellowing anyways with hydrogen peroxide

Most white plastics yellow with UV light. Has nothing to do with Bromine. ABS and PLA both have terrible UV resistance.

Yeah, I don't know which one looks worse PS5 or Series X. Not a fan of either look. Also not a fan of white consoles.

It looks to me the original design was the digital console and the disc drive just added on. And only one USB port? More in the back or what?

9 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

Size comparison

nWvYzns.jpg

PS3 Slim is a mirror image. But damn PS5 is huge.

18 hours ago, TheArcadeKid said:

I like it. The verticality is a throwback to PS2, and the two-tone colour scheme is an obvious fit for the controller (which also looks great). Honestly, I'm genuinely surprised that it's so thin - it's hard to believe it'll be efficient at cooling.

Exactly my thoughts. The way Cerny described the new cooling solution in that conference, I was expecting a big hole on top of the box or something like the Xbox One X.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of white electronics around my house, but I liked the design...really futuristic, too bad I have a standard brownish-wood tone colored living room, which will do no favors for the design. 

I probably won't buy it until 2022, so who knows if we'll get a black version by then.

Not gonna lie, the dual tone DualSense is much more eye catching than the black mockup. Absolutely a 10/10.

Edited by kaltezhan

So the images I been seeing is it being vertical, only today I saw it laying flat. For some reason that made me like the design a bit more...

1kdEULG.jpg?1

Pretty much every console design to my memory has had its critics. It'll probably grow on you, guys! I like it a lot already, more character than a big black block

11 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Size comparison

nWvYzns.jpg

I said it on a Facebook post, but yeah, this pictures irks me- mirrored PS3 slim and the PS4, PS4 Pro and Xbox One all standing the wrong way

I am loving the design. It looks unusual and futuristic. The Future Of Gaming. Definitely a day one purchase for me.

Was hoping for something totally different than another rectangular black box. People who don't like the design will have to wait for the slim model at a later date, which might be re-designed.

And for those who are not into the colour scheme, I'm sure people will be releasing skins for it.

The two white sides go down at an angle like a V subtly for 5. And I will probably be keeping the unit standing vertically if it fits well under my TV. Will need to wait for measurements to be released.

The bottom stands seem to be slightly different shapes for each SKU. With the unually shaped sides, we must be getting the stands included with each SKU.

I'm looking forward to the deep dive and teardown into the hardware sometime. Interested to see what ports we have on the back, and how to open it up to install a new M.2 drive.

There was no mention of VR support at all? From my understanding, we are supposed to be able to use the current PSVR headset with the PS5. And it is supposed to have the breakout box built into the system so that we can just plug the headset directly into the PS5? And I would I be able to use my older PS4 camera with the new system, or do I need the newer HD camera to play PSVR? I'd love to know how all that would work.

I am hoping that the AstroBot game does support VR, but maybe it doesn't look like it will. And also hope that RE8: Village also supports VR as well. I feel that going into the next gen that as many VR titles should support a normal non-VR mode as well where it is possible.

Reminds me of a gaming PC I had in the mid 2000s

Honestly prefer the look of the mini fridge that is the Xbox series X ?‍♂️

Then again might be because I own several itx computers and itd blend in

Edited by mackenzie129
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...