PS5 With disc or without?

waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?   

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

If I get a PS5 at all, it'll probably be the digital version. Pretty much the only time I use the disc drive on my PS4 is when someone lends me a game - which isn't often, and it usually just gathers dust while I work my way through other games. I've bought and sold physical games maybe 10 times or so this generation. Could easily live without a disc drive.

That said, my PS4 has been my sole DVD/Blu-Ray player for several years. But I don't even know what multimedia capabilities PS5 will have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

Probably disc, depends on the price.

But the fact, that there is a digital only version is kind of a statement about not bringing PS1-PS3 compatibility, isn't it? Or will the disc version be sold as the "Blu-ray and backwards compatibility"-PS5? Doubt it.

Xbox One has a digital version but they still have BC all the way to the first one. It doesn't mean anything yet

• Like 2

Even though 90% of my games nowadays are digital (mostly so I'm able to self-boost many games with my 2nd ps4), I see a Digital-only PS5 without a disc drive as a complete bummer: many times I bought discs due to them being cheaper than digital games who never get on sale, or even if they have been delisted. I'd never buy the Digital-Only PS5 because I'd be shooting at my own feet

• Like 1

Most of my games are digital due to my PS4 either ejecting discs or not taking them in every now and then, even though I prefer and own a few discs. I don’t want to be locked out of an option, so I’ll likely go with disc. What if I find a ton of really good disc deals from a retailer closing shop? Or a friend giving me a game they no longer want? Can’t do that as much if I own a digital-only PS5. I like to keep my options open. :) 

• Like 1