waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?

PS5 With disc or without?    1,061 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

282 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2020 at 11:00 PM, LoveInHell said:

Yeah... that’s why I said “disc and digital game prices will be the same, of course used games will cost less physically but I don’t mind that” = pre-orders will have same prices but beyond that it wont.

Nope, in norway disc has allways been cheaper since release(new game, not used) around 50 pound for physical, and around 55 for digitally.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:15 PM, ZoutjeNL said:

Not true, (at least not in The Netherlands) Games are often 5-10 euro below digital launch price here in physical stores. 

Same in norway, pretty sure ps5 games would be a bit cheaper on disc😊

Edited by DividedByMankind

Physical copies over digital all day every day. 

Option to resell/trade? ✔️

Chance for physical copies to gain value on the market? ✔️
Option to revert back to previous versions of games because of potential glitches/bugs in updates? *cough* Mad Max *cough* ✔️

Nice little collection of games on your shelf? ✔️

If gamers can’t see the benefit of having a disc reader then I guess you can’t help change their mind 😬

After much thought. Ps5 with disc will still be my first choice. 

Since Sony loves doing slims. Im sure they will do a slim no disc model someday. I'll probably buy one of those too.

With disc of course, even if most of the purchases are digital I'd rather have the option of both, and also to support physical games on the future.

Will definitely go for the disc model option of the PS5, I love seeing how far my gaming collection has grown over the years with all of my gaming systems. (From Standard, Limited Runs, SteelBooks, Collector's, Special editions and so on, they all amazing displayed together!)

I do enjoy a digital library (especially when they are at a much better sale deal) but it just doesn't feel the same as having a game with you physically and sometimes I even rebuy those digital titles in physical due to loving the games.

Ensure, a few months after release, I can get any game for around £10, and I’ll get the all digital version. If not then I’ll get that deal by buying and selling physical discs.

Disc, Cheaper to buy physical and I like actually owning the game.