PS5 With disc or without?

waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?   

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

Physical copies over digital all day every day. 

Option to resell/trade? ✔️

Chance for physical copies to gain value on the market? ✔️
Option to revert back to previous versions of games because of potential glitches/bugs in updates? *cough* Mad Max *cough* ✔️

Nice little collection of games on your shelf? ✔️

If gamers can’t see the benefit of having a disc reader then I guess you can’t help change their mind ?

• Like 4

After much thought. Ps5 with disc will still be my first choice. 

Since Sony loves doing slims. Im sure they will do a slim no disc model someday. I'll probably buy one of those too.

Will definitely go for the disc model option of the PS5, I love seeing how far my gaming collection has grown over the years with all of my gaming systems. (From Standard, Limited Runs, SteelBooks, Collector's, Special editions and so on, they all amazing displayed together!)

I do enjoy a digital library (especially when they are at a much better sale deal) but it just doesn't feel the same as having a game with you physically and sometimes I even rebuy those digital titles in physical due to loving the games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Disc model as long as the price is right. It's crazy how we're in August and still haven't heard about pricing or a release date. The disc version will likely be more expensive but if it's significantly more (like more than a $100 difference) or if the initial supply is constrained, I'll settle for a digital version. I can't help but feel the disc version will sell out faster, physical games are often cheaper and have resale value after.

They can NEVER take away your physical copy of a game, but they can digitally.

And if it's delisted you can always get a used copy.

Which is why I will always buy physical until they don't anymore.

Plus why do people act like you're going to be staring at the console the entire time? Just think of that bump as the PS5's fine ass. 

4 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

They can NEVER take away your physical copy of a game, but they can digitally.

Whenever PlayStation has delisted digital games that you paid for, you've been able to download them from your downloads list. 

9 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Whenever PlayStation has delisted digital games that you paid for, you've been able to download them from your downloads list. 

Yeah, but they also have the power to take it away from your download list if they wanted. 

And theres gamers like me who are still playing their PS3's due to financial hardships. I know it's been forever and I could have saved up. But I couldn't and when I do finally get one. I can always get a physical copy, unless it was only digital. 

7 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Why is this even still a question?

To rephrase: “do you want to spend 4-5 times as much on a game in order to not have to swap discs (oh, and lose access to media discs, which are the only reliable way to get decent 4K films)?”

4-5 times as much for digital?  In the States this is not true.  Some you find cheaper physical but many you find cheaper digital on flash/weekly sales, and it often contains the season pass which the physical does not (unless you pay a lot more).

I am definitely getting with disc but I am surprised that so many say physical is so much cheaper.  Maybe they are talking about used game market.

9 minutes ago, djb5f said:

4-5 times as much for digital?  In the States this is not true.  Some you find cheaper physical but many you find cheaper digital on flash/weekly sales, and it often contains the season pass which the physical does not (unless you pay a lot more).

I am definitely getting with disc but I am surprised that so many say physical is so much cheaper.  Maybe they are talking about used game market.

Here(European country) it's the opposite, physical i alot cheaper. I will give you a example, take Assassin's Creed Origins a semi old game( 3 years).

Physical new: 15,84 Euro

Store: 69,99 Euro / 82,70 USA dollars with the price today.

• Like 1