PS5 With disc or without?

waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?   

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

Disc. Even though I own a lot of digital PS4 games, I would never want to limit myself. The ability to buy delisted games physically is always a benefit, as is the option for used games and retro gaming down the road.

For the relatively small difference in price, it is a no-brainer especially if it functions as a 4K player.

• Like 1

Physical always, unless digital ends up being the only option(Well in regards to games anyway)
Don't know what I'll do if Playstation 6 ends being a digital only console.
Still don't plan on buying the Playstation 5 until sometime next year or so and hopefully the Disc version will still be around.

Edited by Nightstream88
  • Like 2

Ill be getting it with the disc. Digital games are overpriced enough as it is on the psn store and I'd much rather have hard copies of games that once I've played them through I can trade them in or sell them to fund buying more games.

• Like 1

My day one will be the disc base choice, then I will buy the digital only system maybe a year later on blackfriday. :)

Edited by NERVergoproxy

It's going to be a while before I buy a PS5 at all. But when I do, definitely the disc version. I'm open to the idea of going digital-only, but I'd want to see the prices for old digital games drop first (to be on par with what I can buy them for physically second hand). And I'd expect either a very large hard drive, or the ability to stream games instead of downloading.

Disc version. I'm a collector and plus it gives me a more easy way to play a game from friends. When GTA 6 comes out, don't you want that nice special edition box and steelbook with that new game smell? 

Edited by Eagle-RP
  • Like 1

If digital prices were anywhere near as reasonable as disc prices, I'd have gone for digital only. But  the fact remains that with disc you can pick up a game years from now relatively cheap and still end up paying twice as much for it if you go digitally through the PS Store.

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 1

Disc version for me. I like having physical copies of my games. I will say that, it's a smart idea to have two consoles to cater to both parties.

If the price is close, might as well go with the disc version.  If there's a substantial difference, I'll have to think about it...  I like digital, but still have a fair number of PS4 games on disc and I'm a little wary of limiting my options.  We'll see.

Edited by dmland12