PS5 With disc or without?

waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?   

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

I live in Australia, and if I buy the digital version of PS5 I will be spending a lot more money than I have to on games. Brand new games on Australian PSN are $99.95 meanwhile local retailers sell physical copies for $69-79. It's a no-brainer for me so I'm getting the physical version. Plus I've always been a physical collector of games. I might buy a couple of digital games here and there when they're on sale in PSN but I prefer seeing how much my collection has grown over the years. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

I'll stay with disc too. I rent a lot of my games from a UK service called Boomerang. Without that I would be paying a lot more money, and possibly, on games I don't end up liking.

I think it will be a sad day when discs will no longer be sold.

• Like 1

Disc version for sure. 

Here in Australia the majority of new release titles are $99.95 on the PSN store. Retail they’re $69-$79. Even if the digital console is cheaper, that cost will absolutely be offset by just buying a couple of games, and will work out to be cheaper over the life of the console. 

Plus our internet here is shit. The latest 32gb Modern Warfare patch took 7 hours to download last night..

For me personally I'm done with physical. Yes its nice to have physical but it's so much more convenient to sit down and choose from a digital library. If you wanting physical because you can get it cheaper then just wait for a digital sale. Besides the digital console will be cheaper.   

Couldn't imagine going all-digital myself ever, could well be the time I stop buying new games altogether if that becomes the norm, I still collect box sets for TV shows I love. But that's my privilege to be able to do so, it's great that there is an option for folks who can't or just don't want to keep physical copies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

For me personally I'm done with physical. Yes its nice to have physical but it's so much more convenient to sit down and choose from a digital library. If you wanting physical because you can get it cheaper then just wait for a digital sale. Besides the digital console will be cheaper.   

Digital sales are still far more expensive when you consider the ability to rent or buy second hand then get most of that money back through trade or resale. Far, far cheaper to go physical, and easier for friends and family to borrow too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

I live in Australia, and if I buy the digital version of PS5 I will be spending a lot more money than I have to on games. Brand new games on Australian PSN are $99.95 meanwhile local retailers sell physical copies for $69-79. It's a no-brainer for me so I'm getting the physical version. Plus I've always been a physical collector of games. I might buy a couple of digital games here and there when they're on sale in PSN but I prefer seeing how much my collection has grown over the years. 

The internet is also slow in Australia so it will take longer to download. Physical games installing is way quicker than digital games downloading.