PS5 With disc or without?

waltdisneypixar

PS5 With disc or without?   

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. PS5 With disc or without?

2 hours ago, cam_wick said:

Pretty sure he meant places like GameStop. Amazon isn’t really a retail store the way Walmart or Target are. It’s just warehouses and an online shop.

Yes, but Amazon sells more physical games than Walmart and Target, which got to the crux of the argument that physical sales are going away solely because GameStop’s are closing. 

disc variant for sure. even for those people that have said theyve barely used any discs on their PS4, would you not want to at least have the option? the only way i can see the decision to get the all digital one acceptable is if the one with a disc drive is like another 200$......even then its just short term savings....

With the drive, simply on the basis that when I buy a new game, I'll eBay it once I've played it to death and as such get a big chunk of that £50 outlay back. When Crash trilogy came out I got more on eBay than I paid for it. Digital only, it'd work out far more expensive given how I keep up my gaming habit.

• Like 1

Disk is better digital games your tied to owning it so that 40£ is completely gone or you spend £40 on a disk play it sell for £30 then you've only lost £10 the reason they are pushing the digital only is so they make more profit its just a scam even if disk is more expensive it's still worth the cost 

• Like 3

I love collecting, so disk version. 

Having to change disks is a hassle, but I go out of my way to try and find the physical version of my games.

I only resort to digital if there is a deep discount, and even then I get the physical edition later on.

I'm more likely to buy digital after owning the disk, just for the sake of convenience :D .

Edited by Bratinov
Typos, adding things...

Disc. Definitelly. PSN store prices are incredible high than prices in local gaming shops and there is also possible to get some money back when you want to sell the game back to shop or on some marketplaces. Like it or not, it is all about the money for me.

• Like 3

With. Even if the price difference is dramatic, because I have no intention of getting a PS5 until I've conquered my PS3, Vita, and 4 (and psp..) backlog, and by that point I figure the PS5 console will be quite a bit cheaper than whatever it goes for on launch. 
..realistically, the PS6 will be out by the time I've defeated the backlog. 

I hate discs, make the console louder, and takes up unnecessary spaces. On top of that, I rarely buy new games, usually stick to a few years older titles so the price of the digital version is usually super low, even lower than the disc version. I know you can re-sell the physical version later but I don't really have time to be bothered with it. As it is now, I would prefer without disc-option version, however, we don't know the price difference and that, I believe, is going to be the main deciding factor for the majority. If the difference is $20-$100, I don't see a reason going for the disc-less version and I doubt the difference is going to be more than that. 

• Like 1

Probably with the Disc, as I see value in owning the physical disc/game sleeve etc (even though it's more environmentally unfriendly).

If the price difference is large though, I could consider the digital only console. Part of this depends on HDD size it ships with and the average game file size.

i rarely buy physical anymore. 

not sure when i'll even get a ps5, don't even know what price it'll be for both. hopefully its something like $50 difference but that's pretty doubtful. 

probably would go with the one that plays physical games however, anyhow. i'm not a fan of the way sales have been this year. the switch to wednesday's thing has made the quality of sales even worst, only sales i've liked this year were the big in japan ones, and the first one of those we've had was better. vita game sales have been MIA which is highly disappointing as well.

Without, becuase it's not 2010 anymore and I have not got room for heaps of plastic boxes cluttering my house, needless wasted components in my console for a disc drive I won't use. I'm glad we have the option to go digital only.

I see alot of people here saying discs are cheaper and you are right. In buying digital less of my money goes to middle men (retailers / webshops etc) and more goes to Sony. I would rather help keep the company that builds this console and all the awesome studios they have rather than sending it to Amazon, but that's my 2 cents!

Edited by tpepper1985
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 9:40 AM, Golem25 said:

I will have to classify this as a 'bruh' moment. Older physical games are almost always cheaper than they are on the PS Store at a given time, if only because you've got potentially 100s of places where you can get it as opposed to 'just' the PS store. Case in point for the first game I could think of; even with international postage (wouldn't need it myself, live in the UK) in my example Unity will be cheaper than on PSN. Looking at PSPrices Unity has also never been cheaper than 8 Euros.

bruh.png

We live in a reality where you can save a fair few quid if you have a disc tray on your console and the will to shop around.

Also to a lot of others; deals. I said deals. PSN+ deals almost always outclass random deals in physical stores. Especially when you factor in the potential for rewards too if you utilize the proper cards.

Especially in the US.

Edited by Alayaes

Im getting it with a disc reader even though I buy far more games digitally than physically. The inclusion of a 4K player is a huge factor for me as well. I don't ever stream movies because the quality isn't consistent for me, and it's often cheaper to buy a movie than to go see it in the theater, even at $24 or $30.

There are good arguments for the digital version, mostly just the hardware aspects. It should run even quieter with no drive, and has less things in it that can go wrong.