psn keeps signing me out!

bud121

for 3 days now my psn keeps signing me out half way through a game saying (error you have been disconnected from playstation network), i mainly play fighting games and after about 3 to 5 games this keeps happening, i have 95% connection and my laptop and iphone work great with no problems at all, can anyone help please! this is really pissing me off.

i reset my router and modem and reset my internet connection but im still getting disconnected ive had perfect connection for about 3 years now and this has just started, its not my ps3 because its only 3 month old super slim, does making a wired connection help?

ihi guy's anybody getting this error should try this disable the media server connection in your ps3 network setting's its the 5th option down at the bottom

It might not solve it completely but im 99% postive it will help look it up on google  ps3 media server connection

Its not your ps3 or your Internet, and no a wired connection is not going to make any difference. if all the rest of your wireless computers etc are fine. Make sure your PlayStation has the newest system update it should do automatically. and hopefully it will get fixed soon by PSN and you won't even know it happened. its Just a configuration problem between your PlayStation, PSN and the game you're playing.

Is this problem only in game or dose it do at like the PSN store?

Edited by StingRay7495

You're having IP Collision. Sometimes the router assigns the same IP to different devices on your home network which causes you to sign out(Or your laptop could be lagging even though the internet is fine). I would manually assign IP's to your comp and PS3. Look up static routing if you don't know how.

Its not your ps3 or your Internet, and no a wired connection is not going to make any difference. if all the rest of your wireless computers etc are fine. Make sure your PlayStation has the newest system update it should do automatically. and hopefully it will get fixed soon by PSN and you won't even know it happened. its Just a configuration problem between your PlayStation, PSN and the game you're playing.

Is this problem only in game or dose it do at like the PSN store?

yes, its only in game

do me a favor bud at least try disabling the media server connection seen as tho your online at the moment i have passed this tip on to hundreds of gamers over the years and 9/10 times it works let me know if it works

i disabled the media server but it didnt work

ah gutted mate its either a problem with your isp strict or moderate nat type or your router needs a full factory reset is your nat type 1 2 or 3 mate ?

is your playstation showing two dns number's or one on your  ps3 network setting's

my nat type it 2 and its showing 2 dns numbers

right do custom network setup leave every option as default or automatic on ps3 but write down the 1st dns number as it is now then for the dns option click manual then enter your 1st dns example 192.168.0.1 it varies for each provider then for the 2nd dns use 0.0.0.0  hopefully it might fix the issue and get you back to some happy gaming 

It sounds like your having whats called a dns conflict ps network doesn't run well with two dns number's 

Some isp's do this incase there 1st dns goes down in 90% of cases the secondary dns is never needed

Edited by andyb712
  • Like 1

yes, its only in game

Ok its a configuration issue. So there's nothing you can do about it really. You could try hard brooding your PS3. Just hold the button down on the PS3 tell it beeps and then let off. It will reset your theme but you can go put it back on. And maybe that will help. I know I had a lot of problems with tomb raider mp when it first came out. it was always crashing and signing me out of PSN. Now it has been out for a couple of months and plays with no problem. So you just have to wait and hopefully they'll get it fixed. And if you think it has something to do with you search the game in Google and see if other people are having this problem. And maybe there is a fix specific for the game your playing.

right do custom network setup leave every option as default or automatic on ps3 but write down the 1st dns number as it is now then for the dns option click manual then enter your 1st dns example 192.168.0.1 it varies for each provider then for the 2nd dns use 0.0.0.0  hopefully it might fix the issue and get you back to some happy gaming 

It sounds like your having whats called a dns conflict ps network doesn't run well with two dns number's 

Some isp's do this incase there 1st dns goes down in 90% of cases the secondary dns is never needed

ah i will try this tomorrow, big thanks

• 8 months later...

i reset my router and modem and reset my internet connection but im still getting disconnected ive had perfect connection for about 3 years now and this has just started, its not my ps3 because its only 3 month old super slim, does making a wired connection help?

No it does not im hardwired and it signs me out every 5 min so pissed

• 10 months later...

I had almost the exact same problem, what I did was every once in a while restart/unplug the power cable to your router. Then go to settings, network settings, media server connection and switch it to disable. Then turn of the auto sign in option for your account (do this by signing out click on signing in and press O, then uncheck the box that says sign in automatically) Then make sure you have a secondary DNS server (this helped my problem the most). Go to settings, network settings, Internet connection settings. Press custom, whatever type of connection you have wired or wireless, select your network, (enter the WPA key/password depending on if you have one) hit automatic for IP address setting, do not set for dhcp, hit manual for DNS setting, and for secondary DNS enter 4.2.2.2, for mutual automatic, do not use proxy server, enable UPnP, press X, the. Test connection. This should solve the problem, if not it's probably your routers fault or your internet provider.