Starfighter Assault Trophies - Tips

19 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

A tip I used for Multi-tasking was to play the Hero version of Starfighter Assult. It's 4v4 and just crashes your ship at the start and select fighter. I was able to get 25 kills fairly quickly once I switched to this tactic.

This is very useful. thank you very much.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2020 at 10:58 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

A tip I used for Multi-tasking was to play the Hero version of Starfighter Assult. It's 4v4 and just crashes your ship at the start and select fighter. I was able to get 25 kills fairly quickly once I switched to this tactic.

FOR REAL!?  Gonna try that later.  If it's legit and works it's an absolute fuck you to whoever made that trophy. ?

Edit: IT WORKS!!! already on 12.  Thanks dude. 

Edited by Fr_0zt

On 6/13/2020 at 2:58 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

It is even faster if you boost it with 7 other people. Two people can get 15 kills a game (Both get 3 kills each while trading rounds so that the match lasts 5 rounds). Switch to a new player once someone gets the trophy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

It is even faster if you boost it with 7 other people. Two people can get 15 kills a game (Both get 3 kills each while trading rounds so that the match lasts 5 rounds). Switch to a new player once someone gets the trophy.

While boosting do both parties stick together for a new match or will they have to match make again to get together to boost?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jpgelnette2 said:

While boosting do both parties stick together for a new match or will they have to match make again to get together to boost?

I can't quite remember with full squads as some people did leave early on, but I do remember having to quit games and change servers to get matched up with the same bunch of 6 or so boosters.

On 12/06/2020 at 3:58 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

My dumb ass can't work this out. Are you suggesting that once we have selected a hero ship we should suicide immediately? Or do we need to crash into the enemy for the kill to count?

2 hours ago, iNtErWhOoPeR said:

I've been playing the game for about a week now and this method will help me a lot but I'm having a small problem... I'm spending more time looking for games and for people to join then I am actually playing... 

Update: After posting that games came pretty quickly with a couple issues still but I managed to get the trophy in like 2 hours. 

On 12/06/2020 at 3:58 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Is the Hero version of Starfighter Assault Hero Starfighters?

On 6/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Thank you so much!

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 1

I'm having trouble using the Hero version of starfighter assault, a lot of people seem to be attempting this trophy using the above mentioned strategy, so in the beginning 2 or 3 players commit suicide and the match is very short as there are only a couple of hero ships left. I spend most of the time on loading screens, it is frustrating. I might just go back to the normal starfighter mode

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nrgjak said:

I'm having trouble using the Hero version of starfighter assault, a lot of people seem to be attempting this trophy using the above mentioned strategy, so in the beginning 2 or 3 players commit suicide and the match is very short as there are only a couple of hero ships left. I spend most of the time on loading screens, it is frustrating. I might just go back to the normal starfighter mode

Man I made 12/25 kills with the regular assault  and then I found out the Hero version and in few hours I unlocked it, it is faster according to me trying hero mode, in the regular mode you have to wait that other players unlock the hero ships and then you have to chase them between many other ships and you can die very quickly. moreover it is common that another player steal your kill at last second.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2020 at 0:17 PM, cristianosparrow said:

Man I made 12/25 kills with the regular assault  and then I found out the Hero version and in few hours I unlocked it, it is faster according to me trying hero mode, in the regular mode you have to wait that other players unlock the hero ships and then you have to chase them between many other ships and you can die very quickly. moreover it is common that another player steal your kill at last second.

Yes in the end I stuck to the hero starfighter mode during busy times and got it in 3 hours, still a pain of a trophy.

• 4 months later...

I hate the flying modes in most games, this is no exception. My advice, pick the ship class needed and just try to have fun without rushing trophys. They aren't easy and you'll only frustrate yourself

20 interceptor kill streaks is rough, Tie interceptors are wet tissues. I managed 3 different streaks in the clone wars era map, the V Wing is great and so is the Tri Drone, both deal alot of damage, both take a fair bit

Currently on 8/20 and to be fair it feels good when you see that killstreak message, just a ballache that assists and assisteds don't count

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 5:25 PM, Turbobuddah said:

I hate the flying modes in most games, this is no exception. My advice, pick the ship class needed and just try to have fun without rushing trophys. They aren't easy and you'll only frustrate yourself

Not stressing yourself out is definitely the key. I am not aiming to get there in a week, because I know these take a lot of time and a bit of luck. The killstreaks one was a pain. especially at lower levels, until I lucked out with a good map/ship, then I got like 7 in one match. Taking out objectives isn't so bad and can be done in an hour or two, depending on how committed you are. Just deal good damage to the targets and you'll get credit for it. The small enemy AI ships marked as objectives are a gold mine for this trophy. These are also good for the bomber challenge. They don't really even try to evade your torpedoes. I am currently at about 30/50 for the bomber, and kind of focusing on this trophy. Hero ships are a pain, but if you catch them with low health while they go after someone else, you are in luck. I am sitting at 4/25 right now. I did destroy two other hero ships and got so excited, but then I realized I was flying a bomber. D'uh! Make sure you keep your objective in mind. Looking forward to platinuming this one someday - definitely going to be my proudest, hardest earned plat so far.

Edit: Gotta say, I had no luck exploiting Hero Starfighter mode to get my hero ship kills. Lobbies are constantly empty, and when I get a chance to play, the match is over too fast for me to take advantage of it. By the time I crash and respawn, the match is over in like 10 seconds. Fingers crossed, I can figure this mode out, but so far it's been unhelpful.

Edited by papert0wng1rl

Got my first SA tough trophy today (the Interceptor one). It was surprisingly okay, considering I suck at flying simulators and multiplayer in general. This mode looks intimidating at first (the maps are very grandiose, a lot of people are surrounding you at the same time, etc.), but once you learn how to control your ship, it's really not that hard. It's really all about mastering the controls and being calm, there's no need to rush and be unnecessarily aggressive.

Now I'm trying to get the other ones (Bomber, Hero Ships and Objectives). Let's see how that goes. 

Edit: Got the objectives today. I'm currently 21/50 for the Bomber, and 2/25 for the Hero Ships. I'm focusing on the Bomber trophy right now, and then I want to give my full attention to Hero Ships. Yeah, these two suck ? because I feel like you need to get lucky on top of mastering the controls. You can play well, but if you get in a match with a bunch of assholes, you're not going to be able to get anything done. Also, I had no luck exploiting the Hero Starfighter mode due to empty lobbies. 

Edited by flugurnarrr

So... I just got my Multi-tasking trophy by exploiting the Hero Starfighters mode. Figured I provide some tips that I found helped me along the way.

For reference, I played the mode on Saturday early evening, and finally there were consistently enough people to build teams of four. There was some wait time involved, but nothing too bad - just a couple of minutes at a time. I started with 4/25 hero kills and it took me solid 3 hours of play to get the remainder. Considering how long it took me to get 4 in Starfighter Assault, it's not bad investment of time and effort. 

First, make sure that matches are long enough to pull this off. Don't bother with matches of 2 vs 2, as crashing yourself and re-spawning in a fighter will be sufficient for the opposing team to defeat your teammate and to end the match. Go for minimum of 3 players on each team. I've seen some players trying to farm hero kills like I did, but they were few in between. This ensured that the match lasted longer, as crashing yourself in the beginning basically leaves your team one man short, even if you re-spawn. It's great if your team is flying a Millennium Falcon or a Slave 1, because they have lots of health to hold off enemies until your rejoin them. Personally, I made sure to only pick the least popular hero ships in the pre-match, or I let my teammates pick first so I could grab whatever was left. It made no sense for me to occupy a popular ship someone might want to level up, if I was going to crash it anyway.

Second, get a feel for which ships are easier for you to kill. The guide says not to bother with Millennium Falcon or Slave 1, because they take forever to take down. I personally liked to hang on their tail and hit them with all I had. They are sluggish to maneuver, so it's easy to hit them with primary weapons and torpedoes. Timing is everything, because someone can indeed steal your kill. However, I found that not many people bothered with barraging these two ships, so I got them all to myself a lot. Be careful with Slave 1's seismic charge though. As for other heroes, I found Iden's, Yoda's, and Darth Maul's ships pretty easy. I had a hard time with Kylo Ren, Vader, and Luke, because they were too quick and healed themselves really easily. Of course, it depends on the pilot's experience. 

For those who are interested how powerful my ship was, I started with a level 19 fighter (got level 22 by the time I was done), and the star cards I used were Fighter Weapons Systems, Advanced Torpedoes, and Reinforced Hull, all upgraded to blue color. Tuned Lasers would have been better than Fighter Weapons, but I couldn't unlock it then.