Starfighter Assault Trophies - Tips

I didn't have much time to work on the trophies these past three days due to personal issues, but I did manage to play a few minutes per day. I have now 40/50 for the Bomber and 7/25 for the Hero Ships. I'm pretty confident that by the end of the week I'll be able to get these two trophies, they're more about patience than anything else. 

Oh, and I got 4 kills by exploiting the Hero Starfighters mode today. It's only hard when everyone in your team dies or, ironically, when everyone in your team is too good and the match ends in a matter of seconds. Other than that, it's really better to farm kills there than in Starfighter Assault since it's less chaotic. I did get a bit unlucky with my teams, otherwise I feel I'd be able to get more kills. I'm going to try it during this week and see how it goes. 

Edit: I got the bomber trophy on Monday, it was okay. Messed around with HvV for a bit for the Hero Ships, got two kills but then my luck ran out. All my matches end in like, 30 seconds and I can barely get to the ships. It's kind of annoying, but let's see how it goes. I'm currently working on reaching level 50, but I'm going to try to get more hero kills today or tomorrow. 

Edited by flugurnarrr

Update: I finally did it! I was kind of bored of flying so I put it off for a while, decided to get it done today. I started with 9/25 and went straight to Heroes vs. Villains. I got lucky and found stable matches, didn't spend much time waiting in the lobbies, played for a couple hours and got the trophy! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Tip for "The Bomber" trophy. A lot of the guides mention you should go for the AI ships, but they don't emphasize this enough. You should go EXCLUSIVELY for the AI ships.

It's incredibly easy for human players to dodge your torpedoes as they get a big warning indicator flashing on their screen. Trying to kill a human this way is mostly pointless. The AI however is not very good at dodging and killing them is much easier. AI ships start spawning a few minutes into the match and are easy to spot once you know how.

Once I realised this and started ignoring the other players, looking for AI ships only, the trophy went much quicker. Was easily getting 4 or 5 kills per match on the AI.

Regarding "Multi-tasking", I found this one very intimidating at first and it felt like I would never get it done. To start off with I suggest not worrying about the trophy so much; play the game normally and just concentrate on levelling up your Fighter ship class, as well as practicing your dogfighting. You really need some of the later skills cards to have a decent chance of taking down a hero ship. 

The good news is with practice and the right skill cards it's really not so bad. The first 10 kills felt like they took forever, but the last 15 went very quickly, I usually got 2 or 3 per match. The skill ceiling in this game is very low and it doesn't take long to get to where you need. I also started to really enjoy it, finally taking down a hero you have been stalking in a humble fighter ship for ages is the most satisfying feeling ?

Personally I didn't find the Heroes vs Villains method to be very useful and got nearly all my kills in regular Starfighter Assault. 

Regarding the Hero ships to look out for, the Millennium Falcon is usually the easiest to take down as it's a big slow target. Poe Dameron is the worst, he is completely OP, I suggest not bothering to go for him unless there are no other hero ships in play.