How difficult is this game?

milanbarca82

Having enjoyed SoR 4, I've been itching for more beat'em ups to play and I just found out about this old game.
How does it compare, in terms of completing it 100% (pity it doesn' have a plat) to SoR 4?  Any annoying trophies?

Edited by milanbarca82

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 7:50 AM, milanbarca82 said:

Having enjoyed SoR 4, I've been itching for more beat'em ups to play and I just found out about this old game.
How does it compare, in terms of completing it 100% (pity it doesn' have a plat) to SoR 4?  Any annoying trophies?

In terms of 100% the only real wild card is co-op. If you play the game enough or are just inherently good at side scroll games, then Single Dragon isn't really all that hard. Just stick with it and upgrade the tapes you find yourself using the most, your counter timing and range finding will get better and better no matter what so as long as you just keep playing (I see you platinumed Furi, so you're definitely someone who understands the previous sentence LOL).

Double Dragon will either be even easier than single player or twice as hard depending on what's available to you. Some people say they did it solo using 2 controllers which I can only imagine being a truly frustrating experience. But, if you are lucky to have someone available that can pick up the second controller and help, then it'll be cake because of the extra mp a second player adds to the pot (especially if you've maxed your tapes by that point).

I guess Pick a Winner! was also kind of a dick trophy, only because you have to grab it during specific sections then hold onto it until you get to the desired enemy (which includes bosses). If you miss it's pretty heartbreaking because you have to replay the entire section just to try again. With that in mind, Mecha Biker gave me the most trouble, you have to fight through an airlock sequence while keeping control of the pick, because if you drop it, it gets sucked out into space. Then when you fight him his attacks are basically just dashing across the screen and you have to time your throw perfectly or else it doesn't even register the hit on him.

Edited by Asmund89
  • Like 3

• 3 years later...