One shot one kill

Trial and error bro. It certainly took quite a few tries and it's frustrating but keep going at it. I say go to right behind the bumper cars, always look both sides as enemies will try to go around but only from the left, and lastly, try shooting the guys on the rope before they land. It'll still take a few tries but ultimately it worked for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtb345 said:

its all fucking stupid worst cod game ever

I’d hate to see you try to Plat World at War, aka CoD Grenade Simulator..

I based myself around the ferris wheel and picked them off. Took a couple of attempts but very doable. 

1 hour ago, dtb345 said:

How the hell did 10% of you platnium this game I will never beat this mission on veteran no matter what happens. The last section is annyoing not matter what I do i can't beat it blue car strat doesn't work,hiding in a popcorn stand thing doesn't work second you walk out of it you die, camping in the alley doesnt work its all fucking stupid worst cod game ever

Trust me, hiding in the popcorn stand/ticket booth DOES WORK 100% of the time. Make sure it's the leftmost one when facing the direction the enemies start coming in. Just stay prone in the corner near the door under the counter. No grenade will ever come near you. Don't exit until you reach the next checkpoint. Don't even pop out to kill enemies. When you're carrying Macmillan to the chopper, continuously strafe left to right, the enemies will miss most of their shots and you should make it to safety. Hope that helps!

Just now, CrimsonMercury said:

Trust me, hiding in the popcorn stand/ticket booth DOES WORK 100% of the time. Make sure it's the leftmost one when facing the direction the enemies start coming in. Just stay prone in the corner near the door under the counter. No grenade will ever come near you. Don't exit until you reach the next checkpoint. Don't even pop out to kill enemies. When you're carrying Macmillan to the chopper, continuously strafe left to right, the enemies will miss most of their shots and you should make it to safety. Hope that helps!

Dude having the plane arrive is easy but just its all rng if you don't die whille getting macmillan

3 minutes ago, dtb345 said:

Dude having the plane arrive is easy but just its all rng if you don't die whille getting macmillan

You were just complaining in the first post about the part before the plane arrives and now you're saying it's easy?

Anyway, the final section only lasts a few seconds and there's a checkpoint right at the start of it allowing you to retry instantly. Just strafe like I said and you'll be fine.

Edited by CrimsonMercury
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, CrimsonMercury said:

You were just complaining in the first post about the part before the plane arrives and now you're saying it's easy?

Anyway, the final section only lasts a few seconds and there's a checkpoint right at the start of it allowing you to retry instantly. Just strafe like I said and you'll be fine.

There's not a checkpoint when the ship arrives thats what makes the lvl hard

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It was pretty damn tough, that's for sure! Like a few people have mentioned, I hid in the booth closest to MacMillan, but I didn't rush out when the chopper landed. My first time picking up MacMillan, I was told the chopper was too low on fuel JUST AS I BOARDED. From then on I couldn't get a clean break from the booth to MacMillan for ages. Patience was definitely key 

• 4 months later...

Well there's a couple things to make it easier first if you run out where the one secret anLMG enemy is near there. Kill them and take the LMG with the rifle as back up. Next when place you explosive traps in different spots not necessarily where enemies will cross into then but where they will group together enough near by them. 3-4 enemies. Take position at the back of the map, towards the ferris wheel. There's two things you can do here hide behind your AI teammate where you drop them in the grass to use them as a meat shield. Or take position on the Ferris Wheel platform behind the bars to help deflext some enemy bullets.

Use your rifle to start and shoot and snipe as many that rush as you can. As they start to get in range to your explosives shoot the explosives to make them explode and kill people for maximum area damage.

If they get too close for the rifle switch to the LMG and shred them. All enemies should always be at the same height on the ground so it's as simple as holding R2 over the first head and then just moving left and right while controlling the vertical climb. When you know the helicopters are coming ditch the rifle for RPGs and blast them down. Alternatively you can use the primary guns to shoot the soldiers off the ropes to kill them from fall damage. (This will save you some rockets to use on the last wave when your Evac heli arrives.) Survive the waves, save your grenades for Evac heli, when it arrives and the NPC allies are out shooting the enemy AI tosses cook the first grenade for couple seconds then throw the rest after in single wide-ish area at the enemies infront of the heli ramp. This should kill he initial ones while making tre others run and scatter giving you my time to get on board.

When you get to the Evac heli part just try to run for chopper don't stand and fight. At that point the game will keep spawning more and more waves to make you either die or waste time and have the chopper leave you.

• 1 month later...

I tried the hiding in the corner across from the doors that hold the 2nd intel method.  Plant C4 and claymores before setting MacMillan down, then plant more C4 and claymores that you're given after setting him in his spot "behind the ferris wheel."  When the rescue plane is about 200m out, create as much chaos as you can:  blow the C4, then throw a grenade, then throw flashbangs as you run to the back to pick up MacMillan and take him to the plane.  It will take an unknown amount of tries as a good amount of skill but much more luck is needed.

For the life of me, I cant get platinum cuz I cant do the damn training course on FNG.  Best I've gotten was 18.75 AFTER the accuracy bonus. 

I did what jrod2510 said, with a few modifications:

1) Wait about 10 secs after the helicopter lands for your friends to start killing enemies.

2) Dont forget to put C4 near cars and on the path from the booth to mcmillan and only blow it after the helicopter landed and after they started killing. This is to ensure no enemy is alive by the time you leave the booth.

3) toss a flash before exiting, just for precaution

4) memorize McMillan position so you dont waste time looking for him.

5) after picking him, walk to the helicopter while alternating left and right.

6) throw flashbangs when inside helicopter to stun enemies.

I found this part waaay easier that the large room with boxes in No Fighting in the War Room

• 2 weeks later...

Also had an issue with this one, every time I picked up McMillan, got immediately shot. 

I hid in the booth to the far left, the one nearest to McMillan. After the heli landed, I peeked out and killed 3 AIs closest to me and who were standing between McMillan and the heli. After that, it was smooth sailing. Quickly pick him up (remember the position) and strafe left and right while running for your life. You will take A LOT of damage once you are half way through but you will not die, that is intentional. Once inside, open a beer and celebrate! 

• 7 months later...

I tried the recommendation of the video multiple times and wasn't able to do it.
Then I tried to hang around at the end of the Bumper cars and snipe from there. You have to watch out for enemies from the ferris wheel.
Came close to do it a few times but ultimately didn't work out as well.

What worked in the end (and I  was surprised that it  worked the first time): I hung around the spawn area at the end of the Pool building (don't walk into the back valley) and the only enemies that were around were spawning from the Building with the before closed door with the Intel inside. I then could run through the field to get MacMillan (or whatever his name is) and walk almost unscathed to the chopper.

ALSO: the veteran glitch still works to this dat

• 3 months later...
On 12/06/2020 at 3:00 PM, OTPYG said:

I’d hate to see you try to Plat World at War, aka CoD Grenade Simulator..

I based myself around the ferris wheel and picked them off. Took a couple of attempts but very doable. 

bro that gameeeeeeeeee looooooooooool the only way to be safe was to keep running, the moment you stopped, they would throw 5 grenades at you hahahahaa 

sorry for the late reply, but for anyone else, i hid bottom right, behind bumper cars, you claymore the field in general around cars so cars explode, and then you keep few around ferris wheel, and top right and bottom left of bumper car section, as you will be standing bheind the bottom right part of it. 

then croch when you need to stay hidden or prone to your health back. 

Key is to not let them get eitehr side of the bumper cars, keep your eye on the map at all times, and when u go prone for health, u shouldbe able to see under the bumper car section to see their feet and where they are running, so you know when they are rushing to either side of the bumper cars, this is important, tells you how long u have to reload and redeem health

Edited by spiritualmutant

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I love Seraphims ^ guides, he does a really nice job of narrating his way through MWr that's both entertaining and informative. I'd not seen his video of One Shot One Kill, till now, but have seen a few others for tips etc.

I prefer to camp at the two trees behind the dodgem cars, with claymore and C4 planted around the area.

There's still a lot of enemies around in that video, which i dont like the look of... i prefer an enemy free state of play when im trying to escape lol.

During my evac I don't think I took any hit damage at all.