Disintegration trophy thoughts

Loreic

Looks like a FPS so it's got some trophies related to accomplishing related stuff as well as some RPG elements and some trophies for those. The Challenges could be anything under the sun so their difficulty could vary wildly.

Also, looks like only one mission needs to be completed on what is probably the hardest setting (Outlaw) so this might be a game more people will be able to platinum given they don't need to do everything on the hardest level.

9 minutes ago, Loreic said:

What are your thoughts on Disintegration?

What are your thoughts on Disintegration?

• Like 1

I played the Alpha and Beta, and from my experience certain Grav Cycles were just pretty OP. Your squad that you commanded almost didn't matter when you could pretty much rip anything to shreds with your GC alone. With that said I don't know if the Campaign will be filled with some of the cheese worthy spots alot of the Multiplayer maps had. -- Alot of people rarely explored and didn't realize most maps had alternative paths, sniper spots, etc leading to an easier (or cheesier) time.

On 12.6.2020 at 8:59 PM, POEman553 said:

I'm surprised that the trophy names didn't include Fascination Street, Lullaby, Pictures of You, Plainsong, and the Platinum wasn't called "Best Album Ever."

Wrong album, but the Platinum could actually have been called "If only tonight we could sleep" :D

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 6:41 AM, Loreic said:

What are your thoughts on Disintegration?

It's not often a game leads me to go on a vulgar laden tirade, but this game does it.

Graphically, it's nice

Story is pieced together little by little, but is kindof meh.  Little bits of the background are given to you by the npcs on between levels 

Game handling and mechanics are pretty solid

Collectibles and challenges during the missions are bullshit.

/rant

1st level - blind run learning the game. Miss 1/4 salvage. No big deal, just replay the mission.

2nd level - still learning, missed 1/6 salvage.  Redo the level using the guide, still learning the difference between salvage and "high value" salvage. Annoying, but still no big deal.

3rd level - challenge is dont get hit by the blackout towers emp. Another challenge is kill enemies that glare affected by said emp.  ..... the enemies run for cover whenever an emp is coming, so the easiest way is to lure them into the open in a gunfight, usually resulting in both of you getting emp blasted, but still allowing you to kill them.  Ran the mission twice to do the challenges.

4th level - this one has a timed challenge. Time limit while searching for 20 salvage containers. Played once getting all the containers. Played second time to speed through the timed challenge. Had about 7 minutes leftover, might be enough time to get the salvage, but without a solid guide, it's cutting it a little close.

5th level - last 3 salvage containers are hidden in an outpost you're defending against enemy waves. Level ends abruptly after clearing last wave.  You basically have to search while fighting and getting shot at. Had to replay because I missed 1 of the last 3 containers not knowing the mission was going to just end like that.

/rant over 

6 more missions and I can delete this.  A shame too, because the gameplay is actually enjoyable, but having to redo each level so far kindof kills it.

• Like 1