The Last Of Us 2 Trophy List thoughts (Spoilers)

A collectathon and a bit of a grind it looks like. Assuming the two hidden trophies are Story-related, it's looking mostly likely an uncommon plat, maybe even common platinum. Just depends on how well-hidden or how difficult it is to get the collectibles (like ones hidden in a nest of clickers and such). Also, how grindy it is to upgrade fully.

We'll see how well this post ages in a few months. Haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Looks like a decent trophy list and apparently no difficulty / NG+ trophies. So you can cakewalk through it. I hope they don't have a difficulty harder than Survivor if they do a NG+ patch (which is likely).

They'll probably add Grounded difficulty like they did in the first one.  I wonder if they'll let you tweak individual difficulty options if they do a ng+ on the hardest difficulty trophy.  There are options you can tweak individually along with a standard difficulty option.

(If this is real . . .) So this is more disappointing than I imagined. There really are no type of difficulty trophies outside the annoyingly difficult task in finding collectibles, which there's too large of a focus on here.

The Last of Us 2 Trophy List

Hide contents

4. ⁠Master of Weapons - Improve all weapons to the maximum

5. ⁠Archivist - Find all the artifacts and journal entries

6. ⁠Complete Set - Find all the cards

7. ⁠Numismatist - Find all coins

8. ⁠Ready For The Worst - Find All The Benches

11. ⁠Burglary - Open all safes

13. ⁠Professional - Find all training manuals

The stupid and funny fact about these type trophies are that without a guide these task are actually harder to complete than beating the game on harder difficulties, so the "more accessibility factor" is non-existent for this list. 

Also . . . coins and cards. Yeah, having a really hard time believing these collectibles compliment the world-building in a compelling way. Looks like mostly pointless collectibles added to pad the game.

25. ⁠Relic of the Wise - Find the Weird Artifact

Wonder what this is, an artifact from the Jak series or Uncharted series or something else.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

(If this is real . . .) So this is more disappointing than I imagined. There really are no type of difficulty trophies outside the annoyingly difficult task in finding collectibles, which there's too large of a focus on here.

The stupid and funny fact about these type trophies are that without a guide these task are actually harder to complete than beating the game on harder difficulties, so the "more accessibility factor" is non-existent for this list. 

Also . . . coins and cards. Yeah, having a really hard time believing these collectibles compliment the world-building in a compelling way. Looks like mostly pointless collectibles added to pad the game.

Wonder what this is, an artifact from the Jak series or Uncharted series or something else.

Nothing is “added to pad the game” they all have meaning to the world of the game in some way. The weird artifact, Is most definitely from Uncharted or Jak, and I would think it’s the only thing that may not fit in the world, depending on what it is.

Does anyone know why are there some Brazilian expressions on some of these trophies, like "gambiarra" and "na mosca"? Sounds a bit out of place to me, unless there's something in the game involving Brazil I'm unaware of.

Edited by Eagle

4 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Does anyone know why are there some Brazilian expressions on some of these trophies, like "gambiarra" and "na mosca"? Sounds a bit out of place to me, unless there's something with Brazil I'm unaware of.

I think the list may have been translated from another language, hence why some of those weird Brazillian expressions exist on there... Dunno? 

20 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Nothing is “added to pad the game” they all have meaning to the world of the game in some way. 

You haven't played the game, so you don't know any of that. And collectibles having the slightest connection with a world doesn't magically prevent it from serving as padding. That's not how that works, and you twisted my point to make an argument.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 4