The Last Of Us 2 Trophy List thoughts (Spoilers)

20 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

crap list collect this find that. awful. No challenge just a bunch of collectibles. Nothing worse than having to follow a collectible guide for a game of the year.

As someone who also hates collectibles, I'd really like to see more games take the approach that Control did. It had most of them in plain sight, strewn about in nearly every room, and you only needed to grab less than half of them to earn the related trophy. No guide necessary.

11 hours ago, Carol said:

I was planning to make this platinum my 200th or my 10000th trophy, and, in fact, “Until There’s None Left” is a pretty good name for a milestone.

I like your thinking 

The list seems straight forward enough, nowadays even if there are lots of collectibles guides solve the issue of finding them all unless you’re really dedicated to figuring everything out on your own. Shame there’s no difficulty trophy, though. Personally I enjoy trying to complete a game on the hardest difficulty and getting that little reward after the effort 

• Like 1

Naughty Dog has never made a good trophy list. They need to outsource that job next time. 

No difficulty trophy is no big deal either way for me. 

Way too many collectibles, though, and if they're anything like the damn conversations in TLOU, ugh. 

At least I can just play the game my way the first time and then worry about collectibles on the second play as they've already said you can't fully upgrade your character in one playthrough. 

Would have preferred difficulty trophies to all these collectable ones to be honest. Survivor and Grounded in the first game were a tough but fair challenge.

I'm saving this plat for my 400th milestone so I'll do a blind playthrough when the game releases then do a second playthrough with all collectables when I'm ready to hit #400.

If the first game is any indication then two playthroughs will be needed to upgrade all the weapons anyway.

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Great list :) did not play first game cause of the mp trophies and list was not to my liking 

Highly recommend at least watching a full gameplay walkthrough if you do decide to play Part II so that you know what happened before :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, andresauce7 said:

People complaining about the stupid trophies? No one cares about the story of this amazing game?

i will go for the plat and i don’t give a f*** if the trophy list is easy af. I’m here for the story

Even if you are right, do you realize that you are in a trophy site forum? If there is a place to complain about a trophy list... is here.... Just saying.

• Like 3

Wow this looks pretty easy, judging solely on what I'm seeing it looks like it might be a 2/10 in terms of difficulty. It looks a bit like a collect-a-thon this time around but I don't really mind it. 

I'm still hesitant about getting this game though due to the mainly negative feelings I already have for the fan fiction-tier plot of the game based on the leaks I've seen. But critics are raving about it like it's the next best thing since sliced bread (except Skill-Up's review) so surely the game taken as a whole must be decent/good at least.

Screw it, I might give this game a shot, I can always return it if I do end up hating it lmao. ?

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 6/13/2020 at 5:23 PM, ScarecrowsFate said:

As someone who also hates collectibles, I'd really like to see more games take the approach that Control did. It had most of them in plain sight, strewn about in nearly every room, and you only needed to grab less than half of them to earn the related trophy. No guide necessary.

Yeah until the dlc where they were a complete pain to hunt down and you had to get all of them but I agree games where you only have to get a certain amount it's not so bad.  Collectibles unfortunately are just such a waste of time.  I literally find it hard to believe that people consider this content.  collectibles should hold some major significance to gameplay or story and be limited to a minimum.

Edited by steel6burgh

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

Yeah until the dlc where they were a complete pain to hunt down and you had to get all of them but I agree games where you only have to get a certain amount it's not so bad.  Collectibles unfortunately are just such a waste of time.  I literally find it hard to believe that people consider this content.  collectibles should hold some major significance to gameplay or story and be limited to a minimum.

I think this is true 99% of the time but with Last of Us, I think the collectibles add a lot to the world building(the diary notes, optional conversations, and even the safes in the first game had some story to it). It's going to be the same with part 2 but I am wondering if 300+ is overkill. Nevertheless, I am only going to use a guide on the 2nd play through to get the ones I missed

6 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

cSo you did not play a masterpiece game because of 2 trophies that arent even hard? Lel...

Yes, Did not play I know there not hard but as I said not to my liking. Plus I hate MP trophies should not be add on a game! Should be on a different listing! They learned this time around :)  PLus the dlc I want to 100% the game and all the dlc MP trophies was a big turn off

Edited by Titanomachy_75

12 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Yes, Did not play I know there not hard but as I said not to my liking. Plus I hate MP trophies should not be add on a game! Should be on a different listing! They learned this time around :)  PLus the dlc I want to 100% the game and all the dlc MP trophies was a big turn off

My two cents but you owe it to yourself to play the first one.  The multiplayer was a lot of fun in its own right and for the PS4 version, all trophies achievable by playing naturally (i.e. no inane requirements).

For this list, way too many collectibles.  The last thing you want to have to do is follow (multiple) guides for them all.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 10:43 PM, andresauce7 said:

People complaining about the stupid trophies? No one cares about the story of this amazing game?

i will go for the plat and i don’t give a f*** if the trophy list is easy af. I’m here for the story

How do you know it's an amazing game?  Have you played it yet?  Also, this is a trophy site, so people discussing the trophies for a game is literally what this site is for.

6 minutes ago, djb5f said:

My two cents but you owe it to yourself to play the first one.  The multiplayer was a lot of fun in its own right and for the PS4 version, all trophies achievable by playing naturally (i.e. no inane requirements).

For this list, way too many collectibles.  The last thing you want to have to do is follow (multiple) guides for them all.

If you check my games on my profile I kinda never play MP games hate them :) THats one reason why SONY is the best place to play the rich stories ... But I do want to play the game but Ever time I look at the trophy list I throw up LOL Its just a bad list way too many MP trophies for my taste I will skip this game sorry :)