[RESOLVED] All SIEE published games removed

dzstrpc

Noticed that all games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe have been removed from my Vita Download List.

If I go to the games store page on the vita, there's a shopping bag icon and a download button. So my account knows I own the games.

If I press the download button, the page refreshes but the download won't start.

All the games are there if I log in on PC Store, but remote download isn't working.

All games from other publishers are fine.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is it just me, or is it all EU accounts?

Here is a list of the games removed, that I can't access (It's a mix of Plus games and games I've purchased)

Spoiler

BigFest
CounterSpy
Doki-Doki Universe
Entwined
Escape Plan
Everybody's Golf
Freedom Wars
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Gravity Rush
HELLDIVERS
Hohokum
The Hungry Horde
Hustle Kings
Invizimals
The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Jak II: Renegade
Jak 3
Killzone Mercenary
Lemmings Touch
Little Deviants
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
MonsterBag
MotorStorm RC
Murasaki Baby
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Patapon 3
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale
PlayStation Vita Pets
Reality Fighters
Resistance: Burning Skies
RESOGUN
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Smart As
Soul Sacrifice
Sound Shapes
Tearaway
The Unfinished Swan
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13
When Vikings Attack!

Edited by DaivRules

Having the same issue. Looks like Sony messed something up. Can't imagine this is intentional.

Tried to download one of the games to my PS3 from the PS3 store so I could transfer it to my vita that way, but it doesn't even say I own it and wants me to buy it again. While it says I own it on the PC store, but any attempts to add to the download queue brings up an error.

Edited by Stevieboy

Yeah, I've actually seen this happen with some new game releases. You buy the game and it doesn't appear in your download list. The purchase option is replaced by the download option but that does nothing. They've previously fixed these things in a few days, but seeing as this is pretty much affecting their entire catalogue, it should hopefully be faster.

It seems like an issue where the storefront itself isn't properly connected to whatever service the game downloads are initiated from. The store knows you own the game as it would show in your purchase history as well as the download list on the website, but if you were to look at the download list from the console itself or click the actual download button, it would not locate the game to actually begin the download.

• Like 2

Opened PSDLE, had 8993 items before, have 8993 items now. However, i've tried to put Killzone Mercenary (Vita game, Italian Store) in the queue from the Store website, and it gives me an error message, saying that it wasn't possible to queue the game.

It's the 2018 issue all over again. I've already talked about it in the thread in my signature. So we have not one, not two, but THREE major issues with the Download queue right now, all at the same time:

- Being unable to queue PS3/Vita items (happened in 2018, happening again as of this week, although limited to one publisher)

- Being unable to queue PS4 items when the console is completely turned off (it was totally possible and that's how it worked on PS3/Vita) (happening since May 2020, not yet aknowledged by Sony)

- Being unable to queue bundles and multi-part/eposode games (happening since August 2019, not yet aknowledged by Sony)

And now there isn't even an official PlayStation forum where we could report the issue.

EDIT: you could add Puppeteer to that list, too.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

There seems to be some strange mix-up with "ownership" that might be causing the issue.

On the PC store it shows I own the games as they are displayed as "Purchased", but any attempts to send the games to the download queue results in an error. The games are still showing in my download list on the PC store.

On the Vita store it shows I own the games as the red shopping bag icon is displayed as well as the "Download" option, but any attempts to download the game results in nothing happening. The games are not showing in my download list on the Vita store.

On the PS3 store it doesn't show I own the games and it lets me add them to the cart and wants me to pay for them. The games are not showing in my download list on the PS3 store.

This is also affecting DLC, as I checked the Killzone Mercenary botzone DLC and the Gravity Rush DLCs and it was the same issue with those.

Edit: Just checked a couple of PS3 games and it's the same issue with those too, so this isn't exclusive to just Vita games. Seems all SIEE games are affected. Haven't checked if PS4 games are affected yet though.

Edited by Stevieboy
added info about PS3 games
  • Like 1

Wouldn't worry too much about this (other than in the general sense where you might as well worry about all digitally owned content). Seems to just be an error with the downloads not initiating for whatever reason on all the SIEE-published games. I'm 94.56% sure it has nothing to do with the system not knowing that you own the license to the games, just that the storefront isn't communicating with the service that's responsible for the downloads.

Like I said before, I've had this exact issue with several games before, although those were just recently released games so I assumed that was the reason the download wasn't properly connected to the game listing on the store. Took them a few days to fix the issue the previous times I've had it. Would expect this to get fixed by Monday/Tuesday.

Just now, IDiivil said:

I'm 94.56% sure it has nothing to do with the system not knowing that you own the license to the games, just that the storefront isn't communicating with the service that's responsible for the downloads.

The fact that it's not showing I own the games on the PS3 store and wants me to buy them again shows the PS3 store doesn't know I own the licence to the games. There is definitely some communication issues somewhere in the system that's causing the issue. I feel it isn't triggering the download because it can't confirm I own the game.

1 minute ago, jimbob12345678 said:

I recognize most of the games on the OPs list as PS+ games I've had over the years. Maybe it has something to do with Plus subs not being recognized?

It's affecting games and DLCs I've purchased so it's not exclusive to PS+ games.

Just now, Stevieboy said:

It's affecting games and DLCs I've purchased so it's not exclusive to PS+ games.

Ah. I thought maybe anything that's been on plus might be affected even if it's been purchased but the only DLC I recall being on Plus was one of the killzone 3 packs back in the real early days.

Just now, Stevieboy said:

The fact that it's not showing I own the games on the PS3 store and wants me to buy them again shows the PS3 store doesn't know I own the licence to the games. There is definitely some communication issues somewhere in the system that's causing the issue. I feel it isn't triggering the download because it can't confirm I own the game.

My guess is that it's just how the PS3 version of the store is dealing with the issue. I'd assume the download list on the browser version of the store would tell you that you already own the game. The Vita store would tell you that you do own the game as well, and give you the download button. But on the Vita you wouldn't see any of the games in the download list despite this.

The PS3 store is probably just pulling the info whether you own the game or not directly from the download list, and as such it's a bit confused.

Then again, even without issues like this, the system doesn't work flawlessly. There are a few games on PSN (such as Undertale or Oddworld New'n Tasty) that tell me I don't own the game and offer to let me buy them, despite the fact that I have the games in my download list able to be downloaded.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

My guess is that it's just how the PS3 version of the store is dealing with the issue. I'd assume the download list on the browser version of the store would tell you that you already own the game. The Vita store would tell you that you do own the game as well, and give you the download button. But on the Vita you wouldn't see any of the games in the download list despite this.

The PS3 store is probably just pulling the info whether you own the game or not directly from the download list, and as such it's a bit confused.

You could be right as that is pretty much what is happening, and as I described in a previous post.

Had a quick look and PS4 games don't seem to be affected by this, so it's just PS3 and Vita games/DLC.

Yeah, the PS3/Vita seem to use a different download service. If you look at your download list on either the PS3 or Vita, you should see both Vita/PS3 games available to download. The PS4 on the other hand is completely separate and you'll never see those games on the older systems. The PS4 doesn't even have a download list as it seems to use a different service to access content.

Then there's the browser download list, which seems to be more like a purchase list with links to the actual downloads as it also has the PS4 games listed.

Also based on what I'm seeing, this seems to be isolated specifically to games published by a single entity (SIEE). So you wouldn't see this issue on the affected games on any of the non-European storefronts, because there wouldn't be any games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe on any of those. This leads me to believe it's some kind of a database-related error linked to this one specific entity/entry, possibly caused during some changes they were making for whatever reason.

Edited by IDiivil