neobowler

neobowler's Dispute

16 posts in this topic

neobowler

Smart As
I have no idea how I am flagged. I started this game a couple years ago before the servers went down. If this is because of street view, I just played this game every week for a couple monthes to get the stars. It is still a legit way to get the trophies. I did nothing to glitch the game. This game literally took me monthes. I don't understand this.

For some reason I got flagged for this game. I started this game years ago and earlier this year picked it back up to finish it. I spent weeks getting stars every week in Street view since you could still do that if you had started it before servers were down. I did change the date on my Vita to speed up the unlocking of games all of that, which seems perfectly legal and even suggested in game guides. I have looked at other achievers who clearly did the same thing by time stamps and they haven't been flagged.

I'm really just confused by this and have never been flagged for a game before and did nothing wrong. Can anyone tell me why?

I mean seriously just look at the faster achievers. Took days for some people and years for me. I'm so pissed right now.

Posted (edited)

It looks to me like what probably got you flagged were the trophies Commuter, Explorer, and Globe Trotter, all of which you earned this year and are marked as unobtainable in the guide after the game's servers went down on May 31, 2016. However, going by this thread, it seems like as long as you started the game's Street Smart mode at all before the shutdown, the trophies will still be obtainable. You earned the trophy Day Tripper on May 19, 2016, and archive.org confirms you didn't do any cfw date-editing shenanigans to get that timestamp. I'm not on the CRT, but unless there's some other problem that I'm missing that got you flagged, I expect this one to be lifted.

Edited by Xylobe

These games can be disputed:

• Smart As  Reason: Some trophies are impossible to unlock because servers are down..

This is what it says. I hope it gets lifted because I only went back to the game when I found out that the platinum was still obtainable for me since I had played it before.

The street smart stars trophies are what is marked. I got no idea about this, neither had I anything to do with the flag.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The street smart stars trophies are what is marked. I got no idea about this, neither had I anything to do with the flag.

It seems the guide needs updated, because yes it's unobtainable if you had not started Street Smart before servers went down. However, they are obtainable if you have it just takes time and a slow method of getting them. If you look at the forums, others have done this same method and there is no cheating involved. It's just logging in and playing the StreetSmart games once a week.

Edited by neobowler

8 minutes ago, neobowler said:

How long until someone reviews this?

The CRT may be busy at the moment, someone will reply soon.

MMDE already looked at it, but you have to know something about the game for it to be reviewed. 

So what you're saying is since I have started Street Mode I can access it since I have played it before? That doesn't seem right... 

IIRC now if you try and access the servers, you get an error. 

18 minutes ago, Nitro said:

So what you're saying is since I have started Street Mode I can access it since I have played it before? That doesn't seem right... 

IIRC now if you try and access the servers, you get an error. 

if you press 'no' when it asks to connect to psn in game, it lets you do the street smart challenges for wherever you last connected from before the servers went down. i got globe trotter only a couple of weeks ago myself

Yes...what Harlequin-Girl said. You can only get a few stars a week, but since your Vita already has it downloaded it tallies the star totals even though in the game it will still say whatever you had when the servers went down. I logged on once a week for a couple monthes and played the challenges. I only discovered this method from others on here. Literally nothing shady about it.

1 hour ago, Berendsapje said:

MMDE already looked at it, but you have to know something about the game for it to be reviewed. 

So does that mean someone else will review it? I mean you can look at many many others who have gotten the trophies since the servers went down to realize they are still obtainable.

I lifted it, but maybe someone else got some input.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I lifted it, but maybe someone else got some input.

Thanks...I don't like being flagged, it's not like I'm ever going to be very high up on that leaderboard, but still like being recognized haha

No new info for a while. If you have something new you can pm CRT. Closing.