A note on the 'Perfect' trophy

Musashi1596

Just a quick heads up on something I found to my detriment. It appears that getting thrown by a Signal will invalidate the trophy, even if you don't take damage from it. Seems pretty stupid given that it won't even disrupt your combo, but there you go. At least, this was the only thing that happened to me, and I didn't get it.

Edited by Musashi1596

• 2 weeks later...

Nah. Restarting the level invalidates it I believe. I mean you had to do perfect coming from level select screen or playing continuously through the game and getting perfect at some point. So, If you get hit, restart and then manage to do perfect - it won't count for the trophy.

12 hours ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Nah. Restarting the level invalidates it I believe. I mean you had to do perfect coming from level select screen or playing continuously through the game and getting perfect at some point. So, If you get hit, restart and then manage to do perfect - it won't count for the trophy.

I am quite certain that this is not the case.

Well, I'm not 100%sure but from my experience that's exactly how I got it. Did it three times and it only worked at third attempt (the only one I didn't restart as I was starting to think there might be an issue with that). Also the last two attempts I played on Level 7 (Sky Train) which spawns a single Signal enemy along with a crowd of others you feel safer Special through and quick so I'm pretty sure I wasn't thrown at all. But as I'd said that's what I assummed through my own playthroughs so there's a chance that I'm wrong.

Edited by VegaMan-X4

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm now I got the trophy that you can both restart and end the level with green life. So feel free to spam your special button as much as you want.

And yeah, don't let anyone to grab you.

I suggest level 3 and Floyd for this. No signals there, short level, and arguably the easiest boss if you are good with crowd control.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 9:20 AM, Ekir said:

I suggest level 3 and Floyd for this. No signals there, short level, and arguably the easiest boss if you are good with crowd control.

Fire a couple Rakushin Cannons (Floyd's star move)  immediately at the start of that boss battle to get rid of the two Super Galsias. After that, keep Nora away from the other Galsias that come out... if she powers them up when you're trying for Perfect, that's a problem.

I recommend against going for it on stage 2. The Commisioner is a real handful when he goes Super Saiyan at 50% life and Barney comes out to back him up (at least on Hard mode, I haven't done S2 on easy).