Persona 4 Golden is out now on Steam!

Venocide

Played it on Vita already, but might get it on Steam. Nice that they included trading cards too! The digital deluxe edition is pretty good value, only 5 € more for a digital artbook and soundtrack.

Edit: Oh, and finally I can play the game with Japanese audio!

Edited by Eyjabria

What an incredibly fair price - Atlus could have just as easily charged twice and it would still sell like hotcakes.

Take note that the game originally released on June 14th 2012 (in Japan); I presume Sony signed an eight year exclusivity clause (odd number but okay), and Atlus couldn't wait a minute longer with bringing the game to other platforms. A shame in a way, as the Vita has now lost its strongest exclusive, but at least many more people can now enjoy this terrific title.

1 hour ago, Golem25 said:

What an incredibly fair price - Atlus could have just as easily charged twice and it would still sell like hotcakes.

Take note that the game originally released on June 14th 2012 (in Japan); I presume Sony signed an eight year exclusivity clause (odd number but okay), and Atlus couldn't wait a minute longer with bringing the game to other platforms. A shame in a way, as the Vita has now lost its strongest exclusive, but at least many more people can now enjoy this terrific title.

Sony has never really had a problem with PC releases considering they own stock in numerous PC businesses and part manufacturers. It's only other consoles that they would take issue with because that's direct competition. From what I hear, Persona is a special case for Atlus and Sony since Persona uses things that fall under the Sony domain.

1 hour ago, Golem25 said:

Why do you assume it was a deal from Sony? Maybe Atlus just didn't want to port many of their games to PC at the time? 

From the way they used to explain it, they wanted Persona on Playstation and SMT(main) on Nintendo. All their call and can change at any time.

1 minute ago, Zenpai said:

Namely?

This is hearsay on my part, but apparently some media that Atlus uses for the Persona series is owned by Sony. It's part of the reason why ports on other consoles outside of spinoffs is unlikely.

On 14.6.2020 at 6:38 PM, ShadowReplicant said:

Fastest 25 € I've ever spent. I really hope this gets a physical release on PS4 (preferably a nice Collector's Edition, come on Japan), but this will certainly do for now.

On 13.6.2020 at 10:04 PM, TJ_Solo said:

Why do you assume it was a deal from Sony? Maybe Atlus just didn't want to port many of their games to PC at the time? 

From the way they used to explain it, they wanted Persona on Playstation and SMT(main) on Nintendo. All their call and can change at any time.

This is just a guess but the main reason they never released Persona/SMT on pc is probably because they were scared of piracy. They attacked the team of RPCS3 because of the same reason. I guess that after the success of Catherine and the massive success of P4G we are going to see a lot more atlus games ported and released on the pc platform.
Now i just hope that they also decide to bring older games like DDS or golden to the Playstation 4/5

Just now, xDerErnst said:

This is just a guess but the main reason they never released Persona/SMT on pc is probably because they were scared of piracy. They attacked the team of RPCS3 because of the same reason. I guess that after the success of Catherine and the massive success of P4G we are going to see a lot more atlus games ported and released on the pc platform.
Now i just hope that they also decide to bring older games like DDS or golden to the Playstation 4/5

Persona 1 is on pc

5 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

But people can piracy P4G on PC now? 

P4G is still uncracked on PC because of Denuvo and the reason they released P4G instead of a game like P5R is probably to test if the pc market would even be profitable, which it clearly is (30.000 players after launch)

Edited by xDerErnst