Digital PS4 games on PS5?

LoveInHell

Im not even bothered about if they play in "boost" mode etc. I just want to play them.

And from what i've read for the most part i will be able to. All good. 

Sony must be aware that backlogs exist. However uncommon they are (i mean in general terms ie. Casual gamers. I know a lot of people on psnprofiles have 30+....+ backlogs?). Nothing against casuals mind. 

Im just glad this is a pro-consumer move rather than a profit driven move. 

Edited by punkshepherd
Lizard people
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 5:46 PM, DemonicDraco said:

If its only gonna be 100 games i dunno why sony is bothering.. is it really that hard to just make the ps5 play ps4 games? 

Based on what Cerny said in the presentation made for GDC, that number is for games that will run with enhanced functionality on the PS5.  Nearly all games should run as they run on the PS4 just fine when playing on PS5.  As for me, I will be only buying the physical edition.  I have no interest in being locked to the PSN digital store.

The top 100 PS4 titles will get a boosted mode which means that they will run at a higher resolution/better fps. I'm pretty sure Cerny said that all 4,000+ PS4 games should be playable on PS5.

Edited by Sacritino
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

Op was saying he's pre-ordering the console. Are you policing the thread for going slightly off topic (when I am asking a valid question)?

To answer this question: yes. 

To respond to your original question, since now I understand where it’s from and not completely off topic: some shops will allow you to pre-order something without knowing what the item will actually cost. They will treat any money you give them like a deposit and track it. Once the details are available, people who pre-order can either keep their pre-order and then they know how much else to charge or they cancel their pre-order and get a refund.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...