SoraxTidus

platinum still obtain without online pass?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a question about SSX. Can the platinum trophy still obtainable without online pass? In the trophy guide from playstationtrophies.org, there something that I mentioned which says: An online pass is not required to play online, but is required to gain SSX Credits for online play, and platinum will not be achievable without it. Also, when you check at Playstation Store, the option to add to cart was no more as well. I was just wondering that if the platinum will be still obtainable.

There is no more online pass. The game is free to play online. EA discontinued online passes and retroactively lifted them from older games. The trophy guide and roadmap is outdated in this regard. Fortunately, the badge requiring 50,000 participants in a single event now automatically unlocks upon starting the relevant game mode. You will still need to add friends so you can break their records and rack up their failed attempts at breaking yours.

I don’t know how long the RiderNet will remain active, so get cracking. Fortunately, you DON’T have to win the Death Zone race against Griff for the Platinum. Good luck with the Cold Deadly Descent without solar panels 🤞.

Can you gain all trophies without having to play together with someone as well? Or is that also a requirement?

Considering going for a platinum trophy here but not sure if I want to go through all the online stuff...

@EqualityEarth That is good to know, thank you for all the details.

@WaxWeazle I should start the game soon and I'm looking for people to add to have fun playing alongside each others, though I am against boosting so it has to be the legit way. It's all about chill and having fun. Feel free to add me if you are interested. :)

anyone know which trophies require 'online' cant tell from just reading the description

57 minutes ago, BrownKiidd said:

anyone know which trophies require 'online' cant tell from just reading the description

Ive recently got the Platinum in this game and it was awesome fun, enjoyed it loads. Everything in Explore and Global Event has a tie to the online due to the badges. Basically you will have to set a ghost on pretty much every track, have a friend play it and either lose to it or beat it and then you have to beat that time of theirs back. You can literally do all of the online stuff with 1 other friend or a sock account you have. Be patient and have fun!

PS the guide on PST is pretty poor imo so if you have an questions i can try answer them as i still have all my paperwork and notes about it and its pretty fresh in my head.