Death Stranding is Certainly Memorable.

SanguinousRex

What really sucks is that your buildings break down after a while and not having an unlimited amount to build.

If you could only spam the map full with those ziplines and not being worried they break down..

I remember I was almost done getting the platinum and the last few hours some ziplines in the mountains broke down for me that just sucked so bad :/

Edited by Deluziion90

Its certainly one of my games of the generation. No one makes games quite like Kojima does. The platinum is a grind, the only advice I can offer from my time with it is to build up all of the roads as soon as possible. Once all of your roads are built be sure to focus on zip line circuits, especially in the mountains. If you utilise peaks as much as possible you'll have a much easier time.

• Like 2

I quite enjoyed the game. Sometimes basic is best, just walking to deliver stuff was peaceful. I DID want to platinum this. Maybe one day I will. It was the Premium Delivery and the craft every item that put me off. I don't recall a check list of what you have already crafted... So that sucks.

But the game was definitely memorable and unique. Typical Kojima fashion. I doubt it would get a sequel, almost doesn't need it, but I'd like to see more from this world.

i have a feeling he's partnering with Capcom for Pragmata (2022). That game just looks like it has Kojima written all over it.

My goal was to plat the 7 "big" PS4 Exclusives that they hyped hard; Spiderman (done), Horizon (done), Days Gone (done), Death Stranding, TLoU2, and Ghost of Tsushima.

On 14/6/2020 at 4:22 AM, Deluziion90 said:

What really sucks is that your buildings break down after a while and not having an unlimited amount to build.

If you could only spam the map full with those ziplines and not being worried they break down..

I remember I was almost done getting the platinum and the last few hours some ziplines in the mountains broke down for me that just sucked so bad :/

If you are lucky enough to get players that put strategic ziplines that will show in your map and you add your own, the final deliveries towards the platinum are basically Zip-Line Simulator lol 

• Like 2

On 14/6/2020 at 2:19 AM, SanguinousRex said:

"Is Death Stranding one of the best games you've ever played?"

yeah, of course. I'm still praising how they managed to make the multiplayer features something that helps you along your journey instead of giving you hard times like most games do.

• Like 1

So this for me was great at 1st and then it tuned it to shit in the end.  I do consider it throughs the story to be very good and memorable.  However, the post game grind was horrendous.  to top it all off dragging my ass back through the entire map every place just about I had been before to get the collectibles.  As of the day before I went on my collectible run every single zip line in my network around the map was functioning.  Go to get the collectibles and no fewer than 10 zip lines mostly other players I used mine to connect to were down.  It was like day one again walking through the snow.  Lol

My thing about this game is it's fun setting up that network the 1st time but once shit starts going bad who the hell wants to go through it again.  Playing the game was fun through the story but going for platinum I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to go through it.  It was miserable towards the end.  Also How does anybody platinum this game in a day?  I'm curious to how it is possible??????????  Speed run death stranding in 24 hours.  I spent a lot of ten hour days over the past several weeks.  Probably had well over 100 hrs.

• Like 1

I loved the game and it was my clear GOTY. But I get it when you mentioned the burn out part... I thought of platinum it because I keep on thinking of its brilliance, but I gave up back then because I needed more.. well "simpler" games for a while. Maybe one day I go back at it and play it all over again.

Death Stranding is very special and deserves recognition, but it is something else and requires will to pick up and play. 

It might be the weirder 10/10 I have ever played.

bmg_ps.png

Edited by bmg_ps
  • Like 1

On 21/06/2020 at 5:41 AM, LegacyJKO09 said:

I quite enjoyed the game. Sometimes basic is best, just walking to deliver stuff was peaceful. I DID want to platinum this. Maybe one day I will. It was the Premium Delivery and the craft every item that put me off. I don't recall a check list of what you have already crafted... So that sucks.

But the game was definitely memorable and unique. Typical Kojima fashion. I doubt it would get a sequel, almost doesn't need it, but I'd like to see more from this world.

i have a feeling he's partnering with Capcom for Pragmata (2022). That game just looks like it has Kojima written all over it.

My goal was to plat the 7 "big" PS4 Exclusives that they hyped hard; Spiderman (done), Horizon (done), Days Gone (done), Death Stranding, TLoU2, and Ghost of Tsushima.

When you go to craft an item there should be a little checkbox that will be ticked if you have made that item before. Go to the Terminal > Fabricate Equipment > select the item and in the description on the bottom left there will be a checkbox. It will be ticked if you have made it before. Hope that helps!

And that's a nice goal to have! You should probably add God of War in there though. I've done Spidey, Horizon, Death Stranding, and God of War. Currently playing TLOU2 and have Ghost pre-ordered. I'll have to come back for Days Gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeachyJacobs said:

When you go to craft an item there should be a little checkbox that will be ticked if you have made that item before. Go to the Terminal > Fabricate Equipment > select the item and in the description on the bottom left there will be a checkbox. It will be ticked if you have made it before. Hope that helps!

And that's a nice goal to have! You should probably add God of War in there though. I've done Spidey, Horizon, Death Stranding, and God of War. Currently playing TLOU2 and have Ghost pre-ordered. I'll have to come back for Days Gone.

i have God of War done :)

Death Stranding is easily in my all time top 10. I wish It had a more classic "gameplay" so more people could enjoy it. I remember I was 20 hours into game, still clueless and feeling so frustrated. But I'm glad I kept on keeping on... the magic happened and it was a beautiful experience. Almost all characters had very touching background stories and the ending blew my mind.. didn't see it coming at all!! And the world simply left me haunted. 

I'm done with the game now but I have some bridges and ziplines with 2k+ likes, so I login to keep them working for other porters! 

• 1 month later...

Easily a top 10 game of the 2010s for me — there’s just nothing else like it on a big-budget AAA game scale. It knows what it wants to do from a gameplay and narrative perspective and does exactly that; nothing feels compromised. Totally not for everyone but we need more of that from high-budget games (helps when you have a legend like Kojima to market it though). If only the world was full of Sam Porter Bridges. 

Plat itself is an immense grind, reminds me a lot of Red Dead 2 in that none of it is particularly difficult in terms of skill, but it’s still kind of a difficult plat because you gotta push yourself to keep going. (I’m still not done myself.) Kinda works with the message of the game in that way! Took about 100 ziplines to essentially get me from one point on the map to another from any location, but once you do that and pave all the roads, everything becomes quicker. I have about 250k likes and it feels good to know I’ve helped a good chunk of strangers get by a little easier.

Edited by JD-D2

• 3 months later...

I'm 3-4 months removed from the game, I got the Plat and all and it never felt like a chore. I still think back about the time I spent with the game and try to look for similar games but nothing really fits the bill. It is a unique game from the mind of someone who's not afraid to experiment and test boundaries.

• 2 weeks later...

274 hours I poured into this game, always fun travelling by Zipline (got 2 over doctor Hartman’s hotspring, so I can jump off directly into his pool) and keeping tabs of the likes on my bridges/safe houses. 

Barely played it lately but a few of my stuff have gone up by 1000s. Also things don’t seem to be degrading as fast as it used to. (Could be me or that I’m not playing it as much).

Anyway definitely a good game, also it’s a game where you have to sneak particularly before end game where as in most other games it’s quicker to stop sneaking and directly take out the opponents.

I can’t really say too much else as everyone else has pretty much nailed how well this game stood out if the walking simulator aspect doesn’t deter you.

Regardless it was definitely my best 2019 Christmas present, money well spent, even though I didn’t spend it ?.

Edited by DOG-MAGE
Typo, I typed funny instead of fun
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The game definitely is memorable but I got bored after like 20 hours and it wasn't even the middle of it. So I'd say it's one of those games ruined by open-world. If it were more local and more event packed along your numerous boring deliveries it would be great. But it is what it is - boring delivery simulator. Won't even try to get the platinum not worth it at all.

Still the story and the lore are awesome.

On 3-1-2021 at 9:54 AM, Beast_1985 said:

The game definitely is memorable but I got bored after like 20 hours and it wasn't even the middle of it. So I'd say it's one of those games ruined by open-world. If it were more local and more event packed along your numerous boring deliveries it would be great. But it is what it is - boring delivery simulator. Won't even try to get the platinum not worth it at all.

Still the story and the lore are awesome.

This game needs a big open world to illustrate the isolation and the emptiness. Without it, the story wouldn’t make such an impact. 

I don’t think this game is ruined by open-world (I don’t think it’s ruined by anything, but that’s another discussion). 

• Like 3