FUT unfair matchmaking?

Pruttmakare

I've been trying to get into FUT to work towards the platinum, but every single opponent that I get matched with outrank me by at least fifteen points in every. single. aspect. Every player is ranked higher than my players, every team has every stat higher than my team. All of my players are dead tired by half time, and I always have at least two goals against me. It sucks having to force myself through game after game where I not only lose by at least five goals, but also not being able to even play the last twenty minutes because my players are so tired.

What's the deal?

• 1 month later...

The true problem is that FIFA 20 has plenty of "easy" challenge to do to get very good / high cards !

So anyone playing the game often can have a killer team with time.

On previous fifa, you needed a huge luck to get a great card in a pack ... or spend your life (or money ..) on the game to get coins and buy those players in the market !

On fifa 19, seeing an icon card in a team was not that often, even in rank 4 (for the division trophy)

With fifa 20 you have teams with 3 or 4 icons cards even on div 9 .. and where the worst player is Neymar regular card -_-

Edited by seblegamer
  • Like 1

Same here,

I have played and plat every FIFA (less the 19) and I start this few days ago. I recognize that I'm not a good player, but is ridiculous play rivals mode, all the time I play against teams with 90+ of average (and more colours thant the rainbow), when I only have a 4 players with 83 (gold) and the rest is between 75-80. And I find people than it's not good, but with these high players they cand do everything and its impossible to win. I'm in DIV 7 and probably I'll leave the game 2-3 months (until fifa 21 arrives). Probably, my last FIFA, I'm very disagree with the matchmaking of this year.

On previous FIFA, the machtmaking was more accurate, and you can only see great players cars on highs divisions, but If in version, If I see god teams in division 7, I don't wanna know what we can see in div2-3

4 hours ago, Halycarnaso said:

Same here,

I have played and plat every FIFA (less the 19) and I start this few days ago. I recognize that I'm not a good player, but is ridiculous play rivals mode, all the time I play against teams with 90+ of average (and more colours thant the rainbow), when I only have a 4 players with 83 (gold) and the rest is between 75-80. And I find people than it's not good, but with these high players they cand do everything and its impossible to win. I'm in DIV 7 and probably I'll leave the game 2-3 months (until fifa 21 arrives). Probably, my last FIFA, I'm very disagree with the matchmaking of this year.

On previous FIFA, the machtmaking was more accurate, and you can only see great players cars on highs divisions, but If in version, If I see god teams in division 7, I don't wanna know what we can see in div2-3

So...I don't want to sound rude but if you just started a few days ago, why do you expect to have top level players? Most of the people you are playing are hardcore players at this point, a lot of the casuals have dropped off and are waiting for the new game. It is totally common for almost every single person to have a stacked team at this stage of the game.

I'd say keep going and try to get some of the objective players that are available right now and do some of the advanced SBCs, you'll get good packs from those to build your team. Player prices are really low right now and you should be able to have a great team with only 1-2 weeks of grinding.

Rivals is a bit of a mess this year with people relegating themselves from higher divisions in order to get objectives done easier.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tocco1897 said:

So...I don't want to sound rude but if you just started a few days ago, why do you expect to have top level players? Most of the people you are playing are hardcore players at this point, a lot of the casuals have dropped off and are waiting for the new game. It is totally common for almost every single person to have a stacked team at this stage of the game.

I'd say keep going and try to get some of the objective players that are available right now and do some of the advanced SBCs, you'll get good packs from those to build your team. Player prices are really low right now and you should be able to have a great team with only 1-2 weeks of grinding.

Rivals is a bit of a mess this year with people relegating themselves from higher divisions in order to get objectives done easier.

Don't worry, I understood your post, but my post refers to the horrible matchmaking. I don't want to try to beat anyone with 500 matches or a great team. My disagreement comes when always find this people and don't match with people with a team average similar to mine. And we are speaking about FIFA, a game with a lot of players everyday, it's not a random game with only the pro players in online mode.

In anycase, thanks for the tips, I'll try it!

21 hours ago, Halycarnaso said:

Don't worry, I understood your post, but my post refers to the horrible matchmaking. I don't want to try to beat anyone with 500 matches or a great team. My disagreement comes when always find this people and don't match with people with a team average similar to mine. And we are speaking about FIFA, a game with a lot of players everyday, it's not a random game with only the pro players in online mode.

You're right though, if we have a bunch of people complaining about imbalanced matchmaking then it's an issue that affects more than a minority. I've quit or lost my first 11 matches in FUT, and even though it occasionally seems like some of the games are up for grabs, it sucks to start each game with a disadvantage having a 77 rated team go against a 90+. I don't believe everyone whose playing FUT has stacked teams, because some people are just starting like myself... it's more of a likelihood we're being fed against people as a fodder team.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:18 PM, Halycarnaso said:

Makes sense, I understand what you're saying, it would be nice if it would match you based on your team rating, the only problem is they'd have to fix the bronze benching people do because it's easy to lower your rating with some low 48 rated players. 

Good luck, if you have any other questions let me know.

I think the problem is that the fut mode is a concept, which lasts for a year. After that the game is basically dead.

Starting out now is like joining a race, which is already half way done. I really got into fut like march and was grinding 3 months to get a team, so i could get into division 4 for the trophy. Ofcourse you can win with a 77 team against a 93 team, but your chanches are very low.

Also the matchmaking doesnt really care about your team, its more about the division your in and as already mentioned ppl get down in rankings to do tasks more easily.

But dont expect from a complitly pay-to-win-mode that you can join in at the end and have no problems at all. You dont even need a certain amount of skill to get a 93 rated card, some of them doesnt even play that good to be honest.

At the end I understand your frustration, but that is just the way it is in fifa. It sucks every year, everyone is complaining but we will never see changes what so ever.

I play 15 matches on Rivals, and all are losses. All the teams with average90-95 and 95-100 of chemistry. All the losses are like 0-9, 1-13, etc. (when I lose 3-0 at min 20 I give away pushing the x button to cash few coins at the end of the match). The problem is that I only can get players on gold premium packs (7'5k coins), but always get "bad" players (78-82 average). In ten years playing FIFA and 7-8 playing FUT, this is the first time that I really don't know what can I do :(

PS: I try to get advanced SBCs, it's not hard but needs like 11 players that get 84, and I only have one xD

Having a 90+ team a this time of the game is not really hard to achieve and having a chemistry of 100 is the first goal anyway. Does not depend on the rating, just to handle it clever.

By trading I now have a 97 team, but I have no chance in Rivals, because of all this high skilled players, playing in the lowest divisions.

So now I just let run the game via Remote Play and an autokey app, pressing x, to achieve the 2000 points, because this will be the first trophy getting unachievable.

After the release of FIFA 21, all this ****oles, will be gone and I can try the division 4 trophy.

But after that one, EA can **** themself.

On 03/08/2020 at 5:46 PM, seblegamer said:

The true problem is that FIFA 20 has plenty of "easy" challenge to do to get very good / high cards !

So anyone playing the game often can have a killer team with time.

On previous fifa, you needed a huge luck to get a great card in a pack ... or spend your life (or money ..) on the game to get coins and buy those players in the market !

On fifa 19, seeing an icon card in a team was not that often, even in rank 4 (for the division trophy)

With fifa 20 you have teams with 3 or 4 icons cards even on div 9 .. and where the worst player is Neymar regular card -_-

you are right. I am playing since May, and I build a 95-star team. the problem is that I am terrible in the game, I am on div 8, but I am still doing challenges and some SBC to improve my team.

I hope to have better luck to rank-up when EA release Fifa 21, honestly...

The matchmaking is not unfair, as you get matched with people with similar Skill Rating, not similar team overall. The problem is that it doesn't also necessarily means they have the same Skill Level, because with the introduction of Icon Swaps in FIFA 20, people started relegating themselves to below Division 4 to avoid the hassle of playing with an unbalanced team in higher divisions, and finish the objetives faster. This stayed relevant throughout the year as players were released through the Milestones, and also required a lot of objetives to be completed to unlock them. 

During Summer Heat (the FUTTIES replacement this year) we also saw a bunch of high rated cards being released in objetives, and requiring a lot of matches to unlock them (Ferland Mendy, for example), so the players kept utilizing the relegation method. At this moment in time, there are no cards in objetives besides the milestones there were released a long time ago, and since we are almost at the end of the cycle, even if some cards get released during the current promo (Pre-Season), it won't drag much of the playerbase back. 

The best time to get this trophy was at the beginning of Summer Heat, as a lot of casuals returned, and you also had the chance to get a lot of high rated players through objetive packs. The second best time would be now, because once the cycle ends and FIFA 21 gets released, only the players passionate about 20 will remain, and it will be more difficult. If you have a bad team, try to do the Advanced SBC's and you will you surely profit. If you already have done that, i suggest trying the Sulamericana/Libertadores method, which you can start doing with about 15K coins, and not only you will profit a lot of times, you will also receive a 88-90 OVR player at the end that you can use on the Player SBC's and improve your team. You can learn about the method through Nepenthez's video, method which got easier since the introduction of the Sulamericana/Libertadores filter on the Transfer Market.