Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition "UPDATE" ?????

Hey guys! I bought Guacamelee for PS Vita back in 2013 and won the platinum, now I'm seeing on my Pstore a product with the name "Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition Update PS4" at only 3.99€ which is an epic price but I wanted to know if this "update" will give me the PS4 trophy list?? 

Just asking because I would be pissed if I bought this and I can't win trophies on it.. It says in the description of the product (EU PStore by the way) that this is an update for the PS3/VITA players that bought the game before but I want to make sure before I make some mistake.. Has anyone bought this? 

(I'm really sorry if this question sounds obvious or stupid but I seriously don't wanna spend money for nothing.. I'd be so thankful if anyone could help)

Thank you for your time. 

fresquinho.png

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

So if I buy this upgrade I'll get the full game right? Thank you so much, 3.99€ is such a good price, much better than having to pay like 13.99€ or whatever the real price is! 

Awesome that DrinkBox Studios gave us this alternative to older players of their game.. ? I LOVE GUACAMELEE!! 

Thank you one more time. 

Edited by fresquinho

7 minutes ago, fresquinho said:

So if I buy this upgrade I'll get the full game right? Thank you so much, 3.99€ is such a good price, much better than having to pay like 13.99€ or whatever the real price is! 

Awesome that DrinkBox Studios gave us this to older players of their game.. 1f60d.png I LOVE GUACAMELEE!! 

Thank you one more time. 

I actually deleted my comment as I'm not 100% sure now. I'd be fairly certain it would give you the PS4 version of the game which has that trophy list.

I can't say for 100% certain as I got the PS4 version free with PS+. I'd probably be at least 95% certain though :P 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2020 at 5:21 PM, Stevieboy said:

I actually deleted my comment as I'm not 100% sure now. I'd be fairly certain it would give you the PS4 version of the game which has that trophy list.

I can't say for 100% certain as I got the PS4 version free with PS+. I'd probably be at least 95% certain though :P 

Oh.. So please if anyone is sure about this please reply to this post thank you =D  

fresquinho.png

Edited by fresquinho

Dive back into the world of Guacamelee! with the Super Turbo Championship Edition (STCE) - complete with expanded abilities, additional levels, a new boss character and enhanced graphics.

This upgrade, available only to owners of the original PlayStation®3 system and/or PlayStation®Vita system versions of Guacamelee!, gives returning players full access to the new Super Turbo Championship Edition at a discounted price.

This is just another way to buy the STCE-- the only version of the game on PS4. It's the same as buying it standalone, but with a permanent discount and only available to owners of the original Vita/PS3 release. Stevie's original comment was correct.

Yes, the upgrade gets you the PS4 version of the game. The upgrade is only available to purchase if you own the PS3/Vita version of the game. If you aren't an owner, then you need to purchase the standalone version of STCE.

I think you still have to purchase the Frenemies DLC. I thought there used to be complete edition that included that, but I may be wrong. If there is full bundle edition, it may be cheaper to buy that than to buy the upgrade and DLC separately.

On 14/06/2020 at 6:01 PM, Xylobe said:

This is just another way to buy the STCE-- the only version of the game on PS4. It's the same as buying it standalone, but with a permanent discount and only available to owners of the original Vita/PS3 release. Stevie's original comment was correct.

On 14/06/2020 at 6:28 PM, diskdocx said:

Yes, the upgrade gets you the PS4 version of the game. The upgrade is only available to purchase if you own the PS3/Vita version of the game. If you aren't an owner, then you need to purchase the standalone version of STCE.

I think you still have to purchase the Frenemies DLC. I thought there used to be complete edition that included that, but I may be wrong. If there is full bundle edition, it may be cheaper to buy that than to buy the upgrade and DLC separately.

I really want to thank you both for the final replies, I purchased this "update" and yes I can confirm to everyone that it gives the full PS4 game with the trophies of course but not the Frenemies DLC unfortunately.. THANK YOU! I will now be impantiently waiting for Guacamelee 2 to go on sale, I heard the full game with all DLC was like 5€ or 6€ before in some previous PStore discounts... 

fresquinho.png

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 1