[Tut w/ video] - Pedal to the Metal

Dylan-Mehl

Just managed to finish the track in under 7 minutes (with a controller!). I have a video on Youtube with the my assists and car settings.

Video of my personal record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FFHfJ1Ou8A&t=332s (06m 58s)

Track settings

Spoiler

Go to Time Trial and select Scotland. Then select the track Newhouse Bridge. Time Trial will allow you to enable Ghosts from the global leaderboards.

• Daytime/Clear and Dry weather conditions.

How to approach

Spoiler
  • Tune your Subaru Impreza S4 Rally with the settings below.
  • Select the Soft tires from the Service Area.
  • Go to the leaderboards and select 3 Ghost-users which are all 7 minutes or a little bit under that mark. Follow their path and racing lines. Don't focus to much on them if you go for your serious attempts because doing so will most likely gonna get you brake to late in turns.
  • Learn the track and memorize where all the tricky 2' and 3' turns are.

• There are some rocks inside of turns, which you'll bump into quite often. Memorize their location so you can avoid them.

• Prepare yourself to getting angry and frustrated. This might take days for you to complete, the track itself is not that difficult. The hardest part is being consistent for 7 minutes long and not screwing up once.

Car settings

Below are all the settings I am using in the video. You can tweak it as much as you like for yourself. Also note that I did this on a controller and not on a steering wheel. But the settings can be applied for both occasions.

Spoiler

« Alignments »

• (Front) Toe Angle: -0.20 
  • (Front) Camber Angle: -1.75
  • (Rear) Toe Angle (0.00)
  • (Rear) Camber Angle (-1.63)

« Brakes »

• Braking Force: 3,216.00 N-m
  • Brake Bias: 66%

« Differential »

• (Front) Viscous Differential: 24 kgf-m/100rpm
  • (Centre) Viscous Differential: 22 kgf-m/100rpm
  • (Rear) Viscous Differential: 24 kgf-m/100rpm

« Gearing »

• 1st Gear: 0.311
  • 2nd Gear: 0.431
  • 3rd Gear: 0.597
  • 4th Gear: 0.790
  • 5th Gear: 1.001
  • 6th Gear: 1.247
  • Final Drive: 0.235

« Damping »

• (Front) Slow Bump: +2.00
  • (Front) Fast Bump: +4.00
  • (Front) Bump Zone Division: 0.96
  • (Front) Slow Rebound: +3.00
  • (Rear) Slow Bump: +2.00
  • (Rear) Fast Bump: +4.00
  • (Rear) Bump Zone Division: 0.96 mps
  • (Rear) Slow Rebound: +3.00

« Springs »

• (Front) Ride Height: 30.00 mm
  • (Front) Spring Rate: 103.41 N/mm
  • (Front) Anti-Roll Bar: 14.00 N/mm
  • (Rear) Ride Height: 30.00 mm
  • (Rear) Sprint Rate: 84.14 N/mm
  • (Rear) Anti-Roll Bar: 32.31 N/mm

Controller and assists settings

Spoiler
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Clutch Override: Off
  • Auto Repairs: Off
  • Anti-Lock Braking System: Off
  • Automatic Windscreen Wipers: On
  • Exterior Cameras: On
  • Launch Control: Off
  • Stability Control: 4
  • Traction Control: Off
  • Time Control Braking: 5
  • Camera Shake: Center alignment
  • Co Driver Calls: Just slightly right from the center
  • Co Driver End Stage Audio: On
  • Resume Countdown: Off
  • Ghost Visible: On
  • Entire HUD: On
  • Button Prompts: On
  • Co Driver Calls: On
  • Progress Bar: On
  • Proximity Arrows: On
  • Timing: On

Goodluck with managing this track and getting the trophy or achievement. My first few tries (if I managed to even finish the track before restarting) I got something among the lines of 7 minutes and 50 seconds. After 150 - 200 attempts and learning the whole track I managed to do it in 06 minutes and 58 seconds. You will gain seconds over time.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

Great run. Are you using a steering wheel or a controller?

Steering wheel, at first I was a bit scared because I kept doing ~7:30 every time, but mainly because I never had a clean run. Then I started to memorize the track and optimize the corners, and there you have it :D

I have a big issue with this game (and same for first Dirt Rally game), i have a g29 wheel, i use it to play all others racing games like gran turismo sport, or even older dirt games

But for some reason i cant play this game with my wheel, it's like i dont feel anything with it between my hand, the wheel barely have any force, and its impossible to drive with it.

Maybe i have to change some setup for it to work well with this game (not my strong point to spend hours trying to find a good setup ^^' I usually play with default setup)

And so with this game i just have to play with the dualshock =\

Anyone have this problem ? And maybe found some good setup for the wheel to share ? ?

Edited by seblegamer

12 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

I have a big issue with this game (and same for first Dirt Rally game), i have a g29 wheel, i use it to play all others racing games like gran turismo sport, or even older dirt games

But for some reason i cant play this game with my wheel, it's like i dont feel anything with it between my hand, the wheel barely have any force, and its impossible to drive with it.

Maybe i have to change some setup for it to work well with this game (not my strong point to spend hours trying to find a good setup ^^' I usually play with default setup)

And so with this game i just have to play with the dualshock =\

Anyone have this problem ? And maybe found some good setup for the wheel to share ?

My video (see topic) contains in the description a whole setup of my verhicle tuning and as well device tuning. My settings are compactible for Controller and Steering wheel. I, myself am actually playing this game with the Dualshock Controller which makes it a lot harder.

Since a while I am trying to get the Flat Out trophy. I notice that for some particular races it is a lot easier to use Manual Gear (which I had to learn myself the past few days because I have never done that on a controller before). You have a lot more control of the car when using Manual Gear as you can slow the car down just on lowering the gear in corners and go faster out of the corner with Gear '1 or '2.

Settings can do a lot in this game but I did decent with the default settings. (Also note, some tracks or verhicles are weird. Sometimes when I crash a little bit I just can't get the car straight anymore and I just restart the game because I can't make a U-turn).

15 minutes ago, shary96 said:

Steering wheel, at first I was a bit scared because I kept doing ~7:30 every time, but mainly because I never had a clean run. Then I started to memorize the track and optimize the corners, and there you have it :D

Memorizing each corner gives you so much of an advantage. Can definitly make a 60 seconds difference. I am playing the game with the controller which gives me some limits regarding steering so I don't think I can manage a record below 6:55.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl