Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2: Grand Prix announced

"Revealed exclusively during [Thursday's] IGN Expo, the game will include 30 playable racers from the Nickelodeon stable, including JoJo Siwa, SpongeBob SquarePants, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Korra, Invader Zim, Hey Arnold!, the Rugrats crew and more.

The game will feature 28 tracks (both new and remade), a suite of other Nick characters appearing as pit crew, and customisable karts will feature parts inspired by Nick shows.

With four-player split-screen, or eight-player online co-op and a lot of slime, it's billed as a bigger, better version of 2018's first game in the series."

Release Date: October 2020

Source: IGN

Edited by EcoShifter
(Edit was a test for another thread.)

Some of the best parts about this installment so far is the increased roster size/new characters—especially Danny Phantom, Aang AND Korra (the first two of which I was upset at the first installment for not having), Catdog and more—and the inclusion of online play. If they've added voice-over for the characters this time around, this can be a great game.

Though, I did notice a slight downgrade to the total participants, from 10 to 8. May'be that was done for online balance.

It's nice to see them adding more shows as that was something I felt the first game did an awful job at doing. I see Ren & Stimpy which makes me happy! As long as Rocko is there too then I'm sound :) 

One thing I did like about the first game though was the tracks, as I felt they did capture their shows well for the most part. Now if they had proper voice acting then I would seriously consider getting this at/near launch.

31 minutes ago, MadEdders95 said:

It's nice to see them adding more shows as that was something I felt the first game did an awful job at doing. I see Ren & Stimpy which makes me happy! As long as Rocko is there too then I'm sound :) 

One thing I did like about the first game though was the tracks, as I felt they did capture their shows well for the most part. Now if they had proper voice acting then I would seriously consider getting this at/near launch.

At certain spots in the trailer, you can spot Rocko and Heffer.

• Like 1

Now this is what the first game should have been. I also see aang in a screenshot as well so i guess both last airbender and korra will get representation in this as well. Though honestly im surprised they would even put ren and stimpy in the game after all the sexual assult accusations the creator went through and the fact that there was a rumor going around that they will never use the ip again after the flop that was adult party cartoon(and john k himself being kind of a nutcase doesn't help either).

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...not sure about this one. I'm 34, so my idea of Nickelodeon was the good old days in the early/mid 90's, before Sponge Bob came around and everything changed. I remember liking the idea of the first game, but heard it was rather pitiful. I'll wait to hear what people say about this one...having a new, good, Kart racer on PlayStation is a must...so if this game is at least fun, I might think about it from a sale. 

• 2 years later...