Gaming By Numbers 2020 (Event Ended, Badges Dispersed)

I have completed 2 more games The Last of Us Part 2 and Life is Strange 2. Next on the list is Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

0 The Last of Us Part 2 (10960) :platinum: 

1 Shadow of the Tomb Raider (8161)

2 Life is Strange 2 (8232) :platinum: 

3 Deponia Doomsday (8823) :platinum:

4 Thief PS4 (2454)

5 Lego Ninjago Movie: The Videogame (6675) :platinum:

6 Assassin’s Creed III Remastered (8906)

7 Trine: Enchanted Edition (3267)

8 Detroit Become Human (7678) :platinum:  (also 6000th trophy)

9 The Unfinished Swan (3029)

5/10 completed games

• Like 4

On 8/28/2020 at 10:25 AM, jasondm300 said:

Almost there, just have a few more numbers to do:

0 - Code: Realize - Future Blessings (6880)

1 -

2 - Infamous: Festival of Blood (1132)

3 -

4 -

5 - Steam Tactics NA Vita (11205)

6 - Nurse Love Syndrome NA (8636)

7 - Rayman Origins Vita (1317)

8 - Pic-A-Pix Pieces NA Vita (8618)

9 - Final Fantasy X- 2 (2359)

Keep it going. Also, I'm curious about festival of blood. Is it an independent story or is it one where you should have played the other infamous games beforehand?

On 8/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, Yen-Pop said:

0. S35d268.png Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry PS4 (24401f4af.png

1. Sb479c4.png Hidden Through Time (10391:platinum:

2S9e09bf.png Assassin's Creed Unity (3072:platinum:

3. Se1bcfd.png Deponia Doomsday (8823:platinum:

4. S4074ab.png Knights and Bikes (94540%

5. Scc76f5.png Lego Ninjago Movie: The Videogame (6675:platinum:

6. S109561.png Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception PS3 (1126:platinum:

7. Se7d099.png The Swapper (26671f4af.png

8. S38d959.pngUncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 (188:platinum:

9. Sa6e535.png SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (10789:platinum:

And then there was one!

Knights and Bikes looks fun. Definitely in my game wishlist. Im forcing myself to catch up on existing backlog and only adding one game a month for now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Herr Hieb said:

Knights and Bikes looks fun. Definitely in my game wishlist. Im forcing myself to catch up on existing backlog and only adding one game a month for now.

I'm excited about it! I've had my eye on it for awhile, and it had been awhile since I'd splurged on anything so I jumped on it when it went on sale!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Its a bit odd as I feel like I wasted a whole bunch of time getting these two LEGO games completed yet at the same time it feels like Ive accomplished something. I forgot just how much fetch grind these games throw at you and am happy to have them both completed. Likely I will add more LEGO games to my profile as I do enjoy them but not for a good while.. :lol:

Only a recommendation:

If you can just avoid LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. This game has the most boring grind of all LEGO games I ever played. Played this game for last years GBN and I was bored to death. The amount of gold bricks is just abysmal. Maybe this is also the reason why I avoid playing LEGO Super Villains because it is based on LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2`s engine. So I think that it also has the same abysmal count of gold bricks. 

Wish you all the best for this event!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 7:01 PM, Herr Hieb said:

Keep it going. Also, I'm curious about festival of blood. Is it an independent story or is it one where you should have played the other infamous games beforehand?

Infamous was ok.  7/10.  I have never beaten the mainline games but I have finished this and first light.  I like the concept, but open world games like this and Assassin's creed are not my favorite.  I liked this one as the world is pretty small and it only took about 6 hours of playtime to 100%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geridian said:

Only a recommendation:

If you can just avoid LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. This game has the most boring grind of all LEGO games I ever played. Played this game for last years GBN and I was bored to death. The amount of gold bricks is just abysmal. Maybe this is also the reason why I avoid playing LEGO Super Villains because it is based on LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2`s engine. So I think that it also has the same abysmal count of gold bricks. 

Appreciate the comments @Geridian!

I have played LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (first one) before and hated the races so was likely going to skip Marvel Super Heroes 2. Both The Hobbit and Star Wars had crazy amounts of bricks to collect as well. The Hobbit had to through in materials to collect on top of that which added another layer of annoyance. :lol: Star Wars kept me more entertained at least and the grind didnt feel nearly as much of a battle.

2 hours ago, Geridian said:

Only a recommendation:

I just finished the first LEGO Marvel Super Heroes and it was overall pretty boring to grind out everything. Part of the problem was that there was no real point to try collecting anything until you have beaten the story, as you'll be missing abilities that allow you to get collectibles. You then end up rushing through the story mode for like 10 hours, then just collecting stuff for 30 hours at the end. You can pick up a few things here or there after you unlock new abilities, but don't go back to the levels again until you have all the abilities/mini figs required. I usually liked trying to split the time between collecting and going through the story in games.

Does anyone know if the LEGO Avengers game is just as bad? I got the LEGO Marvel games in a 3 pack.

On 1.9.2020 at 9:59 PM, Grotz99 said:

Does anyone know if the LEGO Avengers game is just as bad? I got the LEGO Marvel games in a 3 pack.

Me and my girlfriend played and did 100% complete this game and all DLCs in 2016.

We had fun with it and the grind was okay because you have more then one HUB world to collect your stuff. This game is divided in smaller HUB Worlds with an okay amount of collectibles. We did collect things from the HUB worlds only after the main story was finished (Imo this is always the best strategy because if you try to collect the collectibles when you lack some abilities you will only visit the same place more times then needed. Only do this for things like "Red Bricks" in LEGO games).

For the races on the ground you do not need a car, just use Quicksilver (since he is a speedster).

Also some of the story missions had funny elements. We were definitively not bored while we played that game.

==> But if anybody wants a recommendation for a LEGO game: Choose "LEGO Jurassic World" for the PS4.  

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also as I wrote yesterday I will play Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition [PS3] for number 9.

I began playing it yesterday and had only 1 hour time to play, but.. it is amazing!!!!!

It has everything that I liked in the first game and has also more of those things I liked: More anime material, anime style cut-ins into the HUD when something special happens, better gameplay, more "Frame Runners" (Frame = Mecha).. I do not know.. it is just well made. Maybe this is the game that the first part should have been.

Perhaps Kojima was ordered by Konami to complete the first part and had more time to finish part two? 

Also the ZoE games are the first Kojima games I played, maybe I will give the others a chance. Never played a MGS game before and have Death Stranding sitting in the backlog. I think I should change this asap. :)

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 2

0: Poi (6290) 31 Aug 2020

1: Soma (3901) 07 July 2020

2: My Name is Mayo (5532) 02 Sept 2020

3: House Flipper (10383) 23 July 2020

4: 

5:  Run Sackboy Run (3475) 05 July 2020

6: Uncanny Valley (5336) 08 July 2020

7: 

8: Tales From the Borderlands (3188) 09 Aug 2020

9:

Time is running short, and I cheesed this one in. Most of my 2's are longer titles I would not complete in time. I have three left to go now. Seasons Before Fall, Black Mirror and Citizens of Earth are all doable in the time left I think. 

• Like 2