Gaming By Numbers 2020 (Event Ended, Badges Dispersed)

30 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

That sucks. Didn't you had the same problem during last year event too, or was before that? 

Yeah, two years ago my laptop died during an event. This is the laptop I bought to replace that one, and something is wrong with the battery (and it's not an external battery that can just be replaced). With any luck, it'll be repaired sometime next week.

2 hours ago, eigen-space said:

something is wrong with the battery (and it's not an external battery that can just be replaced).

I know that e.g. some Lenovo Laptops have those internal batteries, but they are only used when the replaceable battery is running low or is not inserted. Then there is that CMOS battery which is needed for every computer to be able to remember the basic settings like time, date and such.

The internal one can be replaced in an hour, but the CMOS could be a nightmare (depends on the motherboard). I wish you luck that it can be fixed in time! 

0:

1: Demetrios (6431)

2: Life is Strange 2 (8232)

3: Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (3013)

4:

5: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (3865)

6: Assassin's Creed III Remastered (8906)

7: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (8207)

8: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (8208)

9: LEGO Jurassic World (3619)

Next game done. Two more games to complete this event and with the additional two weeks I should be able to complete it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Geridian said:

I know that e.g. some Lenovo Laptops have those internal batteries, but they are only used when the replaceable battery is running low or is not inserted. Then there is that CMOS battery which is needed for every computer to be able to remember the basic settings like time, date and such.

The internal one can be replaced in an hour, but the CMOS could be a nightmare (depends on the motherboard). I wish you luck that it can be fixed in time! 

Yeah, this one is a Lenovo, but it doesn't have an external battery I can replace myself. And the last time I opened up a laptop, it literally caught on fire.... so I'm leaving it to the professionals this time ?.

The last time they updated me, they said the motherboard looked OK and they're pretty sure it's just that internal battery. If you're saying it's really easy to replace, I'm not sure why they've had it in the shop almost an entire week ?

5 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Yeah, this one is a Lenovo, but it doesn't have an external battery I can replace myself. And the last time I opened up a laptop, it literally caught on fire.... so I'm leaving it to the professionals this time 1f602.png.

The last time they updated me, they said the motherboard looked OK and they're pretty sure it's just that internal battery. If you're saying it's really easy to replace, I'm not sure why they've had it in the shop almost an entire week 1f644.png

On 11/09/2020 at 4:25 AM, eigen-space said:

Yeah, two years ago my laptop died during an event. This is the laptop I bought to replace that one, and something is wrong with the battery (and it's not an external battery that can just be replaced). With any luck, it'll be repaired sometime next week.

Ok, that's some bad luck. 

Hopefully it's just that! 

0 - A Summer with the Shiba Inu

1 - Concept Destruction

5 - What Remains of Edith Finch

6 - Ratchet and Clank

7 - Crossovers by POWGI (NA)

8 - Bubsy Paws on Fire

9- Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom

This was an ok game. Better than I was expecting, though I wasn't expecting much. Glad I got it for cheap anyway. This will be my last game. I had some things this week come up that I had to budget for so I wasn't able or willing to justify buying more games just for this challenge. A 7/10 isn't too bad considering I pretty much gave up gaming for over a month because I never felt like playing anything. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2020 at 11:55 PM, eigen-space said:

Hey All! I'm going to extend this event until the end of the month. My laptop is being repaired right now and it sucks to make updates to the tracking spreadsheet on my phone... and I don't think it's fair to end the event when people can't accurately see where they're at.

So, here's an extra two weeks!

Oh, nice. I was about to ask for two quick games to complete my list, lol. Thanks for that!

--

My current progress:

0 - 36 fragments of midnight
1 - God of war II
2 - God of War
3 - Proteus

4 -

5 -
6 - Bard's Gold
7 - Antiquia Lost
8 - War Theatre
9 - Knack 2

• Like 3

Sorry to hear you have laptop problems but I'm glad I got another two weeks to finish my list.

0 - Robinson: The Journey

1 - inFamous Second Son

2 -

3 - Erica

4 - Hungry Shark World 

5 - Far Cry Primal

6 - Rick & Morty VR

7 - Trover Saves the Universe

8 - The Crew 2

9 - Saints Row The Third Remastered

Far Cry Primal is done, I really liked the game. 

Then I wanted to play Lego The Incredibles, but after the game was installed and updated my disc drive started to make weird noises. I started the game and got to the start game screen but then it was stuck. I cleaned the disc, rebuild database but I can't get past the start game screen. I can't see anything on the disc but it is only with this disc. 

I wanted my 20th plat a Lego because my 10th is also a Lego. So I'm really glad I got two more weeks to find something nice for my 20th plat.

• Like 3

0: Knee Deep (5800)

1: Demetrios (6431)

2: Life is Strange 2 (8232)

3: Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (3013)

4:

5: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (3865)

6: Assassin's Creed III Remastered (8906)

7: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (8207)

8: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (8208)

9: LEGO Jurassic World (3619)

I finished Knee Deep for my #0, which means only #4 left. I wanted to get the 0 for the special effect that number is. For my last game I'll use Oxenfree and thanks to the additional 2 weeks I have enought time left to finish that game.

@eigen-space The end timer still shows the old end time. Maybe you want to fix that?

• Like 2

0: Poi (6290) 31 Aug 2020

1: Soma (3901) 07 July 2020

2: My Name is Mayo (5532) 02 Sept 2020

3: House Flipper (10383) 23 July 2020

4: 

5:  Run Sackboy Run (3475) 05 July 2020

6: Uncanny Valley (5336) 08 July 2020

7: Black Mirror (6957) 17 Sept 2020

8: Tales From the Borderlands (3188) 09 Aug 2020

9:

Down to the last two, with a bit less than half a month left. Thank goodness for the extension. Black Mirror was just ok to me. it was very dated and clunky, as well as needed some polish in spots. but it is a good start for Fall season kickoff. 

• Like 3

After my 8th completion at 7th August, I started Fall Guys and lost my motivation to complete the last 2 games.
Thanks to the extension, I still have the chance to complete this challenge.

Yesterday I finished Harem Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku Datta for #7,
a really boring Visual Novel with 3 playthroughs (~45 minutes each) and not many choices to do.

#5 is still left to finish it.

0 [7980] FullBlast (EU, PS4) :platinum: (07-08-2020)
1 [6501] Life is Strange: Before the Storm :platinum: (14-07-2020)
2 [292] World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars :platinum: (04-07-2020)
3 [6453] Batman: The Enemy Within :platinum: (14-07-2020)
4 [1734] Chaos;Head らぶChu☆Chu! :platinum: (04-07-2020)
5 [7695] Old Man's Journey 0%
6 [5146] Batman (PS4) :platinum: (14-07-2020)
7 [2577] Harem Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku Datta
   (ハーレム天国だと思ったらヤンデレ地獄だった。) :platinum: (26-09-2020)

8 [908] Cars 2 :platinum: (25-07-2020)
9 [7279] Gravel :platinum: (18-07-2020)

Edited by microsamm
  • Like 3

I finished two more but I really don't feel like getting the other numbers done, as the only one I have for 5 is world at war and i barely started that one and the other two are closer to be done but are more like party games and rather play them with people at another time. So I got 7 of 10.

0. Here They Lie (PS4) (5400)

1. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS4) (3771)

2. Erica (NA) (PS4) (9512)

4. Driver San Francisco (PS3) (1024)

6. Yakuza 5 (NA) (PS3) (1746)

7. Infamous 2 (PS3) (887)

8. Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4) (5918)

• Like 3

0 [7980] FullBlast (EU, PS4) :platinum: (07-08-2020)
1 [6501] Life is Strange: Before the Storm :platinum: (14-07-2020)
2 [292] World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars :platinum: (04-07-2020)
3 [6453] Batman: The Enemy Within :platinum: (14-07-2020)
4 [1734] Chaos;Head らぶChu☆Chu! :platinum: (04-07-2020)
5 [7695] Old Man's Journey :platinum: (29-09-2020)
6 [5146] Batman (PS4) :platinum: (14-07-2020)
7 [2577] Harem Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku Datta
   (ハーレム天国だと思ったらヤンデレ地獄だった。) :platinum: (26-09-2020)
8 [908] Cars 2 :platinum: (25-07-2020)
9 [7279] Gravel :platinum: (18-07-2020)

Finished this event with Old Man's Journey, a short puzzle adventure with very good storytelling.

@eigen-space Thank you for this event and the extension!

• Like 4

@eigen-space Just noticed on the Google Sheet Resident Evil 2 is listed for my completions. I finished the DLC for it having already earned the platinum, so it sadly wouldn't count for this event. 

The only game I finished this month was Drive Girls at a #5, which I also already had filled in. Looks like I was one off for a badge. Next time I hope to have a better run. Thank you for hosting! I'm happy that Batman AK at least got done. Nice work to everyone that managed games 0-9, that's no easy feat. 

• Like 3

I actually completely forgot about this until this week so I had to shove something in to 6 especially during a busy week of work. So I chose to do...

0 - Pic-a-Pix Pieces [NA PS4] (8620) :platinum:

1 - Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen (10761) :platinum:

2 - Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug (4572) :platinum:

3 - Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus - The Awakening of Golden Jazz (8553) :platinum:

4 - Chaos;Child [NA Vita] (6874) :platinum:

5 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (8765) :platinum:

6 - Jack N' Jill DX [NA Vita] (8116) :platinum:

7 - Yakuza Kiwami 2 (8087) :platinum:

8 - Devious Dungeon 2 [NA Vita] (9098) :platinum:

9 - Fate/Extella Link (7749) :platinum:

Not the proudest completion of all, but I had a lot of good ones in this set at least. Thanks for the event @eigen-space.

• Like 3