Gaming By Numbers 2020 (Event Ended, Badges Dispersed)

On 9/18/2020 at 8:31 AM, kingofbattle8174 said:

0: Poi (6290) 31 Aug 2020

1: Soma (3901) 07 July 2020

2: My Name is Mayo (5532) 02 Sept 2020

3: House Flipper (10383) 23 July 2020

4: 

5:  Run Sackboy Run (3475) 05 July 2020

6: Uncanny Valley (5336) 08 July 2020

7: Black Mirror (6957) 17 Sept 2020

8: Tales From the Borderlands (3188) 09 Aug 2020

9:

Down to the last two, with a bit less than half a month left. Thank goodness for the extension. Black Mirror was just ok to me. it was very dated and clunky, as well as needed some polish in spots. but it is a good start for Fall season kickoff. 

Just got my # 4. Seasons after fall. (6144).One short of all ten but it was a fun ride. This completion came in just around the deadline, i hope it made the cutoff.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

@Spacey Dweeb helped out again while I was doing homework for 12 hours straight on Sunday ?

So check the spreadsheet for any incorrect labels. If you post about an error and I "heart" your post, it means that I fixed it.

That sounds bad :(

You missed one game from me (not surprised, because I only did the base list that is Episode 1, so the full list isn't 100% yet and the game doesn't have a plat). 

5 - King's Quest (3725) - Episode 1 and 2 completed, base list is just for Episode 1.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 3:32 PM, eigen-space said:

@Spacey Dweeb helped out again while I was doing homework for 12 hours straight on Sunday 1f62d.png

So check the spreadsheet for any incorrect labels. If you post about an error and I "heart" your post, it means that I fixed it.

My #8 is missing from the spreadsheet, which was Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for the PS3 (188), which I platinumed on August 19 ? thank you again for this awesome event, I always look forward to it! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SigmaCloud said:

My #0 in the spreadsheet should be Virtua Fighter 2 instead of The Force Unleashed.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is the right to count,
because the time of the base game completion / finished on platinum was at 30th August.
Virtua Fighter 2 was 100% at 2nd September.

6 hours ago, microsamm said:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is the right to count,
because the time of the base game completion / finished on platinum was at 30th August.
Virtua Fighter 2 was 100% at 2nd September.

August 30, 2009

I only went back recently to finally do the DLC.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Yeah, I'm kind of in hell right now. I don't have time to work on anything of substance.

It would be awesome if I had literately any free time between working 40 hours a week, spending 30-40 hours a week on school, taking care of my kid, and errands/chores that have to be done. Badges are literally the first thing on my list to do when I have any substantial amount of free time.... I hate leaving these things undone. Hopefully you won't have to wait this long, but I have two weeks break from school at Christmas so they'll absolutely be done by then. My classes are 8 weeks long and I'm coming up on the end of the most painful class I've ever taken, so maybe I'll have time mid-November once I'm in an "easier" class (pro-tip: don't take a grad-level stats class where you're expected to learn Probability, Univariate and Multivariate Distributions, Stochastic Processes, Monte Carlo Methods, Advanced Parameter Estimation, Multivariate Mean/Variance/Covariance Testing, and Discrimination+Principle Component Analysis... theory, applications, and R code... in 8 weeks 1f62d.png... completely open to offers of help with these topics too, could use a tutor 1f605.png).

I know the event ended last month and I wish I could get the badges to you quickly, but I'm barely keeping my head above water. Had I known school was going to eat away at my life so much, I would have ended the event in early August so that I would have had time to make badges.

But you will get them. I promise.

Unless grad school drives me to an early grave.

No worries, I completely understand. I am past the mid way point for this semester now but like this weekend I have two papers to start working on for two different English classes. Plus keeping up with my two other classes. I feel behind on keeping up with my own thread but do what I can. 

13 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

(pro-tip: don't take a grad-level stats class where you're expected to learn Probability, Univariate and Multivariate Distributions, Stochastic Processes, Monte Carlo Methods, Advanced Parameter Estimation, Multivariate Mean/Variance/Covariance Testing, and Discrimination+Principle Component Analysis... theory, applications, and R code... in 8 weeks 1f62d.png... completely open to offers of help with these topics too, could use a tutor 1f605.png.... @starcrunch061?).

Sorry - you've hit some of my weakest topics (which is unfortunate, as I've become a sort of financial math professor, requiring a lot more knowledge of this bullshit myself). 

Best of luck to you.

8 hours ago, eigen-space said:

But you will get them. I promise.

Unless grad school drives me to an early grave.

Oof, I feel bad for being impatient now. For someone that's applying to grad schools this year, this doesn't exactly inspire confidence, ahaha. Good luck though eigen, you're a tough cookie, and you can handle this! Hopefully you manage to get a break soon.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ZoutjeNL said:

@eigen-space Thanks a lot for these badges they look wonderfull! If it is not much of an issue I would love if the middle of mine would get filled in with colors (like the majority of the badges) I really like the hologram look. 

The colors/effects are based on the games that get completed. The hologram was for completing a game ending in 9. Did I miss a game you completed in the timeframe?

39 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

Huh, don't see mine. Is it possible you simply forgot to put mine here? I completed 10 games :hmm:

Sorry about that. I had yours uploaded but somehow skipped over it while posting.

6V5Prrd.jpg

• Like 1