Trophy thoughts?

I played on PC and it definetly worth with two big IF: IF you have a wheel to fully enjoy it and IF you are more into multiplayer racing (otherwise the career is nothing special and you end up doing a simple championship with no progression system)

90% of the list lulls you into thinking it will be fairly achievable, but then the driver category trophies... From https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/broadcasting-company.53788/

Driver categories. Everybody starts in the Bronze category; around 7000 TO points you will upgrade to Silver. This is something that should be obtainable for everyone, given enough dedication and practice. At around 8000 points, the Gold category is handed out. This should indicate a really good simracer, while the Platinum rank at 9000 TO points will be reserved for only a small number of the world's best simracers.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Brillica said:

90% of the list lulls you into thinking it will be fairly achievable, but then the driver category trophies... From https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/broadcasting-company.53788/

Just had a look. This part that i'll quote makes it seem like there's a ranked/competitive system you'd see in a game like Overwatch or Siege where you need to perform well at all times otherwise you'll go backwards in the rankings, though it may not always be against other human racers.

number between 0 and 9999 describing your performance, mileage and total completness as a racing driver.

The value works straight forward: Drive more, do better, number goes up. Unlock more ratings, number goes up. Once you reached your actual level, you will need to improve your driving to even improve it more.

Edited by Riszcky

13 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

What's with the "NB: very difficult to acquire" part of the Top 1% trophy?

They are letting you know you won't be able to do it straight away. Game requires dedication, a lot of hours and really good skill in sim racing. Without that you can say goodbye to the platinum. I'm wondering why devs are still putting such a stupid trophies in their games. I know trophy hunters are really narrow group of people, but still, if not those trophies I would gladly buy this game but now I won't and probably never will. My friends, who are also trophy hunters and love racing games won't even touch this. Why losing money in such a stupid way?

Edited by Patrickosan
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

They are letting you know you won't be able to do it straight away. Game requires dedication, a lot of hours and really good skill in sim racing. Without that you can say goodbye to the platinum. I'm wondering why devs are still putting such a stupid trophies in their games. I know trophy hunters are really narrow group of people, but still, if not those trophies I would gladly buy this game but now I won't and probably never will. My friends, who are also trophy hunters and love racing games won't even touch this. Why losing money in such a stupid way?

So you won't buy what will probably be a great racing game that you want to play because of a trophy? 

Just play it on another account. But you have unobtainables on your profile anyway so what does it matter? 

I know I won't be able to plat this but I'll still give it a go down the track. Looks like fun. 

Edited by adam1984123
  • Like 2

If the driver category is multiplayer based, then it should be easily boostable, as the ps4 community for Assetto Corsa is not as big as on PC.

I wonder if you can still cheat like on the original Assetto Corsa by disqualifying the AI racers.

The Knowledge trophy seems to implify some hotlaps, so there may be some potential for this game to be another difficult challenge.

The 1% trophy is still a mystery for me, but I think there will be a cheap and very boring way for it anyway; this plus a possible boost for the platinum category and maybe easy hotlaps can make this platinum trophy a 2% rarity at least due to the grind.

I doubt this will be harder than the previous game anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 6:57 AM, Patrickosan said:

Finally someone I agree with.