Getting the platinum solo?

Hey, 

I'm thinking about purchasing this game, since I try to platinum almost every single RE game, but the length and grind in the raid mode throws me off a little bit. Some people say that you need to play this in co-op, but since my tight schedule is kinda difficult to find someone, with the exception of the one mandatory trophy that only requires one specific task. My question is if it's possible to platinum this game solo, with the exception of the one trophy I mentioned before?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late response, hopefully this is still useful to you or someone:

Raid mode is definitely easier as co-op.  The enemies have the same health and damage regardless if you play solo or co op, so playing by yourself will be much more difficult because all the enemies are focused on you and you have to kill all of them yourself.

That being said the game is quite a bit of a grind so it is not necessary to do everything 100% together.  Once you have progressed to the point that you have decent gear and level, you can both grind XP solo in your spare time then get together to play through the hard parts (essentially the whole third difficulty is pretty damn tough)

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 9:04 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

Hey, 

I'm thinking about purchasing this game, since I try to platinum almost every single RE game, but the length and grind in the raid mode throws me off a little bit. Some people say that you need to play this in co-op, but since my tight schedule is kinda difficult to find someone, with the exception of the one mandatory trophy that only requires one specific task. My question is if it's possible to platinum this game solo, with the exception of the one trophy I mentioned before?

If you want to platinum this game I can help you, I need someone to do this game with and I can carry you through the early stages to make it less grindy 

• 4 months later...

this game requires one hell of a grind and it can't be done solo imo. the campaign is a straight forward affair and the hard difficulty is challenging in places but overall it's not so bad, the end boss in the campaign is a real bastard though, even with rocket launchers. But mostly the difficulty comes from raid mode.

you need tons of gold medals and s ranks and stuff and then you need to do the 2 final missions, and killing the end boss on hardest difficulty would require some serious help. there's some dedicated fans to the game who love playing and will carry you through i found them in communities, but all of the best items in the game require getting through the 2 final stages with s ranks and it's damn near impossible without an over-geared pro using exploits.

the final missions in raid are quite hard, punish mistakes in speedruns and you need the s ranks for theese items that automatically refil ammo. after those you have the 2 variations of ghost ship to do, and 2 trophies, the ghost ship is a massive cruise ship and it's f'kin loaded with enemies, the trophy description says you need to clear it, and i was never sure if it meant kill all the enemies (hundreds) or just clear the stage by killing the end boss. when i did it we cleared it all.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1