A fantastic Demoscene for the PS3!

Wade_VC

Linger In Shadows was created by a Polish group of artists, well versed in the underground ‘Demoscene’ in an attempt to show off digital art on the PlayStation 3.

To immediately dismiss Linger In Shadows as nothing more than a glamorous media player screen is a huge mistake. It is possible to let the sequences blend into one another when unlocked, but in order to achieve such a feat you will have to rely on your inquisitive gaming instincts.

I found this demoscene to be quite rich, complex and fulfilling...and like many demoscenes, it requires a lot of "thinking outside of the box" to truly enjoy. Unique however is the added ability to interact with and within the demoscene through the use of the SIXAXIS controller.

If you are expecting a "game", then you may want to reconsider Linger In Shadows. If you are looking for a fantastic interactive experience, you will really enjoy this treat. I found Linger In Shadows to be visually stunning, artistically fantastic and just a fun experience all around.

• 3 months later...

This may be a bit of a delayed response, but what is a "demoscene" exactly?

I could never explain it in a few words for those not familiar with such. Check here buddy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demoscene

Demoscene's are better known by the PC crowd, and unless I am mistaken, Linger in Shadows is the only Demoscene to appear on a console.

• 2 months later...

I just decided to pick the "game" up today because of the EZ trophies. I came into it understanding that it was not technically a game, but I have to admit I have no idea what I just experienced. I could not understand a bit of it, it was completely freaky and weird. Can someone please explain what I just witnessed????

• Like 3

• 9 years later...

Let me start by saying this is a really cool experience, even in 2022 when graphics have improved, it's a gem of it's time for sure.

I may just be lit, but Linger in the Shadows has trophy descriptions talking about various "demoscene" teams, and they've hidden their "emblems" throughout parts of the production. I think the name refers to the fact that demoscene talent isn't widely recognized by anyone, so their talent just "lingers in the shadows"