Have you ever been one of the first 50 achievers to earn a trophy?

Jake-TheGreat97

I play a lot of indie games, so I'll just list my 100%s and platinums.

Edited by Neocarleen
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 9:13 PM, Neocarleen said:

Do you know a way to check this other than by manual effort? I’ve always been interested in my “first” and “fastest” plats.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Do you know a way to check this other than by manual effort? I’ve always been interested in my “first” and “fastest” plats.

Go to your trophy log and order it my number of achievers. That will help you get an idea which trophies you should be high up on the first achievers list.

But beyond that, its all manual effort. You'll have to check every game's platinum club/100% club page to see where you're ranked.

• Like 1

I tend to wait at least a year before buying most games, so I'm hardly ever one of the first achievers. That being said, it's happened to me in a few games that don't have many owners to begin with.

• Zanki Zero - 10 trophies (9 of which still have under 50 achievers)
  • Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!! - 2 trophies
  • Jackbox 2 - 3 trophies

Proud to be the first platinum achiever for one of my favorite PS2 games Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland 

I guess when you play the game as a kid for many years you know the ins and outs and the trophies become quite easy. Hey, all I wanted was to be a first achiever for one game thats it and I'm glad its a childhood game! To me it's like winning an oscar lol 

Oh and I was first achiever for Prairie King for Stardew Valley

Yes, I love farming games! Now if they just release PSOne Harvest Moon Back to Nature on the PS4 with trophies be prepare for some competition by me haha ;) 

Edited by TheSleepyBeauty
  • Like 3

A lot of times because I do buy games at release.  Only going to cover plats for this since there are likely to be a lot for trophies in general.  All of these are also without me really trying beyond wanting the plat and buying the game around the time of release (or before 50 people got the plat in some cases, a few of these still have under 50 achievers).  A few I'm proud of doing though because I did it without the trophy guides that exist now and make these much easier.

1. 11th achiever for Ys: Memories of Celceta

2. 17th achiever for Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

3. 13th achiever for Conception II

4. 50th achiever for Danganronpa 2

5. 38th achiever for Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

6. 9th achiever for the NA Vita version of Ys Origin

7. 5th achiever for the NA Vita version of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

8. 19th achiever for Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk

9. 33rd achiever for Legend of the Tetrarchs

10. 1st achiever for Akash: Path of the Five

11. 25th achiever for Asdivine Dios

12. 22nd achiever for Illusion of L'Phalcia

13. 20th achiever for Asdivine Menace

14. 7th achiever for Monochrome Order

15. 20th achiever for Asdivine Kamura

16. 23rd achiever for Wizards of Brandel

17. 12th achiever for Seek Hearts

18. 9th achiever for Monster Viator

19. 29th achiever for The Alliance Alive HD Remastered

20. 4th achiever for Hero Must Die. Again.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Since last posting I became the first achiever for the EU version of The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters. Happy with that one as I went in blind as there was basically no info out there when I went in, but I was able to piece together the logic of how the trophies worked. Surprised someone didn't beat me to it as I didn't get it on release.

Managed to be the ~40-45th person to get Red Dead 2 plat and about ~20-25th person to get FF7 Remake plat (although with this one it's really because the game came out a week early in Australia).

Edited by PostGameBlues

• 2 weeks later...

Top 50 platinum achiever for:

11th for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

12th for Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition

14th for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

25th for Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition

42nd for Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Edition

34th for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

49th for The Banner Saga 3

41st for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

44th for God Wars: Future Past

39th for 428 Shibuya Scramble

Edited by thekingsman123

Fact of the matter is when you got guys like Brian (PS5Trophies) and PowerPyx getting their copies of games weeks ahead of everyone else, then it becomes pointless to try to be one of the first 50 achievers for any particular trophy, let alone the platinum.

I learned this when Brian himself basically made videos for Assassin's Creed Syndicate, he already had that platinum by the time I was able to get my copy of the game. This was the week it came out back in October 2015. A few days after launch date but still.

I managed to get in the first 50 achievers for two games, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour and Firewatch. I played Duke right when it came out at midnight launch, and I jumped on Firewatch's DLC, had some issues with one of the trophies but still managed to reach the first 50.

Technically I'm also in Atari Flashback Classics Vol 1 and Volgarr the Viking (two stacks), but those aren't that impressive considering not even 50 people have done the PS4 version of Volgarr. Atari is too old and archaic for most people, hence the few game owners and even fewer platinum achievers.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Got 3 of them so far:

1. Bard's Tale : 37th Achiever due to a trophy bug being patched and me catching on.

2. Guilty Gear : 1st achiever in all of them, mainly  because it's a 1998 port that nobody plays(I really aimed being the first for this one though).

3. Jotun : 34th achiever. This one is the only "legit" one so to speak, because...well it was released in 2016 and only 49 have the plat so far.

Probably  will be among the first to get the 2 bugged trophies in Titan Quest since I am constantly following that game's updates. If they ever get patched, that is.

• Like 1

Metro Exodus: Untouchable, A Man of Principle, Great Owl,  Music Lover. 100% but it probably doesn't count for the thread.

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer: Platinum, Inkabunga, Serv-O Droid, An Especially Dangerous Dug (3 italicized all technically because they were different trophies before the developers altered them.)

Bloons TD 5: Seems like I have 42/48 trophies in the first top 50 achievers

Azure Lane: 10 or so trophies in this one.

Assassin's Creed Rogue: At least the platinum I didn't look through the other trophies for this one.

Royal Defense: A few in this game

Royal Defense: Invisible Threat: A few in this game

Now THIS is one good topic!

Anyway, since I don't want to be here all week, I'll list Platinum 1st 50 only.

8 To Glory -- 1st in The World

RBI Baseball 20 -- 1st in The World

Floor Kids

Vegas Party (PS4)

Vegas Party (Vita)

Metropolis Lux Obscura (NA -PS4)

Metropolis Lux Obscura (NA - Vita)

Super Tennis Blast (NA)

Super Soccer Blast

It's a great feeling to be sure. I still remember my reaction to my 8 To Glory Platinum when I watched a Sony Rarity of 0.0% disappear and know that I was the reason for it. All I kept saying was the phrase "It doesn't feel real." And it still doesn't! I bought 8 To Glory a week after it came out and somehow got the Plat less than 24 hours later.

As for RBI Baseball 20, I got most of the trophies early, leaving plenty of time to grind out the 1000 RBIs trophy. People here even said I would be the first due to the huge lead I got out to. It was strange but energizing.

Every trophy hunter dreams but a Top 50 is a "holy grail" for many of us, myself included. I hope to have more in the future.

14 hours ago, Spaz said:

Fact of the matter is when you got guys like Brian (PS5Trophies) and PowerPyx getting their copies of games weeks ahead of everyone else, then it becomes pointless to try to be one of the first 50 achievers for any particular trophy, let alone the platinum.

I learned this when Brian himself basically made videos for Assassin's Creed Syndicate, he already had that platinum by the time I was able to get my copy of the game. This was the week it came out back in October 2015. A few days after launch date but still.

I managed to get in the first 50 achievers for two games, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour and Firewatch. I played Duke right when it came out at midnight launch, and I jumped on Firewatch's DLC, had some issues with one of the trophies but still managed to reach the first 50.

Technically I'm also in Atari Flashback Classics Vol 1 and Volgarr the Viking (two stacks), but those aren't that impressive considering not even 50 people have done the PS4 version of Volgarr. Atari is too old and archaic for most people, hence the few game owners and even fewer platinum achievers.

Mainstream games are more likely to fit the bill for the "first 50 achiever pointlessness", because they already started these games and got the trophies before us, thanks to review copies, I suppose. It's general observation.

Niche games are the exception, though, since they're pretty much consisted of a smaller player base. I have been the 17th person to be in the First 50 Achievers in a game called DEADBOLT, which is a very niche but notoriously difficult game consisted of only 18 legit First Achievers for the Platinum here on PSNProfiles, as of now, I suppose.

Edited by BadRep24