Why do games produced by TT Games still have zero quality control after all these years?

I know that it is hardly news, but Lego Force Awakens is a steaming pile of buggy crap.

Examples in my 23 hours so far with this turd: freezing, huge frame rate drops, crashes, impossible to complete objectives due to things not registering as complete which requires starting the level over from the beginning (multiple times in some cases) oh and lets not forget what just happened to me, complete corruption of game file save due to game crashing (while in the middle of auto saving presumably). I was at 74.5% game completion.

Thankfully I had a cloud save but I lost over 6 hours of progress.

This shit was mildly charming back in the xbox 360 days, I remember playing the lego harry potters and having lots of the same issues. But it's 2020 now, this shit is not cute. Why is this game still running on the same crappy engine since the first game? Why is it 3-4 years old and has never patched game breaking bugs? Why does this developer keep cranking out low polished games for highly recognizable brands?

Why am I playing this game made for children as an almost 33 year old man? The world may never know.

All I know is that TT Games is a pathetic excuse for a game company. This is my last Lego game for the foreseeable future. I got this on sale for like $5 or something, and it's barely worth even that from all the headache.

• Like 4

TT Games has been making the LEGO games for years, at this point repeating the formula and some games making changes makes for bad design. They have probably have gotten tired of making the same games and the line of quality has dropped, I would be expecting a good quality game for the new star wars game coming out since it's a well-known saga and I would say is one of the best Lego games. This game was pretty much made to piggy-back of the movie that came out. I wouldn't expect great quality from this game, but the new saga game coming out should hopefully increase in quality.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Because they took on WAY more work than they could handle and cut corners the further along they went.

The company folded as a result of their poorly run practice and had to end up how they are now. I'd say they got punished enough.

Wait what? Aren't they coming out with another star wars lego game soon?

TT Games is formerly Traveller's Tales, the maker of the Lego games, not Telltale games, makers of The Walking Dead games etc :P

Edited by Jables_The_Hutt

4 minutes ago, Burstawesome said:

TT Games has been making the LEGO games for years, at this point repeating the formula and some games making changes makes for bad design. They have probably have gotten tired of making the same games and the line of quality has dropped, I would be expecting a good quality game for the new star wars game coming out since it's a well-known saga and I would say is one of the best Lego games. This game was pretty much made to piggy-back of the movie that came out. I wouldn't expect great quality from this game, but the new saga game coming out should hopefully increase in quality.

I have really low expectations.... and honestly if you even read reviews about this game not many mention game breaking bugs it's 78 on metacritic even... it's like become so normalized with these lego games that game breaking bugs are part of the package. And I really don't see how a new game will be any different whatsoever.

Just now, Jables_The_Hutt said:

I have really low expectations.... and honestly if you even read reviews about this game not many mention game breaking bugs it's 78 on metacritic even... it's like become so normalized with these lego games that game breaking bugs are part of the package. And I really don't see how a new game will be any different whatsoever.

I have high expectations, the complete saga and even all the episodes on the ps2, I think were some of the best Lego Games. If they are remaking the entire saga with the 3 new episodes, I would expect high quality. I would be very disappointed if the quality was not good. Since Lego tends to rely on their physical toy licenses to make constant games, they will definitely reach a point where there will be no other game to make that is not repetitive. 

14 minutes ago, Jables_The_Hutt said:

not Telltale games, makers of The Walking Dead games etc :P

I remember seeing an E3 interview video years ago where the interviewer referred to Travelers Tales games as 'Telltale Games'.

The TT members didn't look very happy but at the same time they where too polite to correct it.

As for their Lego games, I've noticed its very rare that they will bother to patch the game to fix bugs after release.

Edited by objectioner
Grammer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burstawesome said:

I have high expectations, the complete saga and even all the episodes on the ps2, I think were some of the best Lego Games. If they are remaking the entire saga with the 3 new episodes, I would expect high quality. I would be very disappointed if the quality was not good. Since Lego tends to rely on their physical toy licenses to make constant games, they will definitely reach a point where there will be no other game to make that is not repetitive. 

I mean my whole point is that this Lego Star Wars game from 2016 has the same or worse game breaking bugs as Lego Harry Potter games from 10 years ago.

What is going to change with the next one? Why would anyone believe there would be a difference? There is no indication that the quality level has changed with their titles.

Disappointing to hear that one of these relatively new titles has these problems. I can tell you that the more recent games I've played (Marvel, etc) have been much better than the old games. LEGO HP 1-4 on PS3 was absolutely awful, and even playing through that again recently as part of the PS4 collection, it's not great (though it does seem better than I remember it being), but the newer games have been mostly better.... but I have not played Force Awakens, so I can't speak for that.

• Like 1

I have fond memories of these games when I was younger like with Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga & Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures and it's just frustrating that the games are so buggy and haven't really evolved meaningfully. I played this for the nostalgia factor and got burned hard. Really puts a sour taste in my mouth and makes me think twice about giving them another dime of my money anytime soon.

In all fairness they usually put out at least 2 games a year(not counting handheld spinoffs, mobile games and other weird side projects like lego worlds or dimensions that are typically done by tt fusion of some other team) so of course quality is gonna suffer if they have to put out a game a year and they dont have a rotating series of teams like call of duty(they have multiple teams but they still have to get out games yearly). but considering thier only major release last year was lego movie 2 and they are no longer doing 3ds/vita alternate versions theres a chance quality might start increasing with the upcoming star wars game.

I've got the platinum on 12 lego games, and never had any game breaking bugs with them.

I haven't done as many on the PS4 as I feel this gen lego games are far to much work compared to the PS3 titles.

First starting the games I'd read about game breaking bugs and it put me off but I took a chance and have enjoyed every lego platinum I've gotten.

If the developers haven't nailed a game with no glitches or game breaking bugs after all this time, I wouldn't expect it being any better for future titles. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 1:51 PM, Facas said:

Never seen any game braking bug on lego star wars. I finished it twice. The only lego games that I had problems was the harry potter ones. 

Same about Lego Star Wars...almost finished with PS4 playthrough. Completed the PS3 and Vita versions as well.

On 6/16/2020 at 5:20 PM, eoinfxrgg said:

I've got the platinum on 12 lego games, and never had any game breaking bugs with them.

I haven't done as many on the PS4 as I feel this gen lego games are far to much work compared to the PS3 titles.

First starting the games I'd read about game breaking bugs and it put me off but I took a chance and have enjoyed every lego platinum I've gotten.

If the developers haven't nailed a game with no glitches or game breaking bugs after all this time, I wouldn't expect it being any better for future titles. 

I've been really lucky so far...I have currently plated 28 (soon to be 29) Lego games over PS4, PS3 and Vita and never have had a game breaking bug. I have played both disc and digital versions. Knock on wood that I continue the streak...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 7:45 AM, sum1_worsethan_u said:

Same about Lego Star Wars...almost finished with PS4 playthrough. Completed the PS3 and Vita versions as well.

I've been really lucky so far...I have currently plated 28 (soon to be 29) Lego games over PS4, PS3 and Vita and never have had a game breaking bug. I have played both disc and digital versions. Knock on wood that I continue the streak...

Lol... I don't believe you.