Are you loyal to console brands?

kaltezhan

New gen around the corner, and it's the first time I've considered owning both of them. Even my gf, who went PS4, said she's really thinking about picking a Series X on the following year.

Both machines look great, can't wait to see what kind of inovations they bring to the table, but I can't even think about picking a Series X without a PS5 first.

Had a PS1 since I was a kid, and PlayStation have been a part of my life since forever. Even when I had my "pc phase", I just coudn't box my PS3 out of my living room. Xbox has some serious crazy cheap deals right now, Game Pass looks like an excellent service, but I also care very much about the games and the characters I feel I've invested in. Can't even conceive not experience the next chapter on Kratos, Aloy's or Ratchet story. Feels like I've grown up with these guys!

I don't consider myself a fanboy. If I could, I'd own every damn console on the market, but I've seen some friends who thought PS4 had an amazing exclusive backlog and are willing to buy a Series X first because of Game Pass. I'm not taking their credit, because gaming is a pretty expensive hobbie here in Brazil...Xbox is super "wallet friendly", so people tend to go on the cheaper one first. You should've seen our market on the X360/PS3 days, it was a real jailbreak shitfest.

Yea, I don't know..perhaps I'm crazy for being attached to virtual characters hahaha

• Like 2

Not exactly, but since every year I have less time to play I prefer to stay in just one console instead of picking everywhere, the trophy system kept me on the Sony brand all this time but ocasionally I jump to Nintendo to play the latest Zelda or Mario game but since WiiU I haven't bought any other of their systems... Xbox just doesn't have anything that attract me.

4 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Yes, absolutely.  Playstation all the way.  Deeply invested in their 1st party titles and of course the trophy system.  And with some form of backwards compatibility coming, that only adds to it.

Sony would really have to screw the pooch for me to switch at this point (very unlikely).

Yea, I've started to dig trophies on PS4. Even rebought games I've played on PC just to get a platinum (looking at you, Skyrim). Ever since I've learned that Xbox doesn't have a Platinum equivalent, it lost some fun points with me.

• Like 1

Big playstation fanboy. I have nothing against other consoles... (played on xbox and 360 alot and even considered a switch several times) but im not really a fan of console jumping. I like to invest all of my time into one eco system. Besides in my opinion, playstation have the best games.

• Like 1

Yup, I see no reason to go over to Xbox till they have a deep pool of xbox exclusives but I am thinking of picking up the series x next gen due to gamepass and them buying a bunch of studios. But i'll never play third party games on the Xbox/PC due to the trophy system.  Got the switch lite last year and I play that but its never the same as playing on a playstation

Edited by abhinandhan22

Gamepass gamepass gamepass, that's all anyone talks about when it comes to xbox.

It's cool if you don't have a backlog. It's cool if you don't buy alot of games and you don't really have much of an opinion on what you get to play. But every month people are talking about "whats new on gamepass this month" and 9 times out of 10 it's a game I've already played, or something that is pretty middle to low tier and I wasn't interested anyway.

I'm always going to choose to play the games that are most interesting to me at the time.

And as an example, I don't just watch whatever meh crap netflix churns out month after month. I spent time renting movies and watching different services for the best of the best tv shows and movies. I don't like the idea of spending anymore money on a monthly service that dictates what I can and can't play. I'll choose to play less games that are IMO high quality and worth my attention over having access to 100 games that 99% of I won't play.

But anyway I don't consider myself loyal to anyone. I went SNES > Dreamcast > Xbox > Xbox 360 > PS3 > PS4 > Xbox One (sold it after it sat on my shelf for 2 years with no exclusive games to play) and now looking at probably a PS5 because of the games. I also have owned Gamecube/Wii/Wii U and now Switch but Nintendo doesn't really compete with MS and Sony so they are always my "side console". 

Xbox one X not on my radar at all, because I can just play those games (if they ever release an exclusive besides Halo, Forza or Gears that i'm interested in) on my PC for cheap... sign up gamepass for 1 month then unsub.

There is no pressing need for a series X and that's by MS's own design. So they likely will get no sale from me.

Edited by Jables_The_Hutt
  • Like 4

I’m not loyal to PlayStation, it’s just the console I’ve had since I was younger. I don’t have anything against Xbox either but I definitely prefer PS. There’s a good few games on PS I really enjoy that only come out on here and since I don’t get all that much time to play these days it wouldn’t make sense to switch over. 

Plus I really like the trophy aspect we have and the thought of starting afresh doesn’t entertain me 

4 minutes ago, Jables_The_Hutt said:

Gamepass gamepass gamepass, that's all anyone talks about when it comes to xbox.

It's cool if you don't have a backlog. It's cool if you don't buy alot of games and you don't really have much of an opinion on what you get to play. But every month people are talking about "whats new on gamepass this month" and 9 times out of 10 it's a game I've already played, or something that is pretty middle to low tier and I wasn't interested anyway.

I'm always going to choose to play the games that are most interesting to me at the time.

And as an example, I don't just watch whatever meh crap netflix churns out month after month. I spent time renting movies and watching different services for the best of the best tv shows and movies. I don't like the idea of spending anymore money on a monthly service that dictates what I can and can't play. I'll choose to play less games that are IMO high quality and worth my attention over having access to 100 games that 99% of I won't play.

But anyway I don't consider myself loyal to anyone. I went SNES > Dreamcast > Xbox > Xbox 360 > PS3 > PS4 > Xbox One (sold it after it sat on my shelf for 2 years with no exclusive games to play) and now looking at probably a PS5 because of the games. I also have owned Gamecube/Wii/Wii U and now Switch but Nintendo doesn't really compete with MS and Sony so they are always my "side console". 

Xbox one X not on my radar at all, because I can just play those games (if they ever release an exclusive besides Halo, Forza or Gears that i'm interested in) on my PC for cheap... sign up gamepass for 1 month then unsub.

There is no pressing need for a series X and that's by MS's own design. So they likely will get no sale from me.

Facts. Only reason I am even thinking of getting a series x is because I don't have a gaming desktop and use a macbook and I move between Singapore and Australia semi regularly. The tantalising thing about xbox for me is that I never owned a single one of their systems so due to BC, I could catch up on all the past exclusives but that's really about it. 

• Like 1

I'm loyal to Activision and Deep Silver. Activision successfully brought back Crash Bandicoot the N Sane Trilogy, Spyro the Reignited Trilogy and Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuelled. Really love old nostalgic memories. Deep Silver did ok with Saints Row 3 and remastered it and Saints Row IV was much better, faster, music and exhilarating speed including the remastered as well. Gat out of hell was average at best.

Nope, the only reason I've haven't purchased other console (xbox) is due the gamepad, I just cannot handle that controller. I was even far from pc games because of that, but now that ds4 does not require an special software on pc I'm also gaming there.

• Like 1

Can't say I'm loyal to any corporation. I used to have Nintendo consoles and a gaming PC alongside the PlayStations, but these days, the PS platform has the games I'm interested in, and I've built up this profile, so those are the main reasons I stick with Sony. I also don't have the time, money, or energy to bother with the competition; my backlog is enormous already.

Ive had every Playstation console but I wouldn't consider myself loyal to Sony. My brother converted over to Xbox when they came into the console wars so I had the opportunity, but the lack of good exclusives on Xbox stopped me. That and I just can't deal with their controller. 

It would take a lot for me to drop Playstation as my console and I just don't have the time or cash for multiple consoles.

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd call it loyalty, but I'd rather keep earning trophies instead of starting over with xbox achievements.  If I had instead put that time and effort into xbox achievements, then I'm sure I'd rather stick with that.

To be honest both the PS5 and the new xbox look like they will be good consoles.

• Like 1

I've always been on team PlayStation, & probably always will be... unless they ever go all digital, then I'll stab them in the back. :awesome:  I would like to get a Nintendo console though for some of their exclusives, but I don't ever see myself getting an Xbox console... I honestly can't think of a single exclusive game from them that interests me. :hmm:

Console loyalty? Kinda yes. I like PS and it's 1st party games and exclusives, and much like what Sony say a while back, I see the Nintendo as a companion system for the PS systems and not really competition.

If I want a PlayStation game, I get it on whatever PS console it is on.

If I want a Nintendo game, I get it on whichever Nintendo system it is on.

If I want a Xbox game, I get it on PC because there is no reason to own an Xbox when a significant amount of their game library is on PC.

• Like 1

Not really, I'm just loyal to whatever console has the games I want on it.

The PS3 was the first console I went out and bought myself, and I chose that over X360 because a) I was used to a PS2 controller and b ) it had games I was interested which were exclusives, like WipEout, Ratchet and Clank and God of War. Having earlier entries in those franchises on the PS2 helped that. Same goes for the PS4 with Bloodborne (and eventually other exclusives like Uncharted 4 and Gravity Rush 2), and the Vita with Killzone Mercenary, Gravity Rush and Oboromuramasa Rebirth. I had a GBC, GBA and DS as a kid but only recently got back into Nintendo consoles through the Switch, because I was interested in Splatoon, Bayonetta 2 and Astral Chain.

The Xbox on the other hand just doesn't interest me at all, because there's nothing on it I care about. I never cared for Halo or Fable and whilst I enjoyed playing Gears of War in co-op with a friend back on the 360, that alone wasn't enough. Maybe one day I'll pick up a 360 for some of the remaining exclusives on it that I'm interested in (like, say, Blue Dragon), but since everything Microsoft is releasing these days is also coming out on PC, having a newer Xbox seems pointless to me.