Are you loyal to console brands?

kaltezhan

Kind of, but not really. I probably won't switch to Nintendo, because their games are overpriced and their third party support is shit, and I can't afford a good PC. That being said, the only thing that would stop me from switching to a superior console is the time I've put into buying games & earning trophies on PS4.

But I most certainly don't trust Sony - they're a greedy corporation like any other. It would actually be nice if either Nintendo or Microsoft became a more serious competitor to keep Sony from getting complacent.

• Like 1

Ehh... kind of.

I really enjoy collecting trophies on my profile, so I don't see myself jumping ship anytime soon.

I do own a Switch, but it rarely gets used despite me always having a good time when I do use it. I will say that the Switch will be incredibly handy for someone who is thinking about getting into more Japanese games in the future (seriously Sony, quit pushing away your Japanese audience).

After gaming for over 30 years from the Atari 2600, NES, Sega Mega Drive, PC, PS1 - PS5 & Psp + Vita, im now comfortably a so called Sony Loyal Fanboy. I dont take the Fanboy moniker very seriously but at the same time as has been mentioned in a similar wavelength on this thread, First Party Exclusives coupled with Strong SIngle Player narrative based games in the action adventure genre have made me stick to the Playstation brand. 

Also importantly, adulting, having a kid really limits time to game and here i am constantly crossing off the never ending backlog of games i have without playing them just to make time for the absolute most important IP's push me further to comfortably be happy with just buying Playstation console's and their stellar 1st to 2nd party Exclusive games. 

I've always had a Playstation, that's for sure when it comes to home consoles. However, for handhelds it was always Nintendo. I did have a PSP and have a Vita at the moment, but I think in the world of handhelds Nintendo kicks Sony out of the ocean. However, home consoles are always Sony, I could never go over to Microsoft so yes, I would say I am brand loyal. I enjoy my vita as well, but for handhelds I always preferred chill games like pokemon and harvest moon rather than RPGs or other games that require more time/concentration, so that's why I go for Sony for RPGs.  

Sony hasnt disappointed me so far with their consoles and exclusives. 90% of what I want to play and am interested in is available on their consoles, and I do enjoy trophy hunting as well. Even if microsoft were to have some killer games, I wouldnt jump ship over it...get an xbox? sure, maybe, but I wouldnt give up my PS for it. Just comfortable with the platforms, UIs, product, etc. 

used to be loyal to sony. but not anymore.. they have lost their way a bit, arrogant, stupid the whole fake woke middle marketting bs aswel, censorship it literally betrays what sony set out to do with the original playstation, games for adults.

companies are *just* whores. and will whore themselves out to what will pay them the most, so to answer the question, nowadays fuck no.

For me I play on everything but if im hunting for achievements it's playstation first purely for the plat. I prefer gamerscore over silver/bronze/gold but there is no real motivation  to 100% a game on pc or xbox.  Until xbox adds some kind of 100% game reward I will continue making playstatiom my achievement hunting preference 

Not really, I started with PC and N64, my favorite console as a kid was PS2. I owned an original XBox but wasn't a fan of the Monster Energy green UI, lost interest in Nintendo after the Wii. I've liked Sony consoles over the years because of their sleek black designs, but I think the PS5 is hideous and I'm hoping they release a slim model eventually. 

On 6/16/2020 at 9:30 PM, djb5f said:

Yes, absolutely.  Playstation all the way.  Deeply invested in their 1st party titles and of course the trophy system.  And with some form of backwards compatibility coming, that only adds to it.

Sony would really have to screw the pooch for me to switch at this point (very unlikely).

EDIT - I don’t consider myself a fanboy either.  I realize 90+% of the gaming between XBox and Playatstion is nearly identical.  If I had started with Xbox, I probably stay with them but for obvious reasons (aforementioned Sony’s 1st party titles and games having a platinum to show completion), I am glad I didn’t.

This would be my answer, with one small exception. I was staying at my brother's house in London in 2012 and was working. The Internet went down and I literally couldn't do any more work so I decided to play on his Xbox until the Internet came back on again.

Except I couldn't. Without the Internet, none of the games would play. It was the most stupid thing I have ever seen and put me off Xbox for life. I know MS doesn't do that anymore, but I'm too invested in PS now to ever want to make a move.

The only time I would ever consider buying an Xbox would be if I could get a really cheap one second hand so I could play Witcher 2. Yes, I know I could play it on PC but I spend most of my day working on a computer, so the last thing I want to do is continue using a computer when all I want is to collapse on the sofa and play some comfy console vidya.

I can't name 1 Nintendo exclusive I want to play and for Xbox there's only Forza for me. I'm sticking with Playstation for the exclusives and my trophies are here. I've owned over a dozen different consoles until the PS3 launched but now it's all Playstation in my future.

Edited by Sn1per666999

• 3 months later...

Been a Playstation gamer since the late 90's, and I've been loyal to them pretty much throughout. Not because of the logo on the box, but because they had the game library that interested me the most. Nowadays though, I'm mostly a PC gamer. I've been spoiled by years of Humble Bundles and Steam sales.

Edited by EverythingOnFire

I don't know if you would call it loyalty, but I only play PlayStation consoles because of how much time and effort I've spent on trophies.

I think the PC and maybe even Nintendo Switch are superior.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 1

I have been a Sony Pony for this long for 2 reasons, trophies (I don't like Xbox's system as much), and LittleBigPlanet (generally exclusives though to be fair). I still absolutely adore Xbox though, spent the last few days playing the original Saints Row and Skate 3 on my old 360 and getting my Xbox One S fixed soon.

Generally I don't have loyalty, I just prefer some parts of PlayStation at the moment, I can't deny Xbox has been making some interesting moves lately.

I'll play Sony, Nintendo, Sega, Atari... But I don't really like Microsoft consoles, don't like the UI, don't like the exclusives. I don't think it's a personal thing against Microsoft, because they're no better or worse than Sony as far as mega corporations go, but I just don't like their product.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be sticking with PS for two reasons, one is trophy collecting, the other is the exclusive titles.

I do own other consoles but only play ring fit on switch and watch disney+ on XBOX (it was for the kids mainly).

Maybe one day i'll play gears of war on XB or Bayonetta 2 on switch.....

In the 90s I was always loyal to SEGA, the Playstation 1 was the first console I cheated on. When the Dreamcast came out I also had the other consoles, but I was always devoted to SEGA. After Sega's hardware production ended, I had all the new consoles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo at home. The first Xbox was my favourite Console at that time. I left out the PS 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii generation completely because real life completely challenged and filled me.

With the Playstation 4 I got back into the game and am loyal to the Playstation without owning a console from Microsoft or Nintendo. This is mainly due to the trophies and that I never really liked Nintendo games. In the case of MS, I would only be interested in the Halo series, even if the games in this series are very different from 2001. However, if there were a common trophy list across all the different console systems, I would also have a Switch and an Xbox at home.

3 hours ago, Sikutai said:

In the 90s I was always loyal to SEGA, the Playstation 1 was the first console I cheated on. When the Dreamcast came out I also had the other consoles, but I was always devoted to SEGA. After Sega's hardware production ended, I had all the new consoles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo at home. The first Xbox was my favourite Console at that time. I left out the PS 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii generation completely because real life completely challenged and filled me.

With the Playstation 4 I got back into the game and am loyal to the Playstation without owning a console from Microsoft or Nintendo. This is mainly due to the trophies and that I never really liked Nintendo games. In the case of MS, I would only be interested in the Halo series, even if the games in this series are very different from 2001. However, if there were a common trophy list across all the different console systems, I would also have a Switch and an Xbox at home.

Sega sure went out on a high note with the Dreamcast, such an incredible library for the short lifespan it had