Are you loyal to console brands?

kaltezhan

Can't say I'm super loyal, but Playstation does seem to be my go to most of the time nowadays, but back when Microsoft was actually competitive, I was really into playing on my Xbox 360 more than I was my PS3, this was waaay back at the beginning of that generation near enough, though I had a PS3 for longer, I got it on release day, the issue was that the Xbox 360 had so many JRPGs that the PS3 didn't have for a while, among other games, there was also quite a few games that ran better on the Xbox 360. So back then, I can't say I was loyal to Playstation.

Now I mainly play on my PS5, opting for the PS5/PS4 versions of games over the Nintendo Switch versions (for obvious reason), Xbox is literally... I have a PC, I can play those games if I really wanted to, there's no hard competition between these consoles now, it just really comes down to what one you want, and most who have a decent PC already technically do have an Xbox for most part.

I’ve always loved PlayStation and have generally preferred their consoles, but I think it’s more out of familiarity than anything. I certainly don’t feel any sort of loyalty to Sony at all. And now that I got bitten by the trophy bug, that seems to be my main motivation for continuing with PlayStation consoles for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

Since I've bought both the Xbox Series S and X, I guess my loyalty to PlayStation is technically void, although I've always had other consoles. PS is my main platform but since I have the ability to experience as much as possible, I do it.

Loyal to console brands? The question itself is insulting! I'm loyal to good games, regardless of platform. I'm currently in the process of joining the Master Race™. The new consoles have little to nothing to offer that I cannot get on PC in much higher quality. A handful of exclusive console titles are nothing compared to the thousands of exclusive titles on PC.

Open the spoiler and tell me: Why should I care?

Spoiler

unbenanntzfjwt.png

Edited by R4M Razr
  • Like 1

I went from a DS to a WII to a 360 to a PS4, so no, not really. But from now on I am sticking with Playstation, so in a way, now yes, but have not always been on this side of the force, used to be part of the dark side hehe. Not actually that dramatic at all, just feels like it with the way some people react about the 'console wars'

Sort of, but not really.

If a game is available on multiple systems, I will pick up the PS4 and/or Vita version first. I do have a Switch, but I only use it about 1% of the time. However, I always have a good time when I do use it, and since more games I might want to try are coming to Switch as exclusives, I might start using it more often. Even as a trophy hunter, the Switch is a great secondary system to own IMO.

I used to be an Xbox player, but when my primary Xbox One suffered a hardware failure in 2019, I pretty much just moved on. I have absolutely no interest in a Series X for the time being. Maybe in five years when they release more games, but I can't think of any games they have that are worth playing right now.

I believe "brand loyalty" is an idiotic mindset. Every company only cares to get money from a consumer. It's about getting the best value out of your specific needs. I do believe that Sony has gotten away with a lot of bad practices because they have exclusive games and they built a strong player base over decades at this point because of it.

Realistically PC is probably the best investment for overall gaming and flexibility but I generally support things that benefit me completely. I started gaming on ps2...ps3 imo was a complete joke of a console for the majority of its life cycle and idc what anyone says, the 360 was better. I had a launch ps3 for the scam price of $600..I swapped to Xbox 360..had a blast playing during that generation, you had to be there during Xbox lives peak with their exclusive games and insane multi plat support for games...Xbox One was a laughing stock joke..kind of like ps3 but worse! 

I got ps4..and I naturally got Ps5 day 1 because I didn't see Microsoft making the strides I thought they would but I will say that Game Pass is excellent and I just got a Series X..it'll arrive tomorrow(23rd) but I'm not sure i'll keep it. 

I also have a 4K High end gaming PC that cost me a lot when i built it and that's the issue, I'd say for best value..you buy a PS5 and have a mid budget PC and you'll get the complete value of everything you want, ps exclusives...xbox game pass day 1 for some of those titles you are unsure about and some multiplats that happen to be available on there like Back 4 Blood coming out soon.

Going out of your way to support one brand blindly isn't smart imo but that's just me. I've had apple phones and android phones...i just get/support whats best for me.

• Like 2

On 23/06/2021 at 3:41 AM, DaivRules said:

Same the other way too. Every consumer only cares to give as little money as they can to get what they want from a company.

Not true. I'm willing to pay premium for great customer service. If I don't get respect from a company I'm happy to take my business elsewhere even if it costs me more money.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 2:41 PM, DaivRules said:

Same the other way too. Every consumer only cares to give as little money as they can to get what they want from a company.

You know, I somehow have reservations as to whether a working class person trying to save money on an expensive hobby is really comparable to million-billion dollar corporations swimming in cash and yet still cutting corners at every chance they can get.

Maybe that's just me, though.

If you loyal to console brand you're just plain stupid. 

When hackers attacked PSN 10 years ago and no one could play online games or sync trophies for 6 weeks i totally forgot that i have PS3 and had time of my life with X360 and Wii. 

I'll never plat a bad game to make my e-penis bigger. I'd rather play something good on different gaming system. 

P. S. If you play on consoles only you can't even play uncensored games and mod them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

You know, I somehow have reservations as to whether a working class person trying to save money on an expensive hobby is really comparable to million-billion dollar corporations swimming in cash and yet still cutting corners at every chance they can get.

Maybe that's just me, though.

Just goes to show it's all how people chose to frame their perspective and assign greater meaning to generalized actions.

A Playstation will always be my go to console but I also own many other systems, because of some games I wanna play. Breath of the wild was a must buy for me and that also applies for other games on the switch. I am also really into retro games, so now and then I dig up some old consoles.