Challenges

mahoganyman

Does anyone know the quickest/most efficient way to complete challenges?  Some of them are really time consuming,especially the taunt 50 gang members one (i've already cleared steelport of all gang ops). So I was just wondering if anyone knew a good way to complete these fast.  and is it just me or does it seem like this should be a gold trophy and not silver?

thanks

I think you can taunt your own members. If not I remember there being a way for you to get the Morningstar members after you, then entering a building you own, then run out to taunt them before they drive off.

As for the other challenges, they are time consuming but shouldn't take too long. I held off on doing them for a long while from lack of motivation, but when I got back to doing them myself I knocked them out pretty quickly.

Clearing city first then doing challenges is suicide, then it becomes too hard. You should just restart on another save file, easier that way. Other then that, challenges are easy, I`ve done it easily atleast.

This. Some challenges are pretty much unachievable after you clear the city. You should probably start a new game, I'm afraid.

For the challenges, look up a guide or video guide, they should help you with each single challenge.

Does anyone know the quickest/most efficient way to complete challenges?  Some of them are really time consuming,especially the taunt 50 gang members one (i've already cleared steelport of all gang ops). So I was just wondering if anyone knew a good way to complete these fast.  and is it just me or does it seem like this should be a gold trophy and not silver?

thanks

Did you just clear gang ops or have you taken over the city?

If you haven't cleared a district then go there and get you gang notoriety up to 3 or four, (high enough that they're sending regular waves of troops) then, after you have a large enough group of enemies, go into a building you own.  Most of the rival gang members will stay outside the building.  Go outside and Taunt one (or a group if possible), which will make them hostile, enter the store, go out and taunt another (has to be different people each time, can't just taunt the same guy over and over), and repeat until you've taunted the whole group.  Then, start the process over.

When I did this the taunting challenge went by in a snap :)

Nevermind, just looked at your profile and saw you took over the city.  If you already took over the city, you're gonna have a bad time.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

Did you just clear gang ops or have you taken over the city?

If you haven't cleared a district then go there and get you gang notoriety up to 3 or four, (high enough that they're sending regular waves of troops) then, after you have a large enough group of enemies, go into a building you own.  Most of the rival gang members will stay outside the building.  Go outside and Taunt one (or a group if possible), which will make them hostile, enter the store, go out and taunt another (has to be different people each time, can't just taunt the same guy over and over), and repeat until you've taunted the whole group.  Then, start the process over.

When I did this the taunting challenge went by in a snap :)

Nevermind, just looked at your profile and saw you took over the city.  If you already took over the city, you're gonna have a bad time.

I've already taken over the whole city...thanks though, I appreciate the help  ^_^

I just recently got this game and am going to start it soon (after I finish Star Wars:  Force Unleashed 2).  I am getting the feeling I should start working on challenges as soon as possible.  Am I correct in making this assumption?   :D

Yeah do them as soon as possible, However some challenges don't appear in your Saints book until you complete certain story missions so I recommend starting the challenges after you complete the mission STAG Film as by then you will have all challenges available to do

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 1

Yeah do them as soon as possible, However some challenges don't appear in your Saints book until you complete certain story missions so I recommend starting the challenges after you complete the mission STAG Film as by then you will have all challenges available to do

Ok, thanks for the advice.  I just got done with Star Wars:  Force Unleashed 2 so I will probably start Saints Row 3 next.  :yay:

• 2 months later...

You can find gang members walking around. For the trophy Love/Hate Relationship, just drive around in territory you own and compliment Saints gang members. And for the taunting for other gangs, make sure you've bought the invincibility off of the upgrades then make a gang 5 star wanted rating. Just go up to gang members in groups and taunt them. Even if they are attacking this works. I got done with this challenge in 3 minutes like that. Also, do it near a store you own so you can easily shake the heat when you want to, but they will drive away if you do this.