Platinum Trophy Video Guide + DLC!

Gray-Fox-44

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2020 at 2:23 PM, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Hi everyone!

I have just finished uploading a video guide nobody asked for! :D I show how to get every single trophy for this great game in under 4 hours, both base game and dlc!

You can get everything in just one playthrough if you go straight for the speedrun, and then clean up the rest during the sort of free roam you get after beating the game (which includes the DLC).

Almost as soon as the video starts, you can check what my roadmap is. There is also a pop-up notification every time a trophy is earned while playing.

Please do note that I use the "unlimited energy" and "revive on the same room" in-game cheats from the very beginning for the sake of saving time, since I didn't intend this to be a prefect run, but just a walkthrough that can grant you the 100% without too much trouble. However, this can be done without activating those cheats if you wish to experience the game at its best! I suggest you do so at least once. It is worth it. ;)

Let me know what you think! :)

Definetly going to use this guide on the weekend, got this game on Sale a couple weeks ago, looks pretty unique.

Just now, Gray-Fox-44 said:

It's a very nice game! I hope you find my guide usefull :) let me know once you finish it! :D

Will do I just had a question for you, Do you think it would be easy to do the speedrun on my first try if I follow you're video and pause while I speedrun it or do you think I would need to learn the mechanics before hand?  

2 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Will do I just had a question for you, Do you think it would be easy to do the speedrun on my first try if I follow you're video and pause while I speedrun it or do you think I would need to learn the mechanics before hand?  

I tried this just the other day and kept getting killed about 17 minutes in because I wasn't used to the game mechanics.

2 minutes ago, Cravinovv said:

I tried this just the other day and kept getting killed about 17 minutes in because I wasn't used to the game mechanics.

Do you know how strict the speedrun is because with the respawn in same room "Cheat" I thought maybe it would leave room to die a bit.

Edited by iGGTheEnd

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Do you know how strict the speedrun is because with the respawn in same room "Cheat" I thought maybe it would leave room to die a bit.

I reached the end (and the speedrun trophy) at 1:01, leaving some 16 minutes to spare, and I recall making plenty of mistakes. That leaves generous room for error. Taking into account that the clock stops if you pause the game, you should be able to make it within time.

Still, that would almost double your playtime due to watching/playing. For that reason, I would suggest playing "just for fun" at least for half an hour, getting yourself used to the controls system, and then restart from scratch. You will pop at least one trophy that way, so if your aim is getting a fast 100%, then you should practice on a secondary account. It is nothing too difficult, but dealing with a speedrun and frustration over unnecesary mistakes at the same time can ruin your experience.

1 hour ago, Cravinovv said:

It gets easier once you get used to that. Some practice can be the difference between loving the game and hating it.

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

One more thing to add, or two. It is key that you buy the same upgrades I buy, and also keep in mind that you shouldn't visit extra rooms or open extra chests. That could end up adding an extra playthrough (trophy-wise). So whenever you die, make sure you get your salt back, so you can buy everything you need.

20 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

It seems you can have a flawless speedrun and be about 50 minutes of game time as the speedrunner himself said he beat it in an hour and a minute with some mistakes in there.

Just testing the game on another account to see if it is something I want to play and it is honestly pretty cool, controls are odd but pretty smooth.  

Just one more question.

If I am doing the speedrun and think I am doing pretty well for time can I exit game and upload to cloud or does it all have to be in one go?  Sorry for asking but Speedrun trophies aren't my thing haha.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Just testing the game on another account to see if it is something I want to play and it is honestly pretty cool, controls are odd but pretty smooth.  

Just one more question.

If I am doing the speedrun and think I am doing pretty well for time can I exit game and upload to cloud or does it all have to be in one go?  Sorry for asking but Speedrun trophies aren't my thing haha.

It doesn't have to be in one sitting. As you said, you can pause, exit, back up your save, and go back to it if you mess with time or any other thing.

Yeah, it is a really nice game :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...