100 HNM bosses trophy question

The trophy guide for vita states that the HNM bosses respawn over time...however I can just pick the quest/hollow mission for the multiplayer and have the same HNM boss in an unlimited amount. So I was wondering if killing HNM bosses through this way does not count for the trophy.

haven't played or platinum'd the ps4 version, but from my memory of doing so with the vita version, i believe they took time to respawn. perhaps the ps4 version is different, as the ps4 version has some new and different trophies and i believe a higher level cap amongst other things, so this could possibly be different as well. i remember on the vita i would just repeat the easier ones over and over like the kobold, skeleton thing, and others with lower levels because i absolutely sucked at pulling off OSS's besides getting a couple of few in a row unlike how crazy some people can get their combo going. lol.

i had an absolute blast with this game though, and the platinum was highly satisfying with the amount of grind you have to do.  

The way the trophy guide is written gave me the impression the HNM were a free roaming thing.

I confirm you can just pick the quest with the HNM, complete it, then the quest is automatically up again so you can go there and repeat the whole thing.

I didn't even bothered to have an OSS chain (I barely can link 2 skills, is not really helpful either since the enemy can attack between the 2 skills), I did this grind at lv 196 with double Ragnarok+5 (strenght) and the Crimson Gauntlets, taking an average of 1-2min per HNM (Kobold boss in Selvendys) with Hyper/Perfect Armor and Strenght, Vitality and War Cry buffs (this whole set of skills is what I used for the exp grind too with Perfect Style and EXP buffs, there is no need to go for other boring to grind skills) and the Arcane skill.

Leaving from the MP through the door restores the skills, although I didn't bother to do that.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 6/21/2020 at 1:55 AM, VirtualNight said:

The way the trophy guide is written gave me the impression the HNM were a free roaming thing.

I confirm you can just pick the quest with the HNM, complete it, then the quest is automatically up again so you can go there and repeat the whole thing.

I didn't even bothered to have an OSS chain (I barely can link 2 skills, is not really helpful either since the enemy can attack between the 2 skills), I did this grind at lv 196 with double Ragnarok+5 (strenght) and the Crimson Gauntlets, taking an average of 1-2min per HNM (Kobold boss in Selvendys) with Hyper/Perfect Armor and Strenght, Vitality and War Cry buffs (this whole set of skills is what I used for the exp grind too with Perfect Style and EXP buffs, there is no need to go for other boring to grind skills) and the Arcane skill.

Leaving from the MP through the door restores the skills, although I didn't bother to do that.

Thank you for the information. I was worried it wasn't counting since I feel like I have killed nearly 100 and it has yet to pop but I will push through a bit more now. 

The trophy roadmap is for the VITA and a lot of the game mechanics and some features are different. On VITA multiplayer is only ADHOC and you can't pick a mission to play. All skills also cost SP to use but have no cooldowns like PS4.

• Like 2

On 31.1.2022 at 2:56 PM, GamerCrazy2 said:

Thank you for the information. I was worried it wasn't counting since I feel like I have killed nearly 100 and it has yet to pop but I will push through a bit more now. 

The trophy roadmap is for the VITA and a lot of the game mechanics and some features are different. On VITA multiplayer is only ADHOC and you can't pick a mission to play. All skills also cost SP to use but have no cooldowns like PS4.

I only made this trophy a few days ago. I was grinding this trophy on multiplayer. I can confirm, that this trophy is online makeable with the quest setting. (Played on PS4)

Edited by SnowMirrorDream