Tips on 'Locked In' Trophy?

lightwemade

Hey all, 

Having some issues with this trophy and it's the last one I need.  Was wondering if anyone who's gotten the trophy lately can explain how they did so, and if there was any good strategies to make it easier.  Trying to do it with easy guitar and vox and I always miss a note somewhere :(

In some songs, it's literally not possible to get a "Full Streak" bonus because the track for one instrument doesn't kick in for a long time. I think I had this issue with a Queen song (maybe "Don't Stop Me?"). In theory the same goes for super low difficulty songs with only a few notes or shorter songs. I believe it's looking at the multipliers you have rather than the actual presence of a full streak.

So my advice would be:

1. Play longer songs
  2. Try medium difficulty if you can't get good multipliers fairly quickly
  3. Make sure you're playing on "Play a Show" mode.
  4. If you don't see the bonus when you hit the outro of the song, try replaying it. If the song won't give you the bonus and you feel like you did a good job in the song it might not work (based on the reasons above).

Just my two cents. It's been a hot minute since I've played but I remember the trophy feeling kinda gimmicky.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tothoro said:

In some songs, it's literally not possible to get a "Full Streak" bonus because the track for one instrument doesn't kick in for a long time. I think I had this issue with a Queen song (maybe "Don't Stop Me?"). In theory the same goes for super low difficulty songs with only a few notes or shorter songs. I believe it's looking at the multipliers you have rather than the actual presence of a full streak.

So my advice would be:

1. Play longer songs
  2. Try medium difficulty if you can't get good multipliers fairly quickly
  3. Make sure you're playing on "Play a Show" mode.
  4. If you don't see the bonus when you hit the outro of the song, try replaying it. If the song won't give you the bonus and you feel like you did a good job in the song it might not work (based on the reasons above).

Just my two cents. It's been a hot minute since I've played but I remember the trophy feeling kinda gimmicky.

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.  Did you just do solo guitar and vox?

16 hours ago, rdawgwizardry said:

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.  Did you just do solo guitar and vox?

No, I just did it with another person locally using drums/bass. Any two instruments should work fine, but if you're targeting vocals it might be worth investing in some "talky" songs (i.e. Rage Against the Machine) and just putting the mic in front of a fan.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I do this the last month and a few things:

• If you have the digital copy, "YOU CAN'T DO THIS ON "PLAY A SHOW", rewards don't work anymore on that mode.(after an update)
  • If you have the disk copy, you have to uninstall the whole game and Don't install any update

This is the only way to do it without unistall the whole game (disk or digital works)

1. Go to "career mode" and find some stage that let you pick 5 songs.
  2. Try bass/vox on easy, i dont' remember the exact songs that i used BUT i know two "adam's songs" and "miss murder".
  3. You can miss 1 or 2 note, but not on the middle of the songs.
  4. When the rewards "full combo" show on the screen you can relax and fail.
  5. DLC Songs have reward too.
  6. A few (or a bunch if you have tons of DLC) songs don't have the "full combo" reward,

Its hard, This trophy was the last one that i do.
Good Luck!...

Edited by ArK_TatiCo
more info
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

From what I understand you can only get the full streak reward on the first song of a show... I’ve proven this by playing through a show, getting FC on the first and second song, only to get the award on the first song. Online guides say you need to skip to the next song, but that doesn’t seem to be possible in career mode. Is there something I’m missing? Not sure how to get this if you can only get it in the first song but can no longer skip the rest of the songs...

• 2 weeks later...

On 2020-12-20 at 9:35 PM, Commander-Fox-Q said:

From what I understand you can only get the full streak reward on the first song of a show... I’ve proven this by playing through a show, getting FC on the first and second song, only to get the award on the first song. Online guides say you need to skip to the next song, but that doesn’t seem to be possible in career mode. Is there something I’m missing? Not sure how to get this if you can only get it in the first song but can no longer skip the rest of the songs...

Ok, I was able to get it. Turns out it’s now possible to get the full streak award on any song of a tour. We ended up getting the trophy by playing the New York Bass Showcase on easy guitar and bass and FCing every song (we did have to restart once, so I can prove that restarting a song doesn’t effect this trophy). With this and a lot of the grindy trophies of this game there seems to be a lot of outdated info out there. I’m thinking of maybe making an updated mini trophy guide for these trophies to make it much more clear how to get them in the future...

• Like 4