Persistent wrecks ruin this game

• 1 month later...

This is why the game is called Dangerous Driving I'm surprised you're surprised that the game has all sorts of obstructions for you to crash into.  The frustration is a part of what the Dev was going for.  It's suppose to take multiple attempts.  It's suppose to be chalked full of crashes.  It isn't going to get any better in Dangerous Driving 2 because this is the point of the game.  In fact it may get worse.  If i were you i wouldn't play the 2nd one.  There are only about 5, give or take, races in this game that are that hard tbh.  The hardest  race in the whole game was either the 1st or 2nd time trial can't remember which. Anyway this is the point in all their games Dangerous Golf, Driving, etc.  I find them very fun and arcade like.  And thank god it doesn't require all the eliminator races in right because several of the last few of those are really unfair.  An F1 racing game may be more up your ally, more realistic  and no crashing..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

This is why the game is called Dangerous Driving I'm surprised you're surprised that the game has all sorts of obstructions for you to crash into.  The frustration is a part of what the Dev was going for.  It's suppose to take multiple attempts.  It's suppose to be chalked full of crashes.  It isn't going to get any better in Dangerous Driving 2 because this is the point of the game.  In fact it may get worse.  If i were you i wouldn't play the 2nd one.  There are only about 5, give or take, races in this game that are that hard tbh.  The hardest  race in the whole game was either the 1st or 2nd time trial can't remember which. Anyway this is the point in all their games Dangerous Golf, Driving, etc.  I find them very fun and arcade like.  And thank god it doesn't require all the eliminator races in right because several of the last few of those are really unfair.  An F1 racing game may be more up your ally, more realistic  and no crashing..

Not... really, that's a terrible argument. It's possible to have danger in games without bad game design. Frustration is not good game design. Especially when you spend 10 minutes in an eliminator match only to die on the final lap due to a random wreck.

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Not... really, that's a terrible argument. It's possible to have danger in games without bad game design. Frustration is not good game design. Especially when you spend 10 minutes in an eliminator match only to die on the final lap due to a random wreck.

IDK i'm just saying from the developer that made this it was exactly what I expected.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020/6/18 at 5:30 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

Simply put. The game is genuinely thrilling on the earlier classes, but as you get later in the game, you start driving insanely fast cars with matches that take 10+ minutes to complete. Every time a car crashes or is eliminated, the car stays on the race track. For the rest of the game. And there's usually a few wrecks per game. The race track essentially becomes a minefield with impossible to avoid wrecks littered across the track.

What kind of Burnout game punishes you for taking down other cars? I've found myself deliberately trying not to take down any enemies just to avoid littering the track with any unnecessary baggage. I can't describe how frustrating it is to be 8 minutes into an elimination and then lose because you crashed into a car right before the next lap.

Nevermind the rubber banding - cars sometimes also crash, but very rarely, so it's basically a lottery. Who crashes most? You or the AI? Even when the AI does crash, they instantly catch up, while you can end up ten seconds behind, easy.

It's a shame, because this could potentially be a great game. Sure, it's rough around the edges. But the gameplay is good, except for the persistent wrecks (and 10+ minute races in general are an abomination.) I understand that Three Fields Entertainment is a small studio, but I wish they'd just fund a kickstarter for an actual burnout successor instead of giving us these half baked games that clearly haven't been playtested enough.

I've played Trackmania Turbo, and I gave up on it, but at least Trackmania Turbo was fair. All you had to do was memorize the correct sequence of events (even if that takes hours for every track) and you would be golden. Dangerous Driving? I may give up on it, not because it's too difficult, but because it's broken.

In short... I recommend passing on this game. Dangerous Driving 2 should be coming out next year, and hopefully it'll be a much, much better game than this game (which really feels like a prototype) is.

Edit: Thank christ, I found out that the platinum doesn't require you to gold medal all the eliminator matches, which makes it much more feasible to platinum. The persistent wrecks are still a terrible gameplay decision, but they were worst there. You only need bronze medals in them to continue to the next race.

Yea I agree with you so so much, the game encourages you to take down your opponents by refilling your nitro if you do that, but the wrecks then just remained on the track forever. You got nitro for takedowns but planted yourself a time tomb instead coz those AI cars are "smart" enough to auto-dodge those wrecks.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

the disc comes with danger zone 2 which can be fun and frusterating at the same time. so i think if you can get the disc for a very cheap price then that game is ok. but its very short. but like shah said above this game is trash. im somewhat just getting to the stage of tolerating it enough to finish it. after you earn that first trophy you say crap i should of not did that lmao. you basically just hold down turbo at all times and smash into every railing and dont even try to make a turn correctly and hope you dont crash into all the piles of junk that add up from previous crashes.

• 1 month later...