Vita Recommendations Please!

TVDex252

Hey guys, recently got the platinum for Persona 4: Golden which was the game that I got my Vita for to begin with. Now Im looking for some good recommendation for the Vita.

I am pretty much into every genre of games in some way but really looking to avoid visual novels.

Types of Games Im looking For -

1. Games Exclusive to the PS Vita (Not on PS3 or PS4)
  2. JRPGs that can take advantage of the sleep mode & portability like Persona 4 (even if they are on PS3/PS4)
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Hey guys, recently got the platinum for Persona 4: Golden which was the game that I got my Vita for to begin with. Now Im looking for some good recommendation for the Vita.

I am pretty much into every genre of games in some way but really looking to avoid visual novels.

Types of Games Im looking For -

1. Games Exclusive to the PS Vita (Not on PS3 or PS4)
  2. JRPGs that can take advantage of the sleep mode & portability like Persona 4 (even if they are on PS3/PS4)

I'll follow this thread because I'm pretty much on the same situation, bought a used Vita last year but I still need to add some good games for that.

All can I say is good games should be Sony exclusives like Uncharted, Resistance and Killzone but also Gravity Rush etc.

CoD Black Ops Declassified is an exclusive to Vita as well while games like AC Liberation and Batman Origins Blackgate are now available on PS3/PS4 but were exclusives before.

I'm not an expert of JRPG but I'll pay attention to others here maybe I can discover some good gem :D

Edited by Agent_Renegade22
  • Like 1

If you haven't played it on PS3 the original version of Guacamelee! is awesome on Vita. As is Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Severed, God of War Collection, Killzone Mercenary (servers are shutting down soon so do MP trophies first), Tearaway, Full Throttle Remastered, Grim Fandango Remastered.

Heroes of cold steel 1&2 

demon gaze 1 &2 

mary skelter nightmare 

trillion god of destruction 

sorcery saga 

persona 4 dancing all night 

sly cooper trilogy 

ratchet & clank trilogy 

freedom wars 

muramasa rebirth 

soul sacrifice Delta 

mind = 0 

tales of heart R 

operation Babel & abyss 

Senran kagura bon appetite 

digimon story  cyber sleuth & hackers memory 

that is all my games I have on the ps vita right now 

26 minutes ago, Shiggidy_DoZa said:

If you haven't played it on PS3 the original version of Guacamelee! is awesome on Vita.

I have had Guacamelee on my backlog for a long time now and I could go for it soon.

So is the Vita version any good?

I was so undecided if playing it on PS3 or Vita until now my worries were mostly about game controls on Vita, if trophies were harder to earn there etc...

Iconoclasts is really fun, it doesn’t have a plat though. Child of Light is fun too but its not for everyone, it doesn’t have a plat either.

Iconoclasts is a really fun 2D platformer, its beautifully made too. You play as a mechanic and solve (quite easy) puzzles and come across bosses to defeat. The goal is: saving the planet. There is only one sucky thing about it: the trophy list doesn’t feel rewarding at all but don’t let that stop you for trying it out. :)

Iconoclasts was on PS+ in the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Killzone Mercenary (great shooter in general, the best you can get in the vita)

Slain: Back From Hell (after the patch obviously)

Soul Sacrifice (monster hunter type game, great exclusive)

MeiQ (dungeon crawler with huge golems that fight, glad that Demon Gaze also get some love here, love the first one to death)

Natural Doctrine (if you want a masochistic strategy rpg, this one got you covered)

Phantasy Star Nova (pretty much the PSO but without the online, since this one is full one Single player)

htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary/Yomawari: Night Alone (got both games in a single pack, Firefly is more like a platform puzzle style adventure and yomawari is full survivor horror, both worth the money)

AccessEngage21.png