Anyone's PS4 Pro kick into overdrive playing this?

jaybrarrrrr

I launched this game for the first time yesterday. My PS4 Pro gets deafening loud in the menu and as soon as game play begins, I have never heard it get so loud. I assumed it may be from the 4K patch and now the game is rendering those visuals and 60fps. I don't have a 4K display so I looked for a setting to bring down visuals, nothing. Because I've never heard the Pro get this loud, I'm nervous to keep playing lol. Anyone else get the fans kicking in like this as well?

Sorry to say that, but my PS 4 Pro is very loud in mostly every game. I cleaned the fan today, but the Problem is deep inside the PS 4, the Thermal Paste. It started one month after i bought my PS 4 Pro end never ended.

Edited by Sikutai

1 hour ago, jimbob12345678 said:

Loud fans have been a common thing with DOOM on regular PS4s since launch so I guess PS4 pro is the same?

Yeah, generally frame rates hit the CPU hard in games like this with the particle effects and whatnot, but with it rendering 1440p upscaled to 4k, the gpu is getting pushed as well. I just wish they left an option for graphic settings.

• 8 months later...

I just finished playing the campaign and this game made my Pro's fan run louder than I've ever heard it before. The console was running loud most of the time, too. The fan volume rarely seemed to subside to a normal level, which was annoying. Headphones were definitely required for the entire playthrough.