Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time rated for PS4, Xbox One in Taiwan

After the success of the N.Sane trilogy it was clear we would see Crash 4 at some point.

I'm not optimistic, though. Remaking games is one thing, creating a new one is another. And IMO, so far no one has successfully captured what Naughty Dog's Crash was. I don't understand why it's (reportedly) being made by the Spyro Re-ignited trilogy devs (Toys for Bob), who worked on porting the N.Sane trilogy, instead of the studio that made these games (Vicarious visions). This is the first red flag for me.

Edited by Alderriz

24 minutes ago, Pudimflam said:

Happy to see that crash has the spotlight again! Now bring back the sly cooper series already 1f605.png

I'm pretty happy about this new Crash game , i would rather have a new Spyro games in the likes of the PS1 trilogy , since it's also a property of Activision now.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Noskillzpro407 said:

Man only if Sony never sold the Crash IP. Just cannot trust Activision to not mess this game with MTX. 

As far as I know Universal that owned Crash, but sony had exclusive publishing rights (maybe slight ownership at the time), same with spyro before they both got sold off honestly if this gets MTX's I'd be peeved, I'm still debating if I'd want this as it is after the human rights fiasco that Blizzard caused last year, don't want to take it out on the developer but due to who the publisher is that's the main issue. Toys for Bob do great artwork and can do fantastic games, the original Skylanders and Imaginators are great examples of that, and they did a great job with the reignited trilogy (but couldn't get another delay hence why YotD was a bug filled mess at launch) I'll take a look at the game, but price will be a major factor in this too if it's a £50 title and the formula is still similar to the originals though it will be a lot of new assets and story I'd probably skip it at launch.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FrozenLionheart said:

if it's a £50 title and the formula is still similar to the originals though it will be a lot of new assets and story I'd probably skip it at launch.  

This for me too and I'd probably skip it at £40 as well. If it were to launch at £30 or £35 then I'd grab it.

56 minutes ago, Negan said:

This for me too and I'd probably skip it at £40 as well. If it were to launch at £30 or £35 then I'd grab it.

£40 or £50 is more likely, £30 is a little too low regarding development costs imo.

8 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

£40 or £50 is more likely, £30 is a little too low regarding development costs imo.

If the leaks about it having New super mario bros like elements (I believe it was) where there will be cortex levels that interact with the crash/coco levels creating new paths to levels and such then no problem for me at least £40 however if it follows the same formula as the N'sane trilogy/ wrath of cortex (which this is still inspired by and replacing as its 4 quantum masks instead of elemental ones) and is just 25 main levels and a few hidden ones behind relics £35 I'm sorry is at most all it's worth, as it won't be trying new things and playing it safe though there does seem to be new designs for N.Tropy and such (leaked ages ago I think in a video/studio photos) I'm all for more Crash but if it doesn't do enough to make this new outing worthwhile then shouldn't be higher than that.

On top of it all platformers are usually quite short even if they have replay value an average completion time of New Super Mario Bros U deluxe for main game is around 8 1/2 hrs and completionists around 30hrs, and compared to things like COD this would have a lower production budget. For me if I pay £50 for a game (no special editions etc) I'd want 50hrs of content out of it so £1 per hour of gameplay, or it have to be extremely artistic and engaging (+ not launching as a bug filled mess), I couldn't justify buying Concrete genie at full price even though I like the artistic style and gameplay because its around a 6hr game to complete, Ori I didn't mind buying either game at full price (bought the original game twice due to getting the limited edtion steelbook copy for PC) because it has great gameplay, hand drawn backgrounds, emotive story and a absolutely stunning soundtrack, and with will of the wisps got the CE which was only £15 more than the standard edition and contained a nice art book, steelbook and 2 soundtracks (Main OST digital and piano collections CD) but was worth the money due to the fact they added more to the gameplay and evolved the game with new mechanics too. 

FINALLY

SO HAPPY ?

I can't wait to fail 50+ times in each level until I memorize the level so I can complete each one and get all the gems/crystals/whatever. ?

In all seriousness... (not that I hate that... being persistent is pretty much my go to at this point) I'm SO HAPPY this is FINALLY getting another game and I'll DEFINITELY be buying this.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Alderriz said:

I don't understand why it's (reportedly) being made by the Spyro Re-ignited trilogy devs (Toys for Bob), who worked on porting the N.Sane trilogy, instead of the studio that made these games (Vicarious visions). This is the first red flag for me.

VV is working on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-2 at least.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 1