Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time rated for PS4, Xbox One in Taiwan

Yeah... this looks AMAZING. I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to this.

I'm also looking forward to failing 50+ times on each level until I get it right and complete each level to completion. ?

I'll be completely honest though... I'm a little disappointed that it appears as though Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity, and the other games seem to have been retconned now. There's not much you can really do about that though I suppose.

It looks great though so it almost makes that moot.

According to the Playstation Store, there will be offline multiplayer. Also, the game is being charged at full price.

crash-bandicoot-4-multiplayer.jpg

I am so hype for this, especially after seeing the gameplay. All I wanted was for Crash to go back to its original formula. It never needed a Spyro-like gameplay (that works for Spyro though), it just needed its originality but improved. I don't even mind the designs. Definitely a Day 1 for me. Can't wait to get upset over dying dozens of time ?. I wonder if the Cortex level will be secret levels, considering it makes you believe in the trailer that he's the villain (though that might be to throw you off, or it'll start like that until a bigger threat comes around).

Now give me a proper sequel to Spyro as well! We've waited long enough for both!

• Like 1

New Gameplay Video (credit to Gematsu):

IGN has posted a short new gameplay video of Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time showcasing a pirate-themed level, which takes Crash from a seaside shore through a pirate cove to an end-of-level treasure area. Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 2. Read more about the game here.

Watch the footage below.

Microtransactions in offline games- or any non-F2P games- are unacceptable, whether they affect gameplay or not. Second-hand purchase for me if this is true, Bobby Kotick ain't getting a red cent. 

Edited by Lan Stee

Actually i don't care about skins. If you don't like it, don't buy them, neither do i. This will definitely not stop me from playing it. Great to see that the gameplay looks like Warped. I wish they had remastered Wrath of Cortex as well as it felt like a good sequel to warped and the gameplay was also pretty similar.

22 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

it looks like this game is going to have microtransactions. ?

That would explain the golden wumpa crates. It's probably gonna look similar to CTR with additional skins for coins.

Edit:

Nevermind I guess. Toys For Bob officially confirmed that there are no microtransactions in Crash 4. ?

Edited by Domino_Destructo

^^^I was just about to post something similar. lol.

Here's the original video where I found out this information.

Now here's a video I just saw as I was searching for this video on YouTube for evidence of my claim... that utterly contradicts it. (*insert Phoenix Wright music here.* Wait... why does this seem ironic...? lol)

So there's some 'video evidence' for you and as @Domino_Destructo said... Toys For Bobs tweeted stating there won't be any microtransactions whatsoever.

Let's just hope that this doesn't become a 'Crash Team Racing' situation (which I never played) and they end up putting microtransactions in a month after launch like what apparently happened to that game.

All we can really do is hope for the best honestly. ?

• Like 2

Thankfully, a extended version of the pirate level gameplay from Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time has surfaced without the guy from IGN talking over it, along with more footage from the level! Credit to Canadian Guy Eh for the video:

(NOTE: Skip to 0:51 seconds in to see it in action, with the in-level music and sounds of the game)

• 3 weeks later...

New gameplay videos (taken from the Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Special Demo that various people got from Activision this week).

Levels Involved:

1. Snow Way Out (Standard Crash/Coco level)
  2. Snow Way Out (Cortex version of the level, then swaps over to a more challenging version of Crash/Coco's Snow Way Out level)
  3. Dino Dash (standard Crash/Coco level)

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 1:06 PM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

I hope it isn't as hard as the early Crash games 1f605.png

Judging by the trailers, I think it will be just as hard, maybe harder.

On 6/20/2020 at 10:40 PM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

They better get this right or we won't see another Crash game in years.

It won't be any worse than Mind over Mutant.