Claim a free Witcher 3/GOTY Copy on GOG if you already own the game on ANY platform

xDerErnst

This even works if you own the disc version on ps4 (did it myself), your game just has to be registered in your account (trophy syncing should be enough)

if you encounter a problem while linking your Account that says connection to server timed out use this fix:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/playstation_network_was_unable_connect/page25

lastly, if you already own the game on GOG you can still receive a free copy of the game to gift to a friend.

Edited by xDerErnst

30 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

So I would need to earn a trophy first to be able to get the GOG version? 

no, all you need to do is start the game once and that should be enough. i would just sync trophies just in case so you have witcher 3 in your trophy list though i'm not sure if that is even necessary.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:29 AM, Edunstar84 said:

So I would need to earn a trophy first to be able to get the GOG version? What if I own the Goty version? Will it still work?

I can confirm that you will get the GOTY version if thats what you own. 

Edited by AllstarAaronski
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

So if I have the normal edition,I'll only get the normal edition? 

Yes, even if you own the DLC you'll only get the normal edition. For the GOTY you'll have the GOTY on your account (if you have both you'll get the GOTY).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I'm guessing the game has to be bought on your account because I've just played it, it shows up on my game list under Playstation, but it's still showing the 39.99 price tag on both the launcher and website.

I got it myself using the disc version. If the game shows up in your ps4 library in gog galaxy you should have an option to claim your free version on the ps4 game site in your ps4 library. It does not show up when you search it on the store 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xDerErnst said:

I got it myself using the disc version. If the game shows up in your ps4 library in gog galaxy you should have an option to claim your free version on the ps4 game site in your ps4 library. It does not show up when you search it on the store 

I'm sorry I'm still having some trouble. So it shows up in my GOG Playstation Library I get that. But the free copy will show on the the PS Store browser website in my download list? Cause its not there and on the PSStore it's showing a price tag. If you mean the GOG library it's not there either.

Never mind I got it. If anyone else's free copy isn't showing up; update the GOG Launcher to the latest version and then a "Claim Free Copy" banner should pop up when you click on the game in the Playstation Library in the GOG Launcher.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

I'm sorry I'm still having some trouble. So it shows up in my GOG Playstation Library I get that. But the free copy will show on the the PS Store browser website in my download list? Cause its not there and on the PSStore it's showing a price tag. If you mean the GOG library it's not there either.

Never mind I got it. If anyone else's free copy isn't showing up; update the GOG Launcher to the latest version and then a "Claim Free Copy" banner should pop up when you click on the game in the Playstation Library in the GOG Launcher.

glad you got it sorted out!