bromide collecting and claris team attack

ifyucantbeatmeXD

b4 starting this game i checked the trophy guide for missables, like i usually do and it says

"To the curious" are riddles that tells you where to find the bromides. One line, one bromide.

i thought this meant '# of hints equals # of bromides' per phase, but it's not, apparently ive missed a couple of bromides already, one in ch3 phase 1 and one again just now in ch5 phase 1. there were 3 hints on the note in the library but there are 4 bromides to collect, i know this bc i periodically check the list in the guide to make sure i have all bromides available so far (i wanted to find them by myself)

not saying the guide or the author are bad but it could've been a bit clearer on that little detail, frankly, the game itself could've been clearer there

guess that means no 100% for me which is fine, but im not playing this game a 2nd time bc honestly it's a kinda slow and boring game with boring combat. so im just going to focus on clearing the campaign but just a heads up for those who thought abt collecting everything in 1 playthrough by themselves

also claris's team attack didnt unlock for me in ch3 despite the guide saying it should've, i put her in 2nd slot and nothing happened and i was nice to her to whole time, instead i got anastasia's team attack

Edited by ifyucantbeatmeXD

• 1 year later...

I got my 100% and Platinum in just one playthrough... no NG+ needed for me.  It does suck to miss a bromide as this means we have to do another full playthrough to get them all again.  Not really sure if they carry over to NG+ though.  Anyway the success I got for getting everything in one push was to make BACK-UPS... and I made a lot of them for each Chapter.  There was a moment when I inadvertently moved to the next chapter while missing three (3) bromides - this was during the trick-bomb scene with Azami.  But since I have back-ups a simple reload brought me back to a position where I can collect them again.

As for Claris' Team Attack, I think I unlocked her TA Skill much later in Chapter 3 and not during the first battle we encounter... not really sure now but I got the trophy in the Battle Bot Simulator and the first one was from Claris.

The guide may be cryptic at times because it doesn't have time stamps - hard to really tell when we should actually execute things - BUT it's the best guide out there and we just need to be a bit creative sometimes on how to read it.  Again the key here folks is to keep multiple back-ups per chapter so we have a fall-back game save to go to in case we screw up.